Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Unusual crushes...

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Well, 25 000 out of the entire population of Austria. That's actually good news in my opinion. Some so-called celebreties had more people to their funerals.

Right-wing populist is bad enough. You speak of "Nationalism" and "Patriotism". I never considered those two the same, I always thought that a Patriot loves and is proud of her / his country, and that a Nationalist is someone, who only cares about his / her country with a very narrow-minded view of the World. I for example consider myself a Patriot, but I the most conservative I ever voted was for the social democrats and I still believe in the Unity of Europe.

That one you have to explain to me. What exactly is "traditional Germanic culture"? Because I went to a very German school in a very wealthy rural German region with lots of very German pupils and teachers, nothing multicultural whatsoever - and I have never heard of "traditional Germanic culture".

I don't even doubt that he could be charming, that he was a nice guy to talk to. My radical Christian relatives are also nice people, great to talk to. But their opinions, and that would have perhaps been the same case if I had known Haider, will always cast a huge shadow on everything they do, they say and they are - and on how I see them and their characters.

In Haider's case I am talking like an immense shadow:
    Well, if I said I agreed with Haider for the most part would I be considered Anti-Democratic? You have every right to vote for which parties and which candidates you seem best to represent your views. That is Democracy, though I may have some less than positive views on Democracy as we know it as. I am just tired of being called a "Nazi" for my views. Strache has some Neo-Nazi supporters but I don't consider their senseless violence an answer to the problems Austrian society faces. I don't condone senseless violence against foreigners. There are humane ways to handle demographic issues.

I would prefer not to discuss such a potent subject in the open but since I had opened this thread and made my views public I bear the responsibility to "justify" my views. My idea of "traditional Germanic culture" is the preservation of Germanic cultures and values, exactly what it is. None of this 'multi-culti' bull-****, let's all hold hands and sing "Kombaya". It is not a natural phenomenon to have "anti-racism", "affirmative action" and "positive discrimination" laws. I support the abolition of those dangerous establishments.

I can understand your idea of Patriotism. I am both a Patriot and a Nationalist but I am not chauvinistic towards other cultures. I feel very close to Bavarian culture and by my boyfriend, Flemish culture which has elements of Dutch and French culture, yet it is it's own but the Flemish people have both Dutch and French names, just look at the names of some of the Vlaams Belang members; Frank Vanhecke (Dutch), Filip Dewinter (Dutch), Marie-Rose Morel (French). I also have some Eastern-European friends, who came from the former Yugoslavia to Austria. They are good people and I consider them Austrian. I just don't want Sharia law in my country or any Muslims in any governing positions. They are incompatible with our culture and we must remember our history with them. It's a government sponsored invasion this time however. I should know this as I see dead-beat Turks every day when I am in Austria. It's uncomfortable and alien for me, seeing women in veils. I don't want this to remain.

Concerning the Flemish, Dewinter has a great 70-point plan.
    Last edited by Simone; 05-01-2009 at 01:51 PM.

Custom Title
    practising Smetana's Macbeth and the Witches...
    Quote Originally Posted by Simone View Post
    Sure, well Filip Dewinter is an undeniable fox. Are you Flemish? My boyfriend is Flemish, though his mother is French but that is a non-issue as she is from a Flemish family in France. He is a great supporter of Dewinter and his party. That's his right just as it is your right to criticize the likes of Dewinter and Haider as you see fit. I don't care, I like to debate. His ideas may be called 'xenophobic' but they are just in the interest of the indigenous people of his country. Just like Dewinter is a voice for the interests of the Flemish people and the end of the fake country called Belgium.
    I couldn't care less about Dewinter's looks whether he's handsome or ugly, I don't care. I'm not Flemish and I'm not Austrian and I don't think it is of any importances where I'm from also my username makes it pretty obvious I guess. Why is that xenophobic propaganda necessary? I don't get this. In Austria just as in any other country there are immigrants who deliberately harm the society but there are just as many Austrians who do the same thing. It's not the multicultural society that causes the problems but the incapacity of some people to realize that immigrants are no invaders. Do you really think returning to such a concept as having a master race would help a modern-day society to cope with its problems? I believe it would make things even worse, and not only would it be ethically unjustifiable...

Quote Originally Posted by Alicja View Post
    I couldn't care less about Dewinter's looks whether he's handsome or ugly, I don't care. I'm not Flemish and I'm not Austrian and I don't think it is of any importances where I'm from also my username makes it pretty obvious I guess. Why is that xenophobic propaganda necessary? I don't get this. In Austria just as in any other country there are immigrant who deliberately harm the society but there are just as many Austrians who do the same thing. It's not the multicultural society that causes the problems but the incapacity of some people to realize that immigrants are no invaders. Do you really think returning to such a concept as having a master race would help to cope with its problems? I believe it would make things even worse, and not only would it be ethically unjustifiable...
    Depends... 'Xenophobic propoganda' may simply be the truth? I was just asking if you were Flemish, as I have the name Simone which isn't a very popular name for Austrian girls.. anyway, I don't care where you are really from. It's not necessarily a "Master race" issue, I am not sure if many are aware many Austrians have Slavic roots. In my own family I find Polish and Ukrainian ancestors, yet I am still Austrian am I not? I am not comfortable really discussing this issue but the Slavic influence is evident in the faces of a lot of Austrians, just look at Jrg Haider, he was so Germano-Slavic looking. Heinz-Christian Strache, his last-name comes from the Russian word "strah" which means fear. His Slavic roots are obvious.. Haider is also a common Turkish name.

I am uncomfortable with the number of Turks and not just them but Arabs, every kind in my country. Where my uncle lives, a city I often go to visit I watched it go from 95% Austrian to 20% Turkish with Turkish markets, mosques, everything! It is not what I want for the future of Austria! It makes me uncomfortable, thankfully my small town is still quite Austrian but I feel a loss of my identity with the amount of foreigners and I fear that the rate of immigration, and that many won't even learn German very insulting.. they were given the courtesy of living in our wonderful country yet they don't respect us and our culture and I would be called a ***** by some Turkish woman because I am not veiled! I won't put it on, it is alien to my culture and I have a nice figure and I like to show it off. Why should I be completely covered? It's not my idea of freedom.

Rinkside

Thumbs down

Jrg Haider- ... he was a hero to Austria...
    I normally only read and don't write here and don't want to write a long answer to all the posts that have become a politcal discussion (because I don't have the time right now to read them all thoroughly and answer them)...but I'm Austrian myself and just felt the need to write that he definitely wasn't a hero to Austria or all the Austrians... (reading some of the answers I'm aware that people here thankfully don't believe that anyways but it's hard to suddenly read all the right-winged fp/bz propaganda in an english skating forum and say (well write) nothing at all).

Quote Originally Posted by nale View Post
    I normally only read and don't write here and don't want to write a long answer to all the posts that have become a politcal discussion (because I don't have the time right now to read them all thoroughly and answer them)...but I'm Austrian myself and just felt the need to write that he definitely wasn't a hero to Austria or all the Austrians... (reading some of the answers I'm aware that people here thankfully don't believe that anyways but it's hard to suddenly read all the right-winged fp/bz propaganda in an english skating forum and say (well write) nothing at all).
    Hallo, Wie gehts? It is a pleasant surprise to see another person from Austria, yet it's disheartening to see you are against your own nation's past, it's present and it's future. I am going to give the FP my vote in the parliamentary elections in June... seeing I am returning to Austria in a couple-weeks... I hope that it is successful. It is the only solution for my beloved country. I refuse to have my future children go to school and be a minority (White-Austrians, however my future husband is Flemish) but the point is that they deserve a comfortable, secure future without any threats of Americanization and Islamification, I see both as equal threats to Austria's identity... The FP is THE answer. Minus Haider the BZ has no future though they have some great programs. Why are you against your country? I guess you are content with Austria having a Turkish president, Turkish signs on all our cities, your children learning Turkish? Pity....
    Last edited by Simone; 05-01-2009 at 10:13 PM.

