Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Unusual crushes...

Unusual crushes...

Do you have crushes on people who usually are not considered usually attractive? My peers have told me I have a strange if not an awful taste in men... but I just see beauty as I see it...

Alan Cumming- he's just... amazing...

[url]http://i43.tinypic.com/8zo2ef.jpg[/url]

Filip Dewinter- this one is humiliating but I must confess he is sensually overload for this girl...

[url]http://i43.tinypic.com/m73w4m.jpg[/url]

Vincent Cassel- I cannot forumulate into words why... maybe some can understand...

[url]http://i42.tinypic.com/2ylwfw8.jpg[/url]

Gaspard Ulliel- leaves me absolutely breathless...

[url]http://i42.tinypic.com/2i1p5ic.jpg[/url]

Mads Mikkelsen- Oh my...

[url]http://i39.tinypic.com/28ilv9x.jpg[/url]

Ville Valo- his deep sexy voice, his beautifully contrasting light eyes, dark hair and smoking cigarettes as appalling as it I find, some individuals do make it look very sexy..

[url]http://i40.tinypic.com/1235b8n.jpg[/url]

Cillian Murphy- I guess either you find him sexy or you don't...

[url]http://i43.tinypic.com/v5xzpf.jpg[/url]

Perhaps... I shall end it here. I do not want to freak out a lot of people with my maybe awful taste in men. Beauty is a very subjective thing, do feel free to include skaters if you wish. This thread is yours too... so do I have a type here? My hormones are overactive at this time and I may not be typing as clear a message as I wish but if you find someone appealing that may not be universally considered attractive though choices such as Jude Law are perfectly welcome.

EDIT: 'Pretty boys' removed from thread since I felt them not in spirit...
    Last edited by Simone; 04-30-2009 at 12:09 AM. Reason: DO NOT POST COPYWRITTEN PHOTOS. JUST LINK THEM IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO SHARE THEM.

Shoe Diva
    MSNBC's Political Director & White House Coorrespondant CHUCK TODD!!! Love love love that guy... Its so bad that even my husband will call me to let me know he's on the telly...

In my next life baby - in my next. freaking. life.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwanford Wife View Post
    MSNBC's Political Director & White House Coorrespondant CHUCK TODD!!! Love love love that guy... Its so bad that even my husband will call me to let me know he's on the telly...

In my next life baby - in my next. freaking. life.
    I had to Google that one... I guess I would have to see him on TV as you do to see his appeal. He reminds me a lot of a not so favorite maths teacher I had some years ago.

Another...

Simon Cowell- He is so witty, so honest and so.... I wish I can audition on American Idol just so he'd critique my singing..

[URL]http://i42.tinypic.com/24bm98k.jpg[/URL]

Matt Savoie~Soul Skater CzarinaAnya's Avatar
    Cillian Murphy is beyond hot.

Quote Originally Posted by CzarinaAnya View Post
    Cillian Murphy is beyond hot.
    Most my friends say he is so ugly... but they do not know TRUE beauty.

Matt Savoie~Soul Skater CzarinaAnya's Avatar
    Are they blind? 0_o

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Simone View Post
    I had to Google that one... I guess I would have to see him on TV as you do to see his appeal. He reminds me a lot of a not so favorite maths teacher I had some years ago.

Another...

Simon Cowell- He is so witty, so honest and so.... I wish I can audition on American Idol just so he'd critique my singing..

[URL]http://i42.tinypic.com/24bm98k.jpg[/URL]
    I actually had that dream I was pleasantly insulted.
    My another unusual crush is Evan Lysacek. Not that he's unattractive by "normal" standard, just I'm not normally into lanky men.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrlmy View Post
    I actually had that dream I was pleasantly insulted.
    My another unusual crush is Evan Lysacek. Not that he's unattractive by "normal" standard, just I'm not normally into lanky men.
    I am glad I am not the only one with Simon then... I would try out but as an Austrian I don't think I can try on an American talent show though I live/study here..

