Kimmie | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Kimmie

Medusa

Record Breaker
Actually, Lori Nichol chooses the music for her.
That explains it, of course. I love how half of the Top Ladies are doing the exact same thing on ice to all these original and unique music choices because they have her as their choreographer.

Wrlmy

Medalist
ITA, I don't understand why it never occurred to Kimmie to work with a different choreographer. She and Caroline need to be de-nicoled ASAP.

But all the good luck to her. It would be "awesome!" to have four world champions fighting for OGM.

life684

Final Flight
Kimmie needs to improve her artistic side along with her jumps to have ant chance to qualify for Olympics, and i seriously doubt that. anyways good luck for her new season

gold12345

Medalist
I think relatively speaking, her artistic side has been more than fine in recent years. She's no Sasha, obviously, but who is? The focus for Kimmie primarily needs to be on the jumps and spins. She has to get credit for her jumps, and she has to keep the levels up on the spins/spirals. She had downgrade issues at her GP events last season (as did many of the ladies) and it really hurt her scores. As long as she's having fun skating, I'm sure she'll give it her best effort. Yeah, her music is overdone, but I'm still looking forward to seeing what she puts out there.

I have never liked the Roti R&J. I was not overwhelmed with Sasha's R&J. I would imagine I will not like Kimmie's R&J.

There is no skating challenge to Roti. If you can fake ballet arms and look like victim, that's all there is to it.

Someday, a Lady skater will take up R&J at the Prokofiev level. That would be a challenge. It is a full ballet and not a movie background music. It is not sugary but very strong emotional music which can not be faked. Romeo btw, imo, has the better music that Juliet.

The work in cutting the Profofiev for skating purposes will be daunting and I do not think Nicol has the time for that.

McWicked

On the Ice
Kimmie's LP music is Romeo and Juliet, any thoughts? :)

Any thought??? Ummm... yeah!!! Im prayin that it's not her twitterin, coz seriously if this ends up bein true I'll hit my head against a wall everytime she goes out for her LP!!! :banging: :eek:

Wrlmy

Medalist
I think relatively speaking, her artistic side has been more than fine in recent years. She's no Sasha, obviously, but who is? The focus for Kimmie primarily needs to be on the jumps and spins. She has to get credit for her jumps, and she has to keep the levels up on the spins/spirals. She had downgrade issues at her GP events last season (as did many of the ladies) and it really hurt her scores. As long as she's having fun skating, I'm sure she'll give it her best effort. Yeah, her music is overdone, but I'm still looking forward to seeing what she puts out there.

I agree her artistry has been more than fine, especially the last year. Downgrades hurt her more than anyone last year. Her short program score at CoR was uhm.. RUDE.. to say the least. Is her technique really that bad compared to others?

Nadine

Record Breaker
Congrats to Kimmie on her choice of music (I can listen to that piece of music endlessly). :)

Sasha's is my favorite, but I also recall how much I enjoyed Kristi Yamaguchi's as well at 1993 World Pros ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZOPMxMAfKY

I'm sure Kimmie's will be lovely too, can't wait to see it! I'm just glad that one-by-one every skater is announcing their individual music choices for next season.

Lol, I'm extra anxious to see everyone's costumes also, if not moreso!:love: On that note, I have to say that the dress Kimmie wore for her FS program in 2008 is still one of my all-time favorite dresses (as well as the lovely matching hair accessories) ~ reminded me of the dress Drew Barrymore wore to the Ball in the movie Ever After ~ also it brought back wonderful memories of the dress that Ekaterina Gordeeva wore when she competed for the first time as a singles skater in a pro competition. :)

jumpjumpjump

On the Ice
Any thought??? Ummm... yeah!!! Im prayin that it's not her twitterin, coz seriously if this ends up bein true I'll hit my head against a wall everytime she goes out for her LP!!! :banging: :eek:

haha, Kimmie will surprise you!!! :thumbsup:

Particle Man

Match Penalty
I hit my head against a wall almost anytime ANYONE skates to R&J. Sasha's was perfect. Everyone else's sounds like a hacked-up version of Sasha's, except very very few. I've heard a lot of the music from R&J, and honestly there are a lot of parts that I've NEVER heard used. I don't get it. I know there's another brilliant, awesome R&J program (or many) possible, which would be really original, yet we haven't heard it. Perhaps Kimmie will manage it... but I am not hopeful. :p

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Congrats to Kimmie on her choice of music (I can listen to that piece of music endlessly). :)

Sasha's is my favorite, but I also recall how much I enjoyed Kristi Yamaguchi's as well at 1993 World Pros ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZOPMxMAfKY

I'm sure Kimmie's will be lovely too, can't wait to see it! I'm just glad that one-by-one every skater is announcing their individual music choices for next season.

Lol, I'm extra anxious to see everyone's costumes also, if not moreso!:love: On that note, I have to say that the dress Kimmie wore for her FS program in 2008 is still one of my all-time favorite dresses (as well as the lovely matching hair accessories) ~ reminded me of the dress Drew Barrymore wore to the Ball in the movie Ever After ~ also it brought back wonderful memories of the dress that Ekaterina Gordeeva wore when she competed for the first time as a singles skater in a pro competition. :)

The only dress that I only really liked on Kimmie was the pale pink dress with the illusion skirt and the beautiful flowers in her hair at the 2008 nationals. She skated so poorly, but looked so pretty!

Trewyn

Medalist
I seriously wasn't expecting anyone to risk skating to the same music Sasha skated to the former Olympic season. Why would you even want to be compared to her? Anyway, I really hope she'll keep her SP music; I thought her SP was breathtaking! Any news on that??

R.D.

Record Breaker
Hmm. Not sure how I feel about the music choice as I think something a little more upbeat would suit her style better. She seems to be a happy, giggly person off ice- why not try to show that off on the ice?

tgmsd

Spectator
I'm thrilled about her music choice! I'm sure she can play lovely, sweet and innocent Juliet on the ice. :love:

Pikachuusb

On the Ice
wow R&J for Kimmie? I could see Alissa skating to R&J but I cant picture Kimmie skating to it. Hmmm..... not what I would have gone with, BUT Im hoping to be pleasantly suprised. I do love Rota's version.

Out of all the people who've skated to R&J, Sasha's is my favorite version by far. Although Im also a fan of Totmianina & Marinin's program as well as Kristi Yamaguchi's.

Although it's Prokofiev's version, I loved Anissina & Piezerat's program of R&J as well.

Im looking forward to seeing Kimmie's R&J. Im hoping the cuts are upbeat for her version. This is her LP right? Isnt she keeping her SP?

shine

Record Breaker
I hit my head against a wall almost anytime ANYONE skates to R&J. Sasha's was perfect. Everyone else's sounds like a hacked-up version of Sasha's, except very very few.

Where is the barfing emoticon when you need it? Perfect? Only if you call contrived emoting and superficial choreography perfection.

Lambiel's R&J, OTOH, moved me to tears.

Last edited:

shine

Record Breaker
And I seriously don't understand this concern over Meissner (or anyone if they decided to skate to R&J) being compared to Sasha Cohen. Forgettable choreography aside, it's not like Sasha's Olympic free skate with those two splats was all that memorable, neither was her worlds 2006 performance.

Last edited:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
And I seriously don't understand this concern over Meissner (or anyone if they decided to skate to R&J) being compared to Sasha Cohen. Forgettable choreography aside, it's not like Sasha's Olympic free skate with those two splats was all that memorable, neither was her worlds 2006 performance.

maybe her jumps weren't that memorable, but her use of the music and the way she became Juliet in that program is tough for anybody to live up to. Similar to how everybody always compares every Carmen to Katerina Witt's program. Not for the jumps, but for the choreography and perfectness of the program.

shine

Record Breaker
I thought it was a very bland program choreographically or musically.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.