2009/2010 Programs | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2009/2010 Programs

Buttercup

Record Breaker
How many Matrix movies were made, and how many soundtracks has he used so far... my money's on that :sheesh:
There is this rumor that Brian's not going to be looking very far for his LP music, and to expect something he's familiar with. Though I think even he understands it's time to say goodbye to The Matrix. I certainly hope so.

I vote for an Ennio Morricone program, which would allow him to recycle two old programs and throw in some new stuff!

Thank you, skatingbc, for posting about this, as I just now came from IN & read about it there. :)

Since reading about it, I found some of my favorite scenes from this magnificent movie over on youtube & can't decide between the following:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCaOcqp3uQg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChtL5yUuSVY

I don't think it's a coincidence that Evgeni just happens to look like Adrien Brody & now will be skating to "The Pianist".;)

It's all GREAT! :thumbsup: I can't wait to consult my very good friend, whom is a classically trained pianist, and get his opinion, as he has several performances of his own up on youtube as well.

Now the Tango, I wonder what Evgeni will do...
If it's not a coincidene that Evgeni looks like Adrien, then what is it that makes him look like Adrien?

I do hope for the Tango that he keeps to the rhythm. Will he?

Ya gotta start off each day with a song, maybe Inka Dinka Doo for the Gala?

IMHO, skating to piano music is very delicate. I'm not so sure he will give up his bombastic style to be delicate.

For those of you who do not know the origins of the Polonaise. It was an aristocratic Polish Dance, and danced majestically through the houses of the hosts. Chopin was a true patriot of :poland and he uses it in so many of his pieces as he does the Mazurka. The Mazurka was a Polish peasant dance which Chopin refined for so many of his pieces

We are all lucky to have had the mastery of Chopin. I hope Plushy doesn't ridicule it.

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
There is this rumor that Brian's not going to be looking very far for his LP music, and to expect something he's familiar with. Though I think even he understands it's time to say goodbye to The Matrix. I certainly hope so.

I vote for an Ennio Morricone program, which would allow him to recycle two old programs and throw in some new stuff!

Where did you hear that rumor? I hope it's not true!

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
Ah! I've just found the info on his website!
Something that isn't unknown to his fans...
If it's true I hope it's either "All for you" (that program is the one that shows him off best), "The untouchables" (that one worked) or 1492 (but really changed).
I just really hope it isn't Matrix (he will not win with it - the judges might just go mad if he skates to it again) or LOTD (no need to explain why.)

janetfan

Match Penalty
For those of you who do not know the origins of the Polonaise. It was an aristocratic Polish Dance, and danced majestically through the houses of the hosts.

We are all lucky to have had the mastery of Chopin. I hope Plushy doesn't ridicule it.

Thankyou for that tidbit Joe. I constantly find myself confusing the Polonaise with the better known French version, Le Mayonnaise.
Unlike the more regal Polonaise, Le Mayonnaise was a somewhat debauched dance of the French aristocracy who used to get naked and cover themselves in the stuff. (Should Joubert try this:laugh:)
Imagine how the French must feel about silly, puritanical Americans who in their eternal ignorance actually use Le Mayonnaise as a sandwich spread. :cool:

DragonPhoenix

On the Ice
For those of you who do not know the origins of the Polonaise. It was an aristocratic Polish Dance, and danced majestically through the houses of the hosts. Chopin was a true patriot of :poland and he uses it in so many of his pieces as he does the Mazurka. The Mazurka was a Polish peasant dance which Chopin refined for so many of his pieces

We are all lucky to have had the mastery of Chopin.

Yes, that is so true.

:agree:

And I think it’s also important to note that Chopin was half-French as well. His father was French and his mother was Polish.

Chopin grew up in Poland and moved to Paris, France when he was about 21 years old.

And as everyone knows, along with the Polonaise and Mazurkas, he also composed many wonderful nocturnes, etudes, impromptus, preludes and etc... as well.

Mamouchka

Rinkside
If it's true I hope it's either "All for you" (that program is the one that shows him off best), "The untouchables" (that one worked) or 1492 (but really changed).
I just really hope it isn't Matrix (he will not win with it - the judges might just go mad if he skates to it again) or LOTD (no need to explain why.)

Sarah of the official site simply said that it is Brian's ancient programme but aucine information, I do not think that she will say about it more because Brian had to ask to say nothing.
I remember that Laurent Depouilly declared that ilm would be possible take back an ancient programme and "revise" him.Il has quite a lot of speculations on it on the forum there.
Personally I do not hope for " Darude ", would surprise me that Brian takes back lord Of the Dance assimilated with his failure of Turin..
Matrix bah not (even if I really like Matrix but there fiou:p))

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Strategically an excellent choice. Imagine: Olympics at home, Chan's last 40 seconds, the dramatic simplistic world-famous music, the straightline step sequence, he is dazzling down the ice, one fast spin to the last crescendo, the Canadian audience already on their feet, he sinks to his knees, kisses the ice, the roof is flying off... That's an 85 to 90 on PCS.

:rofl:

The Canadian audience would be on its feet if he skated to "Mary Had a Little Lamb".

Unfortunately, it's unlikely that Chan will be the only man skating to "Phantom". The judges may be weary of that piece by the time he is up.

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
First Tango de Roxanne, and now The Phantom of the Opera.
Why couldn't he stick to Lambiel's repertoir?

evangeline

Record Breaker
Unfortunately, it's unlikely that Chan will be the only man skating to "Phantom". The judges may be weary of that piece by the time he is up.

I wish! If that was the case, Carmen, Tosca and all those warhorses would've been blacklisted by the judges a long time ago.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Yeah, but every US-American man who entered the Olympics as the reigning World Champion, also snatched the Olympic crown.

Interesting... I didn't know that... so I wonder if that evens it out for Evan and it's really just up to him, not superstition? ;)

seniorita

Record Breaker
Why couldn't he stick to Lambiel's repertoir?

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
phantom works the crowd though...too much of a drama..at least he keeps his tango sp.

Plushy tango.. I saw it in a show and works completely different live, much better. Nevertheless I think (hope) this tango was for his shows -had no construction for a competitive program- and I believe(hope) he will have a completely different one choreographed by Melisa and Dennis, my biggest problem is the music and I think (hope) future tango should not be composed by Marton.
To be honest i want him to ditch any tango, i had too many tangos this season, like it was compulsary dance.
I m excited about Pianist, if he chose bravura music people would say "he s all the same", now that he hasnt...
well, it worths the try, it is something new of him:clap:

If it's not a coincidene that Evgeni looks like Adrien, then what is it that makes him look like Adrien?

LOL, i thought the exact same..and i find no resemblance anyway

Last edited by a moderator:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker

I loved "all for you" but after being called out on the "lyrics" i doubt he would want to risk skating to that again. I think that even he has to realize that there is a limit to how many times you can skate to the Matrix.

Maybe he will use something he has done in exhibition sometime...or maybe do an entire freeskate to "requiem for a dream" which is a beautiful and powerful piece I thought suited him very well.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Maybe he will use something he has done in exhibition sometime...or maybe do an entire freeskate to "requiem for a dream" which is a beautiful and powerful piece I thought suited him very well.
That's what I thought when I read the "not unknown to his fans" report. Who knows. It could be All for You with no vocals.

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
Personally I do not hope for " Darude ", would surprise me that Brian takes back lord Of the Dance assimilated with his failure of Turin..
Matrix bah not (even if I really like Matrix but there fiou:p))

I doubt he'll use darude. a) It's great for a sp but not a lp b) he's already using rise for his sp

Good though!

Maybe we should create a "what music do you think Brian will skate to next season" poll and see who's roght!:laugh:

According to a recent article, Del/Schoes are working on a cancan for their OD.

:rock: That will be great! For this team, the Frenchier they go, the better their programs. :yes:

By the way, what exaclty is the man's part in a cancan?

Wicked

Final Flight
I would love to see Brian convert one of his exhibition programs to a LP. I enjoy his ex skates so much more than his competitive programs.