2009/2010 Programs | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2009/2010 Programs

bottlestreet

Rinkside
Does anybody have any news on Alban Préaubert?

All I have heard (re: Passion Patinage) is that he will be doing two new programmes, but does anybody know what they are?

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Great music Jeremy! He will definitely shine with these musical choices.

Hikaru

Final Flight
I like Olympic games cause all the different cuts of Carmen appear in Olympic Year!:biggrin:
This piece of music works somehow for everybody!

why of course this music seems to work with everyone! The audience already knows where to clap and cheer, so even if the performance is so-so, the music will carry the skater out, given the good music cuts.

Mamouchka

Rinkside
Does anybody have any news on Alban Préaubert?

All I have heard (re: Passion Patinage) is that he will be doing two new programmes, but does anybody know what they are?

Alban was to see Romain Haguenauer for his two new programmes but anything "leaked out".

why of course this music seems to work with everyone! The audience already knows where to clap and cheer, so even if the performance is so-so, the music will carry the skater out, given the good music cuts.

What I don't understand is why all skaters, coaches, and choreographers don't know that. The music sells the program.

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
I am quite sure Carmen will come too. Then we have Phantom of the Opera, West Side Story, Shehezerade...

Brrr, please let someone have really good ideas.

Scheherezade just got snapped up!

http://sports.sohu.com/20090619/n264637959.shtml

According to this article, the Zhangs will be skating to Scheherezade for their Free Program. They are in Detroit working on the choreography. The article didn't say who the choreographer is.

It also mentions that the Zhangs' short program will be a broadway piece and was choreographed by David Wilson.

Personally, I don't think Scheherezade is the best choice for them, but I do like seeing that piece of music used in pairs. Totmianina and Marinin as well as Castile and Okolski had really good Scheherezade programs.

But it is not in the same league as Salome which I believe would be a stretch for the young ladies. I don't even think the young skaters would know what to make of it, nor most of the audience.

Best they stick to the easy rhythms of Carmen.

evangeline

Record Breaker
Mao's new LP music is Rachmaninov!:clap:

!!!!!

Source? And which composition by Rachmaninoff? I sort of hope it's not Piano Concerto No. 2--although I think Mao can do a lovely job with it, it's been done by quite a few skaters. But since it's a beautiful piece of music, I don't think I mind THAT much.....

Hmmm.....Scherezade snapped up (zhangs), Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto No. 2 maybe gone (maybe Mao), Carmen is taken (Dube/Davison)....well, Turandot is still left.

beep_beep

Medalist
!!!!!

Source? And which composition by Rachmaninoff? I sort of hope it's not Piano Concerto No. 2--although I think Mao can do a lovely job with it, it's been done by quite a few skaters. But since it's a beautiful piece of music, I don't think I mind THAT much.....

Hmmm.....Scherezade snapped up (zhangs), Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto No. 2 maybe gone (maybe Mao), Carmen is taken (Dube/Davison)....well, Turandot is still left.

Are you f******* kidding me ??? Oh, geez. :banging:

Don't get me wrong, I love the music. I'm just tired of seeing people skating to it (but if someone brings it, I guess I won't mind, but still...)

You forgot Bolero, Swan Lake and Tosca on your list...
:unsure: But it seems to be a matter of time before someone snatches those too :banging:

LeCygne

Final Flight

http://www.chunichi.co.jp/chuspo/article/sports/news/CK2009062502000123.html

According to this article and Babelfish translation, Mao's new LP will be the Rachmaninoff Piano Concerto #2. I'd say skaters are purposely choosing well-known music for the Olympic season to try to relate to the audiences more. I love this piece, and I think Mao could do a great job with it.

Final Flight
I thought the SP was an interesting choice - didn't Ryan Bradley (who trains with the same coach) use the same music (Cherry Pink, Mambo Jambo, etc.) for his LP?

yes, but we'll see....a different take on it seeing that bradley and mroz are...quite different.

yukster

Spectator
http://www.chunichi.co.jp/chuspo/article/sports/news/CK2009062502000123.html

According to this article and Babelfish translation, Mao's new LP will be the Rachmaninoff Piano Concerto #2. I'd say skaters are purposely choosing well-known music for the Olympic season to try to relate to the audiences more. I love this piece, and I think Mao could do a great job with it.

I'm not sure, but according to the article, it seems like her LP will NOT be Piano Concerto #2 :confused:
The article mentions Piano Concerto #2 as a signature piece for Rakhmaninov, which was also recently used by the blind pianist Nobuyuki Tsujii, Cliburn Competition 2009 Winner.
The article says Rakh pieces have been used by many skaters including Daisuke, Suguri, and Ito but it seems that Mao has chosen a completely different piece from the one these skaters had done. ( And Daisuke and Suguri have skated to Piano Concerto #2 )

Well, it's not like Chu-spo ( Chunichi Sports ) is the most prestigious newspaper in Japan ;) and the article was filled with "seems" and "looks like", so I'm not so sure if this is true, but whatever pieces she chooses, I'm sooooo looking forward to Mao's new programs!!!! :rock:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Mao's new LP music is Rachmaninov!:clap:

:love::love::love:

I love this. Piano Concerto #2 would be the best, but really anything will make my day.

Mroz...I will have to see the programs before I make any judgements.