What music should Caroline Zhang skate to next season? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

What music should Caroline Zhang skate to next season?

feraina

Record Breaker
I just listened Secret Garden, Jennifer Robinson's selection. It's marvelous! I think Caroline can do really well with that one, too.

Has anyone else noticed how many people are proposing a waltz for Caroline? I agree that it suits her! ;)

feraina

Record Breaker
I forwarded Caroline everyone's suggestions. It was a very long list!

Let's see if Caroline picks any of our suggestions. Wouldn't it be awesome if she does? :)

It's almost like the lottery. :laugh: But, maybe she's already picked her music by now, though she can save the list for next season. I don't think she'll retire any time soon! (I hope not, anyway.)

Wrlmy

Medalist
I'm late to the party, but flamenco Kimmie skated to couple years ago would suit Caroline perfectly. The tempo is not too fast, but it would bring out the flair Caroline showed in Spanish Gypsy.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I really like the idea of Galacia Flamenca for Caroline. Her Spanish Gypsy program was not only the best for her IMO but also was very successful with it internationally.
Whatever Caroline chooses, she could do well with as long as she performs as she did later this season. If she starts skating slowly again with a frozen face no music choice is going to help her.
The Secret Garden Theme is very good too. I girl from my rink who skates a lot like Caroline does used that music.

ANW

On the Ice
:agree: this could be a good choice for SP. This piece also reminds me of Fanfan, which was used by Fumie this season.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nszv4R6mQsk

this music from a the korean movie (a tale of two sisters) seems pretty nice too. It has some fast and energetic paced parts for footwork! and might encourage her to skate faster while having some softer, slower and more gentle parts to balance it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMhIduhOMeQ&feature=related

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
this music from a the korean movie (a tale of two sisters) seems pretty nice too. It has some fast and energetic paced parts for footwork! and might encourage her to skate faster while having some softer, slower and more gentle parts to balance it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMhIduhOMeQ&feature=related

I wonder if Caroline would skate to this piece and follow the theme of the movie. I can't imagine her skating a program to a horror film!

Korean music for the movies and dramas are generally very good pieces. I think there are quite a pieces of Korean music which would suit Caroline. Didier skated to 'Winter Sonata' this season and I've always loved that piece of music.

toasty_swirlz

Rinkside
I wonder if Caroline would skate to this piece and follow the theme of the movie. I can't imagine her skating a program to a horror film!

yeah, i had the same concern, but regardless, i figured i'd just throw it out here and see. =) feraina, are you still passing music along or have you stopped?

Andalusia

Final Flight
I'm glad Caroline is home-schooled, so she'll have more time to go through all our selections. :p

Another suggestion is 'Spring Breeze': http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7RzEmoN4fs

Such a beautiful piece of music. Lulu's version can't possibly be bettered, but it has been 13 years since the program first debuted, and I can't think of anyone else who has used this music. I've heard Chen Lu is one of Caroline's idols, and the music ought to take Li Mingzhu down memory lane, too.

Kinda OT, but I still wish Lulu had beaten Kwan at this event (and she was perfect in both programs, too!). And what with the connections they have, it's unfortunate Caroline can't do a lutz like Lulu's.

Haha yeah, that's what I'm wondering too. We don't want to bombard Caroline because she has to make a decision pretty soon...

:laugh: BUT, one more suggestion ... Preludio Sinfonico by Puccini is very lovely as well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JYhnx3Jj6w

Wow, that Puccini piece is beautiful. Never heard of it before. I could totally see someone doing a great skate to it. Somehow it seems like a better fit for Ashley, or even Rachael, than Caroline though - it's too big for her, IMO. OTOH, it would be nice to find the right piece to stretch her, and her choreographer could always cut out the grandiose parts.

LeCygne

Final Flight
Wow, that Puccini piece is beautiful. Never heard of it before. I could totally see someone doing a great skate to it. Somehow it seems like a better fit for Ashley, or even Rachael, than Caroline though - it's too big for her, IMO. OTOH, it would be nice to find the right piece to stretch her, and her choreographer could always cut out the grandiose parts.

I'm glad you like it! Yeah, it is a bit of an obscure piece. We're playing it in my orchestra, and my "skating music" alarm went off as soon as I heard it. Haha I think you might be right, Rachael and Caroline's styles are becoming more and more similar. Hmm, I'm sure Rachael would take suggestions too on her website or her Facebook page...

feraina

Record Breaker
yeah, i had the same concern, but regardless, i figured i'd just throw it out here and see. =) feraina, are you still passing music along or have you stopped?

Yes, but now piecemeal. I don't know when she'll get fed up. ;)

I am listening to Joshua Bell's "Romance of the Violin." This whole album is phenomenal! I would love to see her skate to any of the music here, I think she would do a fabulous job. The music is so beautiful, it makes me want to... cry, or shout with joy, or something. :laugh:

ETA: Wasn't Alissa's "The Swan" the version from this album, too? Sure sounds like it.

Last edited:
Aside from Chris Botti's Trupet Album, I think Caroline should skate to music which wll be in her comfort zone and will also challenge the down on her anti fans.

feraina

Record Breaker
So, Caroline said she's skating to something fast in the SP, the name is something hard to pronounce and starts with "Z". So, a riddle for us fans until the official announcement. Anyone wants to guess? :)