Hallo, Wie gehts? It is a pleasant surprise to see another person from Austria, yet it's disheartening to see you are against your own nation's past, it's present and it's future. I am going to give the FP my vote in the parliamentary elections in June... seeing I am returning to Austria in a couple-weeks... I hope that it is successful. It is the only solution for my beloved country. I refuse to have my future children go to school and be a minority (White-Austrians, however my future husband is Flemish) but the point is that they deserve a comfortable, secure future without any threats of Americanization and Islamification, I see both as equal threats to Austria's identity... The FP is THE answer. Minus Haider the BZ has no future though they have some great programs. Why are you against your country? I guess you are content with Austria having a Turkish president, Turkish signs on all our cities, your children learning Turkish? Pity....

Moien.

Interesting discussion.

I believe Luxembourg is one of the countries in Europe that has the situation you describe happening at this moment. I believe, the native language - Luxembourgish- is now spoken by less than half of the population in the capital. I've been listening to RTL (er-te-raal) everyday and am amazed by the sheer volume of American music the station plays. I hear very popular luxembourgish songs (i.e. Firwaat) once in a blue moon. It's pretty sad.

Quote Originally Posted by fumie_fumie View Post
    Moien.

Interesting discussion.

I believe Luxembourg is one of the countries in Europe that has the situation you describe happening at this moment. I believe, the native language - Luxembourgish- is now spoken by less than half of the population in the capital. I've been listening to RTL (er-te-raal) everyday and am amazed by the sheer volume of American music the station plays. I hear very popular luxembourgish songs (i.e. Firwaat) once in a blue moon. It's pretty sad.
    Thanks for the post:

Yes, it is very sad, the disintegration of the language(s), the disintegration of the culture(s), the disintegration of the traditions(s) of nations to be replaced with a morally-blank, materialistic, shallow culture. I normally feel alienated by many of my peers in Austria, they are all "mainstream" and concerned with having new cellular-phones, newest fashions, to watch the latest "reality" television shows, as I am more old-fashioned, some call me a romantic... same can be echoed for my American peers as I study abroad here. However, they are not my concern (the Americans), my concern is firstly for Austria (and the Austrians). Our beautiful culture, our beautiful language, our beautiful traditions, our beautiful cities all face industrialization, massive influx of mosques, shopping-malls, all these things so alien to our culture... my country has changed more in fifty years after World War II than a millennia before it.. it's not a positive development... if I speak out against the EU tyranny, the 'open-borders' policy, I am called "narrow-minded". That I am surely not. While I believe it is important to learn and to respect about other cultures it is not good to sacrifice one's own culture on the altar of "multiculturalism" and "inclusiveness".

The EU is a vehicle for the abolishment of the homogeneity of European countries... it creates artificial 'demographic crises' to bring in a lot of extra-European immigrants and then pass these tyrannic "positive discrimination" laws which make it damn impossible for Europeans to elect governments in their own interests as opposed to the treasonous ones installed by the EU. The media for decades has been softening, has been pacifying the masses to lessen the likeliness of a revolt.. I am not for violent overthrow (think Bolshevik Revolution) however I believe we (Austrians) should take our nation back. Our mentally challenged president is sleeping with the sword of Allah and when she strikes... treason... the EU is Totalitarianism.. Stalin couldn't have dreamt this better.

I would not be surprised if there was one uniform language to be spoken in the EU in ten years, Arabic.
    Last edited by Simone; 05-01-2009 at 11:46 PM.

Matt Savoie~Soul Skater CzarinaAnya's Avatar
    Can we keep the politics to the political forum? I wanna perv over Cillian. lol

Quote Originally Posted by CzarinaAnya View Post
    Can we keep the politics to the political forum? I wanna perv over Cillian. lol
    Lol, I wanna too. I agree this thread has gone way off track.. I guess that is what I get for including rather controversial figures...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2