Quote Originally Posted by CzarinaAnya View Post
    Are they blind? 0_o
    They must be legally blind... their ideals in men include Dolph Lundgren and Rutger Hauer.. these are Austrians my friends. I have no problem with the blue-eyed, blonde Nordic look but I prefer the less than universally considered as beautiful..

There was my angel...

Jörg Haider- When I learned the news of his death, a great part of my soul has gone... he was a hero to Austria... he was so beautiful to me...

[URL]http://i39.tinypic.com/c43yr.jpg[/URL]

I am glad I am not the only one with Simon then... I would try out but as an Austrian I don't think I can try on an American talent show though I live/study here..
    I'm not sure that being Austrian would preclude you from auditioning for the show. We've had people from all over the world audition on the UK version of the show. One lady flew all the way from Tokyo just because she was a huge fan. In fact a lady from Spain made the final 12 and made it about half way through this year. Her English was more or less faultless and she had an extremely good accent.

Ant

Custom Title
    practising Smetana's Macbeth and the Witches...

Jörg Haider- When I learned the news of his death, a great part of my soul has gone... he was a hero to Austria... he was so beautiful to me...

A hero to Austria? I know it's a shame to speak ill of dead people but some of his statements and actions were really xenophobic. Very controversial character IMO.

You are like totally kidding here, right? He was a faschist! That, to me, kills every charm or handsomeness he might have had. I also know quite a few Austrians who didn't really agree with the hero part, and not all of them were liberals like me. But, hey, freedom of opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by Alicja View Post
    A hero to Austria? I know it's a shame to speak ill of dead people but some of his statements and actions were really xenophobic. Very controversial character IMO.
    I know it would be controversial to bring him up, but he was a good man, a true Austrian... maybe it is stupid for me to mention him here but I gave him my vote in the last elections, and I met him a number of times.. he was really lovely.. too bad for those who only knew of him from publications and from the 'unbiased' press. He was a hero for many patriotic Austrians... especially if you ask those of the region of Carinthia where he governed until his death. He had 25,000 appear for his funeral... that's his legacy and his resonance... even those on the other side of the political coin paid their respects to him...

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    You are like totally kidding here, right? He was a faschist! That, to me, kills every charm or handsomeness he might have had. I also know quite a few Austrians who didn't really agree with the hero part, and not all of them were liberals like me. But, hey, freedom of opinion...
    Not kidding... at all. Why would I slander the name of the dead Mr. Haider? A Fascist? Maybe, if you consider Nationalism a Fascist standpoint? Oh no, he was actually more of a Right-wing populist and he spoke what on the minds of many Austrians though they may not speak of it... but his party Bündnis Zukunft Österreich... it's only life was him. Now we have the Freiheitliche Partei Österreichs he used to be the leader of, it should still survive with their very popular leader... but Haider's party (The BZÖ) will either merge with the FPÖ or just simply cease to be... I am a patriotic Austrian and I understand this may make some feel uncomfortable but that is the simple truth of it... I knew him personally unlike any of you here and he was one of the last of a dying breed. Perhaps I have compromised myself here but that is my honest opinion... agree with it or not... Heinz-Christian Strache is still alive at least... (those who are still alive) men like Andreas Mölzer, Peter Westenthaler, and yes Heinz-Christian Strache... these are the men that earn my votes... they speak for me so why not vote for them? Haider was a great advocate for traditional Germanic culture and undeniably he had great sense of style... why deny that? Charm he had in leagues and bounds...
    Last edited by Simone; 05-01-2009 at 12:31 PM.

Custom Title
    practising Smetana's Macbeth and the Witches...
    I know it would be controversial to bring him up, but he was a good man, a true Austrian... maybe it is stupid for me to mention him here but I gave him my vote in the last elections, and I met him a number of times.. he was really lovely.. too bad for those who only knew of him from publications and from the 'unbiased' press. He was a hero for many patriotic Austrians... especially if you ask those of the region of Carinthia where he governed until his death. He had 25,000 appear for his funeral... that's his legacy and his resonance... even those on the other side of the political coin paid their respects to him...

