Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

Thread: Changing The Image Of Men's Figure Skating

I still do not understand why some posters cling to either black or white? There are two kinds of sports. Solo Sports and Team Sports. Why either of them should be called sissy sport or macho sport, is irrelevant.

Those players entering a Solo Sport are self centered and need something to boost up their lifestyles. Those players entering Team Sport are in need of socilializing with others of the same sex.

Is Women's Basketball a Butch Sport? or is the marathon Butch? and does it matter?

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    thank you Ant for info. Unfortunately from internet player you have the language of the country that has its own channel, otherwise something relevant, in belgium we get the french commentary from tv and internet subscriptions. Or dutch. Maybe some countries like hungary and polland dont have their own and have registration with english.
    Figure skating in a pub along with pines of guiness????Are you out of your bloody mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Those players entering a Solo Sport are self centered and need something to boost up their lifestyles. Those players entering Team Sport are in need of socilializing with others of the same sex.
    I assume that you have to be joking Joe. I think the reasons anyone goes into any sport, being team or solo is first and foremost - i love or at least a strong liking of the sport, and secondly some talent at the sport or at least a desire to learnt to "master" the sport.

There are far easier things for "self centred [people who] need something to boost up their lifestyles" to do than become elite athletes!

Ant

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    thank you Ant for info. Unfortunately from internet player you have the language of the country that has its own channel, otherwise something relevant, in belgium we get the french commentary from tv and internet subscriptions. Or dutch. Maybe some countries like hungary and polland dont have their own and have registration with english.
    Figure skating in a pub along with pines of guiness????Are you out of your bloody mind?
    I've never seen figure skating on in a pub in my while life either here or abroad. Perhaps in 1994 when T&D made their comeback but otherwise not likely!

Ant

Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    During ice re-surfacing etc Nicky and Chris often read out and answer emails that have come in and they frequently read out emails that have come in from all over Europe (mentioning Hungary, Germany and Poland in one email section once) which makes me think that people in those countries must be watching the English commentary.
    One possiblity is that people are watching a TV feed with the sound muted and Eurosport audio stream - you can access it on the ES website and it's free.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    One possiblity is that people are watching a TV feed with the sound muted and Eurosport audio stream - you can access it on the ES website and it's free.
    I hadn't thought of that - it could be, though the chances of the commentary over the internet and the picture on the TV being in synch (i would have thought) would be fairly slim!

Ant

You mean eurosport site?cause it still gives french/dutch option..or I didnt understand you right???happens to me a lot the last few days..

There are far easier things for "self centred [people who] need something to boost up their lifestyles" to do than become elite athletes!

Ant
    Like wearing Prada and DePutaMadre for example
    Last edited by seniorita; 07-02-2009 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    I still do not understand why some posters cling to either black or white? There are two kinds of sports. Solo Sports and Team Sports. Why either of them should be called sissy sport or macho sport, is irrelevant.

What you call irrelevant others may find interesting. Many enjoy learning about cultural differences and how perceptions may vary from country to country abouts sports and other subjects.

What about people who take up a sport like Pairs skating or mixed doubles in tennis. Does this mean you will consider them sex starved and in need of constant romance?

FYI, Andre Agassi played a "solo sport" yet he has given more of his time and money to charities than most big time professional athletes. That doesn't sound like such "self-centerd behavior to me. He even started a school for underpriviliged children in his hometown of Las Vegas.

Did the possibility ever occur to you that many athletes take up a sport simply because they like it and stay with it when they find they have a talent for it?

I assume that you have to be joking Joe. I think the reasons anyone goes into any sport, being team or solo is first and foremost - i love or at least a strong liking of the sport, and secondly some talent at the sport or at least a desire to learnt to "master" the sport.

There are far easier things for "self centred [people who] need something to boost up their lifestyles" to do than become elite athletes! Ant
    I was being facetious. So much opinions on sissy sports and all I can think of truthfully is 'so what'.

As a spectator of sports, I would only watch if I were interested, and who cares about the athlete's personal lives. I'm watching to critique the game after I find out who or which team won.

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post

Like wearing Prada and DePutaMadre for example
    Are you actually stalking me now Seniorita

Actually thankfully our office manager has allowed (since we don't have air conditioned offices) us to come in in shorts and t-shirts so that we don't pass out!

Ant
    Last edited by antmanb; 07-02-2009 at 07:45 AM.

During ice re-surfacing etc Nicky and Chris often read out and answer emails that have come in and they frequently read out emails that have come in from all over Europe (mentioning Hungary, Germany and Poland in one email section once) which makes me think that people in those countries must be watching the English commentary.
    I always got British Eurosport - for free - on our old TV. But we were living close to British barracks, we also got Sky News and all the different BBCs. Sadly with the digital TV this seems to be over now.

Are you actually stalking me now Seniorita
    Ant

Did I guess right!!!??? I swear I just took a guess! Especially for prada! (maybe you had reffered to puta madre in games )

Addicted to handsome, artistic male skaters ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsuhs View Post
    Still, won't beat Fedor A. worship.

:chorus: :chorus: :chorus:

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38