2009/2010 Programs | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2009/2010 Programs

Buttercup

Record Breaker
So what his LP will be?Dont keep us in the dark:cool:
He will keep also his costume sp, or only the program?:biggrin:
Not tarasova is only good for him.
I was waiting to see if what I'd read re choreography was official or just rumors. It appears to be official, so: Albena and Maxim.

No, seriously! But I didn't see it coming either. I do think trying to work with ice dancers might be a good idea for him, and hope it turns out well.

As for music, costumes etc., I've no idea. I'm hoping he uses his Rise the EX costume instead of the Rise the SP costume.

Okami

On the Ice
Nobunari Oda updated his blog yesterday and posted a short info about his new EX:

This time during my training we created a new EX program! This season for my EX I will skate a comical number! The choreography is really challenging, can I really do it? I'm worried like that~ But from now on I'll do my best to express a positive attitude!

Next time we will meet at Kansai University Ice Show (Ice Koushien)!

Skating a new program might be difficult, but I'll do my best to improve my condition to skate a program that will be enjoyable for everyone!

Bye! (Until I update my blog next time.)

~Nobunari

Original post: http://www.kansai-u.ac.jp/sports/message/oda/2009/05/post_14.html
Full translation: http://maoasada.logu2.com/other-ska...unari-s-blog-was-updated-new-ex-news-t408.htm

Sorry if I made any mistakes, I was in a rush!

Medusa

Record Breaker
About Brian, it is quite a risk to have two ice-dancers do your choreography for the Olympic season, especially if they haven't done that before. Why do I get the feeling that people like Joubert and Weir are sometimes too headstrong for their own good? I mean, both keep making strange program and choreography choices.

I read on Passion Patinage that Amodio's choreographers are Stanick Jeannette - and Stéphane Lambiel! :love: Those programs better be absolutely voidy. Amodio will also work with Dough Leigh (my guess is that they'll work on the Quad) and Alexandr Zhulin (maybe on stroking and edging).

jennylovskt

Medalist
I was waiting to see if what I'd read re choreography was official or just rumors. It appears to be official, so: Albena and Maxim.

No, seriously! But I didn't see it coming either. I do think trying to work with ice dancers might be a good idea for him, and hope it turns out well.

I am a little worried, first time in my life that I cared this much about him.:laugh:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
About Brian, it is quite a risk to have two ice-dancers do your choreography for the Olympic season, especially if they haven't done that before. Why do I get the feeling that people like Joubert and Weir are sometimes too headstrong for their own good? I mean, both keep making strange program and choreography choices.
I think Maxim must have done some choreo while working with Zhulin's skaters, though probably only for ice dancers. Brian's right that if they want to get into choreo, Albena and Maxim will probably try to put together something really special. On the other hand, it can also end up being a very bad idea. We'll have to wait for the Masters in September. I'm all for skaters looking beyond the obvious choices for choreo, which brings us to...
I read on Passion Patinage that Amodio's choreographers are Stanick Jeannette - and Stéphane Lambiel! :love: Those programs better be absolutely voidy.
I read that, too, but it seemed too voidy-good to be true. Is it confirmed?

Florent is apperently not going to TEB - I read somewhere that the host picks are the usual suspects, except this year Nathalie and Fabian get to go on account of DelSchoes being out until later in the season.

jennylovskt

Medalist
I think Maxim must have done some choreo while working with Zhulin's skaters, though probably only for ice dancers. Brian's right that if they want to get into choreo, Albena and Maxim will probably try to put together something really special. On the other hand, it can also end up being a very bad idea. We'll have to wait for the Masters in September. I'm all for skaters looking beyond the obvious choices for choreo, which brings us to....

It might turn out to be a beautiful, memorable, but complicate and difficult to perform program. The good thing is that Joubert has strong jumping abilities and he is very tough. If he could pull out this, he will be very good.:)

Wicked

Final Flight
I really like Amodio and can't wait to see him perform Stéphane's choreography.

Danale

On the Ice

Seriously? Oh, you answered that ...
What, they've been waiting for Maxim to get a "get out of prison free pass" before making it official?
For some reason, I never liked S/D much. Yet, I hope it turns out well for Brian, he needs a great LP choreography this year.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
What, they've been waiting for Maxim to get a "get out of prison free pass" before making it official?
For some reason, I never liked S/D much. Yet, I hope it turns out well for Brian, he needs a great LP choreography this year.
The ruling on Staviski's case was made on May 12 (as per the artcile quoted elsewhere on the forum). AFAIK, Joubert was supposed to go to TaT, and it didn't work out for whatever reason (her health? Money issues? Scheduling problems? Personality clashes?). Approaching Denkova/Staviski was supposedly Nathalie Depouilly's idea.

I wasn't much of a fan, either, but they did have soem interesting programs over the years so hopefully they might have some fun ideas for Brian.

Audrey19

On the Ice
OMG Brian is going to work with Denkova & Staviski?! That is hopefully going to be an awesome program! Can't wait what they'll come up with!
I was seriously hoping he would finally do something new and different and it looks like he's doing that now!
Go Brian! :clap:

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight

As for music, costumes etc., I've no idea. I'm hoping he uses his Rise the EX costume instead of the Rise the SP costume.

Wow! I actually think it's a good choice. They know how to balance power, passion and art, I really think that they're a good choice for Brian.

bottlestreet

Rinkside
Florent is apperently not going to TEB - I read somewhere that the host picks are the usual suspects, except this year Nathalie and Fabian get to go on account of DelSchoes being out until later in the season.

Have the GP picks been formally announced already? If not, when will they be?

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Have the GP picks been formally announced already? If not, when will they be?
I read somewhere - I'm blanking on where exactly - that FFSG has announced host picks. Obviously that's only the French skaters expected at TEB, nothing more. We should have the complete GP assignements in a few days. I'm not sure how crzay the Russian fed is about bringing Brian in this time. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at one of the Asian events.

Mamouchka

Rinkside
The organizers of COR are not hot to see Brian competing with Plushenko at this moment there.
I do not think that Isabelle will be really delayed of her delivery to participate in TEB (6 weeks after a delivery)..

seniorita

Record Breaker
I wish they accept him, they must bring those two together to see what plushy can do or cannot do against him and fix/change something, euros it would be too late.
Besides I wanna see who Tarasova is going to cheer at this year COP:laugh:
I didnt know they can deny a skater who wants to participate..

npa

Match Penalty
The organizers of COR are not hot to see Brian competing with Plushenko at this moment there.
I do not think that Isabelle will be really delayed of her delivery to participate in TEB (6 weeks after a delivery)..

Brian is very popular in Russia. And if Plushenko will skate in Moscow, it could be greate duel and organizers can made more money

psycho

On the Ice
I hope Weir gets Cup of Russia. If he doesn't, so many people, him included will be very disappointed.

Come on, Piseev, pick Johnny! I am sure Plushy won't mind (and can you imagine the hilarity when Johnny beats him?!)