Carron/Jost Split | Golden Skate

Carron/Jost Split

Buttercup

Record Breaker
There's been speculation and rumors, and now it seems to have been confirmed (in French): Pernelle and Matthieu have ended their partnership.

My guess is that Matthieu will retire; he's 28 and about to become a father, so he'll probably want to move on to other things. Pernelle supposedly has a new partner already.

Antilles

Medalist
That's too bad. I really liked this team. The article says they broke up due to temperament incompatibilities (that's the closest translation I can think of). I'll miss seeing them next year.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
IFS has a story on the split, apparently they just didn't get along and Pernelle decided she'd had enough. She is skating with Lloyd Jones, and they plan to compete at the French Masters.Matthieu, contrary to what I thought, is looking for a new partner. So at the very least we might see Carron/Jones next year.

Fun fact in the article: Jost is an engineer. I know he's not the only skater who chose a difficult field of study - wasn't Jeffrey Buttle studying chemical engineering at some point? I really admire the skaters who manage to combine training and school.

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
That's a pity. I really loved the Chopin program which they skated to for the 07-08 season.

If Delobel and Schoenfelder end up not competing at Vancouver, and Carron and her new partner don't manage to pull things together in time, who's the next best French ice dance team after Pechalat and Bourzat?

Buttercup

Record Breaker
That's a pity. I really loved the Chopin program which they skated to for the 07-08 season.
I liked their Edith Piaf FD myself. They made so much progress in their partnership and so quickly, it does seem a shame for it to end like this. But if it wasn't working, better to end it now.

If Delobel and Schoenfelder end up not competing at Vancouver, and Carron and her new partner don't manage to pull things together in time, who's the next best French ice dance team after Pechalat and Bourzat?
It would be a tossup between Findlay/Richaud and Blanc/Bouquet. F/R I think were ahead at French Nats and were sent to Euros while B/B were alternates for Worlds and ended up going when Del/Schoe couldn't. Neither team is a top ten threat at this point.

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Oh wow, a rather interesting situation for Zazoui.
I liked her choreo for Alban Preaubert though.

]wasn't Jeffrey Buttle studying chemical engineering at some point?
I thought he was back in school by now. Jeffrey is indeed smart :thumbsup: