Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009/2010 Programs

Tripping on the Podium
    Hi all!

Tuğba Karademir ( TURKEY ) has announched her music choices

Her short program is Turkish cultural music. It will be choreographed by Kurt Browning.

Her long program is Tango de los Exilados. It will be choreographed by Romain Haguenauer.

These are very nice choices! I am so happy for her.

And now, music news for skaters who are not French!

According to Galit Chait, the Zaretskis' OD will be Hava Nagila; no news re the free dance yet. Can't say I'm too enthusiastic about this choice, but maybe the FD will be more to my liking. Also, at least it's not Kalinka or Dark Eyes.

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    And now, music news for skaters who are not French!

According to Galit Chait, the Zaretskis' OD will be Hava Nagila; no news re the free dance yet. Can't say I'm too enthusiastic about this choice, but maybe the FD will be more to my liking. Also, at least it's not Kalinka or Dark Eyes.
    Somehow I am not surprised by this choice!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sillylionlove View Post
    Somehow I am not surprised by this choice!!!
    Well, of course being Jewish they'd consider it... but I just get the feeling Galit is trying to remake them into version 2.0 of herself and Sergei, and I don't feel it suits their style or plays to their strengths. I'd rather have seen something more Israeli from them - there's more to Israeli and Jewish folk dancing than Hava Nagila.

Well, of course being Jewish they'd consider it... but I just get the feeling Galit is trying to remake them into version 2.0 of herself and Sergei, and I don't feel it suits their style or plays to their strengths. I'd rather have seen something more Israeli from them - there's more to Israeli and Jewish folk dancing than Hava Nagila.
    I agree. But I think that if Hava Nagila is really well done i.e: it's great fun, then it could be a real hit.

Custom Title
    I'm actually really looking forward to this because it brings to mind Sarah Abitbol & Stephane Bernadis magnificent 1996 FS to selections from Schindler's List & Hava Nagila! That's my all-time favorite Hava Nagila dance mix ~ Sarah had a ball at the end of the program ~ and the audience was clapping & having a wonderful time right along with her & Stephane.

Lol, as soon as I read this thread I searched my old tapes & found it. It brought back all those wonderful memories of their skating. They were & still are one of my all-time favorite pairs team.

EDITED TO ADD: just now noticed that they have this on www.youtube.com, located here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkPBnzflekI Enjoy!
    Last edited by Nadine; 05-21-2009 at 05:04 PM. Reason: added link

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I'd have loved them to do a Klezmer OD

What other choices would you have suggested for them other than Hava Nagila?

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    What other choices would you have suggested for them other than Hava Nagila?
    Israel has a lot of folk dances inspired by the different musical traditions of people who came to the country. Maybe someone else can help out with clips and specifics, I couldn't find good quality examples on Youtube. Just about any of it would be more ineresting to me than Hava Nagila; it's such a predictable choice - they've lived in Israel most of their lives, surely they could come up with something more unique? Maybe something with a Yemenite musical influence?

On the other hand, they did a Middle Eastern OD in 2008 so I can understand wanting something else.

Custom Title
    I don't know if it had been mentioned yet, but Evgeny Plushenko has chosen his music:

Short: Theme from The Pianist
    Free: Tango

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

Should be interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Klezmer
    Link to music or dance?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingbc View Post
    I don't know if it had been mentioned yet, but Evgeny Plushenko has chosen his music:

Short: Theme from The Pianist
    Free: Tango

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

Should be interesting...
    Thank you, skatingbc, for posting about this, as I just now came from IN & read about it there.

Since reading about it, I found some of my favorite scenes from this magnificent movie over on youtube & can't decide between the following:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCaOcqp3uQg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChtL5yUuSVY

I don't think it's a coincidence that Evgeni just happens to look like Adrien Brody & now will be skating to "The Pianist".

It's all GREAT! I can't wait to consult my very good friend, whom is a classically trained pianist, and get his opinion, as he has several performances of his own up on youtube as well.

Now the Tango, I wonder what Evgeni will do...

Quote: Nadine
    I don't think it's a coincidence that Evgeni just happens to look like Adrien Brody & now will be skating to "The Pianist".
    [/QUOTE]

Is it true Plushy will skate his gala piece to a medley of standards by Jimmy Durante
    What is next, "The Battle of The Noses"
    Do we have a worthy opponent for Plushy? Maybe Evan?
    Sorry, have been thinking too much about the "Carmens" and the "Brians".
    Last edited by janetfan; 05-22-2009 at 05:56 PM.

Rinkside
    Kimmie Meissner is keeping her short program (Un Ange Passe), but apparently it's "new and improved". She's using Romeo and Juliet for her long program.

Btw, this is my first post- I'm a long-time lurker but I'm going to correct that for this upcoming season.

Quote Originally Posted by bellarina View Post
    Btw, this is my first post- I'm a long-time lurker but I'm going to correct that for this upcoming season.
    Post often, post long!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bellarina View Post
    Kimmie Meissner is keeping her short program (Un Ange Passe), but apparently it's "new and improved". She's using Romeo and Juliet for her long program.

R&J - do you know if it's Prokofiev (as in Anissina/Peizerat) or Tchaikovsky (as in Gordeeva/Grinkov or Nikodinov)?

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast