2009 - 2010 Team Envelopes | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2009 - 2010 Team Envelopes

Sylvia

Record Breaker
My personal opinion is that USFS won't be assigning Hughes to anything unless she shows up and skates extremely and remarkably well in one or more of the designated monitoring competitions this summer. Athletes that placed at the most recent Nationals will most likely be considered for Senior Bs first (usually in order of finish).

In any case, I wouldn't read too much into the fact that Hughes was named to Reserve. ICMS appears to be taking the inclusive approach (naming more skaters to Reserve than they have international assignment slots, for example).

Last edited:

fairly4

Medalist
but alissa last year was named a reserve,
got assigned 1 gp event.
emily was injured for the past two years,
sasha not injured deliberate skating on soi and she gets two,because of her so called scores.
you guys are falling for it.

fairly4

Medalist
somebody posted caroline zhang has the 7th sb score, it is the 5th best score on the ISu
whether the us acknowledges or not, i don't know. the updated list after the wtt has her 5th best and i hope the us acknowledges it if not, that is part of the problem with of differential scoring at nationals and international.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Posted in the Team USA News box in the Athletes section of the USFS site:
(5/20/09) - Senior ladies skater Tenile Victorsen has announced her retirement from competitive skating and, thus, has been removed from the [Reserve] team envelope.
Victorsen was coached by Angela Nikodinov and Ivan Dinev.

Re. Chrissy Hughes [S16] not being listed in the Reserve envelope: I've heard that she likely will not compete in U.S. qualifying competitions this year although Collegiate Nationals is still a possibility for her.