2009/2010 Programs | Page 26 | Golden Skate

2009/2010 Programs

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I agree that Andreev's SP music could've been better (it seems a bit... slow? somewhat plain, maybe?), but I think it's OK. You can blame Buttle for that; he was the one who selected the song. He felt the piece showcased his friend's natural good-looks and sexiness. :p
Are you implying that there exists a piece of music that would make it appear otherwise? :laugh:

There is indeed a lot of potential there! I hope we'll get to see detailed results for the competition soon---I'm very curious what the judges gave Fedor in terms of PCS. His LP score at Skate Detroit was higher than Chan's at Liberty, and I wonder how much of a disadvantage Andreev is on the 2nd mark compared to Chan.
I think he'll probably not get the PCS he deserves next season. This sucks, because Fedor is quite musical and graceful and I've really enjoyed what I've seen from him so far (and thanks, siberia, for drawing my attention to him!). But it seems unlikely that a skater representing Azerbaijan, who hasn't skated internationally in six years, will do too well in that regard - as we all know, PCS is repuation-based to some degree (as witnessed by Denis Ten's marks at Worlds).

Still, if Fedor skates like he did in Detroit, he shouldn't have a problem qualifying for the Olympics. Considering Canada only has two men's slots for Vancouver and one is obviously taken barring injury, it looks to me like he made the right call.

Whatever happens, I think this won't hurt Jeff's reputation as a choreographer at all ;).

Fedor is GOOD, the Program is GOOD, and together it will all get BETTER! What's the RUSH? Olys are in February 2010,

Why do some posters after seeing the latest comp of a non favorite believe that tells everything about a skater? Those same posters don't seem to see it in their favorites if there appears some faults so early in the season.

THAT.... Was absolutely amazing. I'm still shivering. Fantastic! Unusual music to skate to as well. Hoping she uses it as her EX the upcoming season. She does a wonderful interpretation of the music.
Miki packed in a lot of drama with that performance. If used in competition, she should get high marks on interpretation.

That's what I was thinking. Her competitive programs are nowhere near as good.
Not easy to get too involved in the music when the points are atstake., and there are so many parts to the PCscores that any kind of interpretation scores can be negated or enhanced by the other 4 breakdowns of the PCs.

LeCygne

Final Flight
Not easy to get too involved in the music when the points are atstake., and there are so many parts to the PCscores that any kind of interpretation scores can be negated or enhanced by the other 4 breakdowns of the PCs.

I know. It was nothing against Miki, that's true of a lot of ladies. Even some of my favorites.

SusieH

On the Ice
takahiko kozuka's free
violin concert by hotei tomoyasu and michel kamen

http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/090726/spm0907260501001-n1.htm

Thank you for the information. I heard about this musician's name before, but had not idea he has a violin concerto out there. Could anyone point me to a clip? I didn't have any luck searching at youtube.

BTW, I remember last year before his temporary leave Dai announced his long will be George Winston's "ocean waves." Will he stick to the original plan? Has he made any announcement yet?

ETA: Never mind. I saw it in the other thread :) His long will be "Theme from La Strada" (Rota)

Last edited:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Miki packed in a lot of drama with that performance. If used in competition, she should get high marks on interpretation.

I don't think she could use it in competition. the operatic part would be downgraded for having "lyrics." such a pity. She could win the olympics with that!

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
I know. It was nothing against Miki, that's true of a lot of ladies. Even some of my favorites.

Probably true, but I've gotta say, Ando's exhibition performances actually make me warm to her as a skater, and much more dramatically than any other skater. It's startling.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Are you implying that there exists a piece of music that would make it appear otherwise? :laugh:

:rofl: Well, you'd have to ask Jeff that question. ;)

I think he'll probably not get the PCS he deserves next season. This sucks, because Fedor is quite musical and graceful and I've really enjoyed what I've seen from him so far (and thanks, siberia, for drawing my attention to him!). But it seems unlikely that a skater representing Azerbaijan, who hasn't skated internationally in six years, will do too well in that regard - as we all know, PCS is repuation-based to some degree (as witnessed by Denis Ten's marks at Worlds).

Yeah, I expected as much. *sighs* I was just curious to what extent Andreev's PCS is undermarked and if his Skate Detroit PCS scores were similar to the numbers he had received at Canadian competitions in the past two seasons.

Still, if Fedor skates like he did in Detroit, he shouldn't have a problem qualifying for the Olympics. Considering Canada only has two men's slots for Vancouver and one is obviously taken barring injury, it looks to me like he made the right call.

ITA. Lambiel is pratically guaranteed 1 of the 6 Nebelhorn spots, but 5 available berths is still a LOT better than one. You've got to feel sorry for the other Canadian guys who aren't named Patrick Chan; they have a really tough fight ahead of them.

Whatever happens, I think this won't hurt Jeff's reputation as a choreographer at all ;).

Some FSUers joked at this year's Canadian Championships that Fedor was a very handsome and convincing ad for Buttle's choreography services. :biggrin: :agree:

Last edited:

i love to skate

Medalist
ITA. Lambiel is pratically guaranteed 1 of the 6 Nebelhorn spots, but 5 available berths is still a LOT better than one. You've got to feel sorry for the other Canadian guys who aren't named Patrick Chan; they have a really tough fight ahead of them.

I don't feel sorry for the Canadian men at all. It is going to be a great battle at Canadians to see who can pick up the second spot. The competitions know they are going to have skate lights out to earn the chance to represent their country. That is what true competition is all about. I bet all of the top Canadian men are eagerly awaiting the season.

yangjie

On the Ice
Thank you for the information. I heard about this musician's name before, but had not idea he has a violin concerto out there. Could anyone point me to a clip? I didn't have any luck searching at youtube.

BTW, I remember last year before his temporary leave Dai announced his long will be George Winston's "ocean waves." Will he stick to the original plan? Has he made any announcement yet?

ETA: Never mind. I saw it in the other thread :) His long will be "Theme from La Strada" (Rota)

sorry i made a mistake, its GUITAR conderto ,not vilolin

SusieH

On the Ice
sorry i made a mistake, its GUITAR conderto ,not vilolin

Thanks for the clarification. That makes sense now. I was very surprised to hear that musician has anything to do with violin. BTW, I like a few of his songs quite a lot.

It seems Takahiko Kozuka is going for a more modern style this season :)

ETA: I found a clip at youtube

Last edited: