2009/2010 Programs | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2009/2010 Programs

Buttercup

Record Breaker
According to French press, Brian will skate to something "modern" but top secret.
Since the other rumor is that Joubert is skating to something that is "not unknown to his fans", I wonder if it's a different version of All For You, with nothing that can even be interpreted as lyrics. Because that would be really cool. He never did get it right as an SP, but it was beautiful. You were right earlier in this thread, we do need a poll! :biggrin:

Johnny Weir - as per the Ice Network article about him working with David Wilson: SP is something Spanish, inspired by the Feeling Good EX. LP concept is Fallen Angel, no word on the exact music.

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
Since the other rumor is that Joubert is skating to something that is "not unknown to his fans", I wonder if it's a different version of All For You, with nothing that can even be interpreted as lyrics. Because that would be really cool. He never did get it right as an SP, but it was beautiful. You were right earlier in this thread, we do need a poll! :biggrin:

I suspect and hope that it's All for you, but I have read on Brian's forum that some people suspect that it might be Daft Punk or Darude. I quite doubt it and hope it isn't. It would be ridiculous since he's keeping his Rise sp.

Maybe he might use remix of one of his old musics (although I can't see wich one).

Here's a list of some of his "modern" programs

Time: I don't see what would be the point in using that music as it wouldn't fit an LP and I can't see what more "he has to say" about it.

Matrix: Ok, it's a mythical program, but I really doubt, at least I hope, that he would use a music that would make the judges go mad because it'll give the impression that he knows only to skate to Matrix.
BMG: Why not? However, he did have trouble with it as a sp, so maybe he wouldn't want to risk using it again, even though it would be cool.

1492: I seriously doubt it. This program was such hassle for him the first time round that I don't think he'll use it again, even remixed and re-choreographed by D&S

James Bond: It's sp music not lp music.

Romeo & Juliet: Why, not as he's working with D&S who know how to choreograph that kind of music? However, I think that skating to R&J would just be more of the same, and would bring out all of Brian's qualities.

Requiem for a dream: The same remark as for R&J only I'd add that Requiem for a dream is pretty stressful music, not the kind of thing one wants for the Olys.

I didn't bother with all the other music because I'm 99.9% - 100% sure that Brian won't use them.

My bet goes to All for you.

Last edited:

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
I wish we had some informants in Poitiers who could sneak in and give us some practice reports of Brian :)

Well in Brian's fan forum there are one or two and this is what they say:
a) Brian's training is going well
b) He'll be skating to music that he's already skated to.
However, they refuse to give any more onformation.

beep_beep

Medalist

Did they say how many times has he skated to it? :biggrin:
If it's 3 or more we know...:biggrin:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Did they say how many times has he skated to it? :biggrin:
If it's 3 or more we know...:biggrin:
You know, he skated All for You only three times in international events (SC, Euros, Worlds). So if it's three times or less... ;)

I can't see him do another Matrix program, or half-Matrix program like in 2009.

gio

Medalist
Tonya did have some different choices sometimes:
ZZTop
People are Still Having Sex
Jurassic Park
Robin Hood, the movie

Just think about the music choices for ladies SPs in 1987

Witt - In the Mood (disco)
Trenary - Conga
Cadavy - Historia D'Un Amor / Another Cha Cha
Thomas - Relax (Frankie Goes To Hollywood)
Manley - don't remember

Mamouchka

Rinkside

:biggrin:
Sarah had to give her word to reveal nothing because Brian had to ask for it as usual!
Few articles were dedicated to the new choreographers, the secret of the free programme was kept.
Albéna and Maxim will return in August to Poitiers:)!

beep_beep

Medalist
You know, he skated All for You only three times in international events (SC, Euros, Worlds). So if it's three times or less... ;)

I meant 3 seasons or more...;) :p

I can't see him do another Matrix program, or half-Matrix program like in 2009.

I was thinking that too when he showed up with another matrix program last season...:cool:

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
:biggrin:
Sarah had to give her word to reveal nothing because Brian had to ask for it as usual!
Few articles were dedicated to the new choreographers, the secret of the free programme was kept.
Albéna and Maxim will return in August to Poitiers:)!

I'm surprised we actually know that much concerning Brian's program. He'll probably keep the suspense until the masters.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I was thinking that too when he showed up with another matrix program last season...:cool:
I didn't really get the big deal people made of that. He skated the original Matrix LP for one season (2003-4) and then for a single event in 2006 (Worlds). It's not like he was back to the Metallica program, which he did have for two seasons. Not to mention, the 2009 version was only half Matrix.

chloe

Rinkside
Do he keep SP same?That was very good.And why he do not try in LP a new completely new music and program?Maybe it is the last season of his.

Mamouchka

Rinkside
Chloé ,Brian keeps his court and for the free, it is very mitigated because some persons introduce in Poitiers but keep famous secret however say that Brian takes back an ancient but whom? a free programme altered in the sauce Denkova / Stavisky or a very new, or an ancient programme of gala but which? There is of a lot "or ",:biggrin:!!
We will know about it more in Masters, first national competition of the French skaters.

After Brian used Kurt as choreo, he came alive, and is quite capable of changing rhythms and styles. Brian has arrived and I still consider him the Front Runner for a win at the Olys. At least for now.

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
I just watched Brian's Exhibition from 2006 Nationals. Could he actually use "Armonia", maybe together with all for you? :think:

It's possible, I forgot to mention it. I doubt he'd use it on it's own, but your idea of him using it with All for you is quite a good one.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
but wasnt all for you his sp one season?
It was Joubert's SP in 2007-8 (here's the Skate Canada performance). But because he got sick during the GP season, he only performed it three times internationally, and it's lovely music. So one theory is that an expanded All For You, on its own or mixed with something else, might be his LP next season - because the hints we've had are something he'd used before and something modern. He'd have to rework the vocal parts so that nobody can hit him with a music deduction like at 2008 Worlds.

Morning Glory

On the Ice
Akiko Suzuki's new programs:

SP--Andalucia (from River Dance)
FP--West Side Story (Leonard Bernstein)

Akiko's official website (Japanese only)
http://akiko-suzuki.com/history.html

Also I heard the choreographer for SP is Kenji Miyamoto and for LP is Shae-Lynn Bourne. But this information is from a Japanese board, so I'm not sure this is true.

Very nice she can get two GP events:). Though the road to Vancouver is very hard for her, I do wish her best.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Though the road to Vancouver is very hard for her, I do wish her best.
I actually think that she has a fair chance. Her musicality is outstanding, superior to any lady out there right now, including Kim. She has got rhythm, beautiful expressive arm movements. Suguri seemed off performance-wise during the last season, though she landed her jumps. Nakano is known for URs and generally only attempts 5 Triples each program.

If other skaters chose West Side Story, I would probably groan - but the music suits Akiko perfectly and she will make it great.

Thanks for the info!