Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009/2010 Programs

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Is it true Plushy will skate his gala piece to a medley of standards by Jimmy Durante .
    Starting with I Live Over the Wiaduck down by the Winager Works?

Will he end with Good Night Mrs. Calabash Whereever you are?

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingbc View Post
    I don't know if it had been mentioned yet, but Evgeny Plushenko has chosen his music:

Short: Theme from The Pianist
    Free: Tango

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

Should be interesting...
    These seem like good choices. I love chopin, so by default, the Pianist. He has done a lot of Tangos in shows since 2006 so he must be very comfortable with it by now.

Proud Sarah Hughes Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by hrmsk8ngnutt View Post
    R&J - do you know if it's Prokofiev (as in Anissina/Peizerat) or Tchaikovsky (as in Gordeeva/Grinkov or Nikodinov)?
    It's unconfirmed, but I heard she's using Rota's version.

Custom Title
    I've watched several of Evgeni's performancs over on youtube since he announced his official comeback, but I have to be honest and say that I do not enjoy his Tango performances. JMHO.

OTOH, my favorite program/performance of Evgeni's has to be his 2006 Olympic SP to "Tosca". That was a masterpiece ~ no extraneous arm movements ~ rather an economy of movement. All of which showed off his power & fluidity, whether it be moving across the ice with a few strokes, becoming a blur in his spins centered on a dime, or the flow coming out of his jumps.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by HCOSurfer View Post
    It's unconfirmed, but I heard she's using Rota's version.
    Wow - I'm interested to see how Kimmie will do, but I think of Rota's R&J as belonging to Sasha.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    I've watched several of Evgeni's performancs over on youtube since he announced his official comeback, but I have to be honest and say that I do not enjoy his Tango performances. JMHO.
    I would have to agree. I hope he'll change his choreography for a competitive tango program, because I was definitely not impressed by his bum-waggling.

What I read regarding Patrick Chan's programs a few weeks ago was incorrect: according to an interview with the Toronto Sun, he is keeping his SP, while his LP will be The Phantom of the Opera. Much better choice of music, even if not that original.

The interview is kind of interesting.
    Last edited by Buttercup; 05-24-2009 at 06:40 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    What I read regarding Patrick Chan's programs a few weeks ago was incorrect: according to an interview with the Toronto Sun, he is keeping his SP, while his LP will be The Phantom of the Opera.
    Oh please no!

Custom Title
    According to Galit Chait, the Zaretskis' OD will be Hava Nagila;
    Thanks for the news! I LOVE the Zaretskies, and I wish them all the best. But to say I'm a fan of Hava Nagila will be a huge understatement - in any adaptation (Especially, a hasidic klezmer).
    I would rather they'd go for something similar to the oriental 'Shick, Shack, Shock' OD. Oriental music is much more popular in Israel then hasidc/Jewish themes.
    But, hey, I'll root for them no matter what

Custom Title
    One more thing:
    Plushenko. Tango.
    I'll be happy to see him compete again. And I'll be glad Brian will be granted his "more quads" wish.
    But, tango ... :frown2:

What I read regarding Patrick Chan's programs a few weeks ago was incorrect: according to an interview with the Toronto Sun, he is keeping his SP, while his LP will be The Phantom of the Opera. Much better choice of music, even if not that original.
    Strategically an excellent choice. Imagine: Olympics at home, Chan's last 40 seconds, the dramatic simplistic world-famous music, the straightline step sequence, he is dazzling down the ice, one fast spin to the last crescendo, the Canadian audience already on their feet, he sinks to his knees, kisses the ice, the roof is flying off... That's an 85 to 90 on PCS.

Another plus: there is not a difficult rhythm in the music, not a clear beat - that means he can really dazzle without having to relate too much to the music, the music speaks for itself. Much less difficult than with his free program last season.

Plushenko. Tango.
    Do you here me cringing at that thought? Plushenko has no Tango feeling. Nothing. Nada. Nichts. Rien. He just choses some music he can do his thing to, jump big, flail a bit, move his blades quickly.

I am deeply disappointed with the music choices so far. I will have to put my faith in Abbott, perhaps in Taka and Dai.

Lysacek will do like Chan: find something he can dazzle the audience to without relating to the music. But I am not even cross with him because of that, in constrast to Chan, he has no musicality and simply can't do anything else.

Weir will probably have other pieces of music, that sound like I could have composed them on the computer.

Joubert won't use his very basic, but existing, musicality. No, once again he will try to find something to prove to the World that he is the manliest man out there.

Last edited by Medusa; 05-24-2009 at 09:21 AM.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar

The interview is kind of interesting.
    I like Phantom as a rule, athough I have seen some awful skates to it. I think Patrick will to it justice, although I kind of wish he would get a new SP too. I don't think it warrants keeping.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    BTW, after this thread gets a little longer, I will be doing a cliff notes version again.

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Strategically an excellent choice. Imagine: Olympics at home, Chan's last 40 seconds, the dramatic simplistic world-famous music, the straightline step sequence, he is dazzling down the ice, one fast spin to the last crescendo, the Canadian audience already on their feet, he sinks to his knees, kisses the ice, the roof is flying off... That's an 85 to 90 on PCS.
    Last time Canada hosted, the hometown hero/favorite didn't win even though he skated brilliantly...

Lysacek will do like Chan: find something he can dazzle the audience to without relating to the music. But I am not even cross with him because of that, in constrast to Chan, he has no musicality and simply can't do anything else.
    Well if he skates lights out like he did at Worlds then it will be interesting (depending on where the others fall in line)... will Canada beat the US this time around in their home country? - though if tradition/superstition holds, Lysacek might as well stay home the reigning world champ hasn't won the olypics since Scotty Hamilton in 1984!

Joubert won't use his very basic, but existing, musicality. No, once again he will try to find something to prove to the World that he is the manliest man out there.
    How many Matrix movies were made, and how many soundtracks has he used so far... my money's on that :sheesh:

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    Well if he skates lights out like he did at Worlds then it will be interesting (depending on where the others fall in line)... will Canada beat the US this time around in their home country? - though if tradition/superstition holds, Lysacek might as well stay home the reigning world champ hasn't won the olypics since Scotty Hamilton in 1984!
    Yeah, but every US-American man who entered the Olympics as the reigning World Champion, also snatched the Olympic crown.

Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast