Kimmie | Golden Skate

Kimmie

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
It seems like most people have completely forgotten about her. Does anybody know if she is attending college...how healthy she is and if she coming back to nationals next year? Nobody mentioned her as a threat to the olympic team.

I can't quite say that her case is hopeless. The other U.S. ladies should not exactly have kimmie trembling in her boots. I think a healthy kimmie could surprise everybody and make the team.

UnsaneLily87

On the Ice
I follow her on twitter. Apparently she is in school part time but still training in Florida with Richard C. She's getting her new choreography now...according to a post as of today, she went to Canada to get it. David Wilson, I presume?

DarkestMoon

On the Ice
It seems like most people have completely forgotten about her. Does anybody know if she is attending college...how healthy she is and if she coming back to nationals next year? Nobody mentioned her as a threat to the olympic team.

I can't quite say that her case is hopeless. The other U.S. ladies should not exactly have kimmie trembling in her boots. I think a healthy kimmie could surprise everybody and make the team.

She has fully recovered and he plans to try for Vancouver.. She's in Canada right now and she will start to look for music tomorrow with Lori Nichol for her free skate (all this via Twitter).

In an interview with PJ Kwang back in worlds, Lori had mentioned that she's already working with Kimmie. Not sure what that was about, but maybe to rework her Un Ange Passe. Kimmie mentioned the possibility of keeping it.

R.D.

Record Breaker
It seems like most people have completely forgotten about her.

The forum may have, but I haven't. I "follow" her on Twitter and even sent her a message of support, to which she kindly responded. She is definitely training (from the sounds of it) and is getting ready to pick her LP music for next year. I just hope she gets her confidence back and forgets about everything else that happened within the past two years. It's a really tall mountain to climb and I think the results of her attempt will speak for themselves...forget about Cohen or Kwan comeback, a Meissner comeback would make an awesome Olympic story...

That said, sad to say she'll probably be no more competitive for a medal than Rachel Flatt would be if she got back to 2006 form. Still, after what she's been through, simply making the team would be a huge accomplishment!

Last edited:

Danale

On the Ice
She's in Canada right now and she will start to look for music tomorrow with Lori Nichol for her free skate
Yet another Lori Nichol program ... can't say I'm excited about that. They all start to look and feel the same to me :sheesh:
That being said, I'm happy Kimmie is doing well. I love her and I wish her all the best. It would be great to see her competing at her best again.

Particle Man

Match Penalty
I haven't forgotten about her, but I try to, because then I can forget about the horrible 2 seasons she has had. It would take a miracle for her to make the Olympic team. Honestly I'd be surprised if she even made the Nationals podium next season. 1st -- 7th -- WD, that's not a good progression...

merrybari

Final Flight
Would love to see Kimmie back! In addition to being in top physical form, I hope someone is helping her to "beef up" her competitive drive - to unleash her inner tigeress, so to speak. Or at least wake her up. It is possible for a competitor to be too "laid back" on the ice!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Would love to see Kimmie back! In addition to being in top physical form, I hope someone is helping her to "beef up" her competitive drive - to unleash her inner tigeress, so to speak. Or at least wake her up. It is possible for a competitor to be too "laid back" on the ice!

I haven't forgotten about Kimmie, either. I would be very pleased if she decides to keep her "Un Ange Passe" short program. Hope she has a great new season. :love:

R.D.

Record Breaker
I haven't forgotten about her, but I try to, because then I can forget about the horrible 2 seasons she has had. It would take a miracle for her to make the Olympic team. Honestly I'd be surprised if she even made the Nationals podium next season. 1st -- 7th -- WD, that's not a good progression...

Making the Olympic team means beating three of Zhang, Nagasu, Wagner, Flatt. And it's certainly not impossible- if Czisny could do it, you know...but I think it's one of those cases where it's a nice thought, but the odds and obstacles that would have to be overcome just seem like too much, too soon. Let's see what happens. Stranger things have happened.

Last edited:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker

I don't think it is that far fetched. I mean who though Alissa could be national champion this year? The judges would root for her, and she might even get the benifit of the doubt on her underotated triple/triple. Even without a 3/3 she could still place. I was re-watching some of her old programs from 2006 and 2007 and I have to say I forgot how good she was. I was never her biggest fan, but compared with the top ladies now, she had great speed, very high, tight jumps and her strech wasn't THAT bad.
Her main problem was the puberty monster and then then lack of confidence. If she gets that great competition head back she could make the team no problem.

HCOSurfer

Final Flight
I just want Kimmie to have one clean skate so she can good about herself. I missed her so much this year and I'm excited she's coming back!!!

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
I hate to be a wet blanket here, but I would say if this season hadn't happened, Kimmie might just make the Olympic team. The U.S. judges might just feel that we need a real "lady" on the team, not just pesky little girls, and give her some leeway. They might even let her win with a 4- triple long ...... even if she falls on one of them. :eek: ( No, that could never happen. )

Unfortunately, that is exactly what happened this year, and they regret it. So this year, there will be no leeway. Kimmie must compete with girls who have been cranking out 7-triple programs to the point of monotony. :eek:hwell:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Interesting point PB but how do you know USFS regrets it? Do you know someone in the organization that conceded that? We can speculate but the truth of the matter is, we don't know what they are thinking.

Like I said before, I don't think even ONE person here thought Czisny would win this year. If SHE could do it, I'm saying, Meissner could definitely do it next year. (And I mean this with all due respect to Alyssa BTW.)

What Meissner needs to do is find an international competition to enter next season. That feedback and the scores she gets is critical to putting her in the best position come Nats. I mean, the last time she did her SP she didn't even crack 50. And she didn't even make any visible errors (i.e. falls)! That means that she'll probably be at a major disadvantage if she just goes into the Qualifer cold-turkey.

They might even let [Meissner] win with a 4- triple long ...... even if she falls on one of them. ( No, that could never happen. )

There is one advantage Alyssa has over Kimmie- and it's a big one- presentation and spins. As improved as the latter is in presentation, there's no comparison IMHO. And the disadvantage Alyssa had in jumps has vaporized. It's sad, really, to think about- because let's be honest here- Alyssa hasn't really improved in 3-4 years. She's just hot-and-cold. But when she's hot- she's among the top Americans.

Last edited:

shine

Record Breaker
Saw a clip of her recently skating at SOI and she has grown into a very beautiful skater. I really hope she gets her jumps back and makes the team next year.

Particle Man

Match Penalty
let's be honest here- Alyssa hasn't really improved in 3-4 years. She's just hot-and-cold. But when she's hot- she's among the top Americans.

She's improved a great deal since last season. 3 gold medals this season, and 3rd and 4th on GP circuit. Last season she finished 9th, 6th, 9th in her competitive events. That's about the best improvement you could hope for. Just cause she still has an achilles heel doesn't mean she hasn't improved...

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
She's improved a great deal since last season. 3 gold medals this season, and 3rd and 4th on GP circuit. Last season she finished 9th, 6th, 9th in her competitive events. That's about the best improvement you could hope for. Just cause she still has an achilles heel doesn't mean she hasn't improved...

Where did she get 3 golds? anyway, I think what the original poster meant was that her skating has not improved. Maybe she got lucky with her results, but has has skating actually improved?

Particle Man

Match Penalty
Uhhh. A skater doesn't go from 6th, 9th, 9th in one season to 1st, 1st, 1st, 3rd, 4th etc in the next season by "getting lucky." 1 or 2 comps can be lucky, not the whole freaking season. The 3 golds were Nationals, Nebelhorn and US Collegiate championships. Slice it any way you want, this was her best season since 05/06.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alissa_Czisny

That said, I don't expect her to be a serious threat next season. I think the younger girls are gonna be shifting into overdrive to earn their Olympic spot...