Yes, it was controversial to bring him up, just as it was with bringing up Filip Dewinter. I know we have such a thing that is called freedom of speech. I have never met him personally and, yes, I'm getting my information from what you call unbiased press although I don't believe there's such thing as unbiased press, even those that call themselves independent are influenced in one or the other way. Therefore I consider it very helpful to get information from different sources. He might have accomplished a lot, probably some good things among all what he did, but his xenophobic propaganda can't be denied. And I'll use my freedom of speech to harshly critisize this kind of behaviour and statements.

He had 25,000 appear for his funeral... that's his legacy and his resonance...
    Well, 25 000 out of the entire population of Austria. That's actually good news in my opinion. Some so-called celebreties had more people to their funerals.
    A Fascist? Maybe, if you consider Nationalism a Fascist standpoint? Oh no, he was actually more of a Right-wing populist
    Right-wing populist is bad enough. You speak of "Nationalism" and "Patriotism". I never considered those two the same, I always thought that a Patriot loves and is proud of her / his country, and that a Nationalist is someone, who only cares about his / her country with a very narrow-minded view of the World. I for example consider myself a Patriot, but I the most conservative I ever voted was for the social democrats and I still believe in the Unity of Europe.
    Haider was a great advocate for traditional Germanic culture
    That one you have to explain to me. What exactly is "traditional Germanic culture"? Because I went to a very German school in a very wealthy rural German region with lots of very German pupils and teachers, nothing multicultural whatsoever - and I have never heard of "traditional Germanic culture".

I don't even doubt that he could be charming, that he was a nice guy to talk to. My radical Christian relatives are also nice people, great to talk to. But their opinions, and that would have perhaps been the same case if I had known Haider, will always cast a huge shadow on everything they do, they say and they are - and on how I see them and their characters.

In Haider's case I am talking like an immense shadow:
    "Nicht die braune Brut ist die Gefahr, sondern das rote Gesindel." - [SIZE="1"]Der Standard, 5. Oktober 1990[/SIZE]
    "Jeder Buschneger hat in Zukunft die Möglichkeit, seine Kollegen in Österreich zu behandeln." [SIZE="1"]- über das neue Ärztegesetz, Der Standard, 13. Oktober 1998[/SIZE]
    "Nicht die Freiheitlichen sind die Schädlinge der Demokratie. Wir sind das Schädlingsbekämpfungsmittel. Bei uns regieren die Rothäute und die Schwarzen - und nicht wie üblich, dass sie in den Reservaten leben." [SIZE="1"]- Die Presse, 22. November 1989[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Alicja View Post
    Yes, it was controversial to bring him up, just as it was with bringing up Filip Dewinter. I know we have such a thing that is called freedom of speech. I have never met him personally and, yes, I'm getting my information from what you call unbiased press although I don't believe there's such thing as unbiased press, even those that call themselves independent are influenced in one or the other way. Therefore I consider it very helpful to get information from different sources. He might have accomplished a lot, probably some good things among all what he did, but his xenophobic propaganda can't be denied. And I'll use my freedom of speech to harshly critisize this kind of behaviour and statements.
    Sure, well Filip Dewinter is an undeniable fox. Are you Flemish? My boyfriend is Flemish, though his mother is French but that is a non-issue as she is from a Flemish family in France. He is a great supporter of Dewinter and his party. That's his right just as it is your right to criticize the likes of Dewinter and Haider as you see fit. I don't care, I like to debate. His ideas may be called 'xenophobic' but they are just in the interest of the indigenous people of his country. Just like Dewinter is a voice for the interests of the Flemish people and the end of the fake country called Belgium.

[URL="http://i40.tinypic.com/14uci6u.jpg"]http://i40.tinypic.com/14uci6u.jpg[/URL] How can Filip be considered ugly though? My boyfriend has a similar look and I enjoy every moment.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast