Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Kimmie

I really hope she makes it!!! I really want a miracle!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    let's be honest here- Alyssa hasn't really improved in 3-4 years. She's just hot-and-cold. But when she's hot- she's among the top Americans.
    She's improved a great deal since last season. 3 gold medals this season, and 3rd and 4th on GP circuit. Last season she finished 9th, 6th, 9th in her competitive events. That's about the best improvement you could hope for. Just cause she still has an achilles heel doesn't mean she hasn't improved...

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
    She's improved a great deal since last season. 3 gold medals this season, and 3rd and 4th on GP circuit. Last season she finished 9th, 6th, 9th in her competitive events. That's about the best improvement you could hope for. Just cause she still has an achilles heel doesn't mean she hasn't improved...
    Where did she get 3 golds? anyway, I think what the original poster meant was that her skating has not improved. Maybe she got lucky with her results, but has has skating actually improved?

Banned
    Uhhh. A skater doesn't go from 6th, 9th, 9th in one season to 1st, 1st, 1st, 3rd, 4th etc in the next season by "getting lucky." 1 or 2 comps can be lucky, not the whole freaking season. The 3 golds were Nationals, Nebelhorn and US Collegiate championships. Slice it any way you want, this was her best season since 05/06.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alissa_Czisny

That said, I don't expect her to be a serious threat next season. I think the younger girls are gonna be shifting into overdrive to earn their Olympic spot...

Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    Didn't she land 3 clean triples to win her US title?

^ It's kind of strange how U.S. Nationals has gone the last few years. In each of 2007, 2008 and 2009, the eventual champion won big on the short program, then fell to third in the LP but held on to the title anyway.

In 2006 Alissa won the LP, with Emily Hughes second, Kimmie won by a nose overall. In 2008 Rachael Flatt won the LP, but Mirai (3rd in the LP) was way ahead after the SP and won.

Last year Ashley Wagner won the LP, but was too far back in the SP to win.

Meanwhile on the men's side, the best Evan Lysacek could manage was third place at Nationals -- and then he won the World Championship!

Meissner on Twitter. Something odd I noticed. An user mentioned pets, which was cute! Coz so did she, but Meissner said something about havin just a cat. If im not wrong she has 3, at least 2. I saw on a video once her favourite was a fat one called Ozzie & her new acquirement was a cat named Samson... but she said she had only a cat. Weird. I remember well coz I read it in a skatin magazine and I kept thinkin "Why would you call a kitten Samson?" & it made me remember an aunt of mine called her puddle Hercules
    Last edited by McWicked; 05-06-2009 at 08:58 AM.

Custom Title
    I was wondering about something along those lines. Let's say a fan made it seem like Kimmie was on a public web page when she was not. If it made Kimmie's fans feel good, would that be a good thing?

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    It's an Olympic year and in those years I don't rule anyone out!! This is when people tend to step up their game.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by McWicked View Post
    Meissner on Twitter. Something odd I noticed. An user mentioned pets, which was cute! Coz so did she, but Meissner said something about havin just a cat. If im not wrong she has 3, at least 2. I saw on a video once her favourite was a fat one called Ozzie & her new acquirement was a cat named Samson... but she said she had only a cat. Weird. I remember well coz I read it in a skatin magazine and I kept thinkin "Why would you call a kitten Samson?" & it made me remember an aunt of mine called her puddle Hercules
    Hmm. Begs the question (again) as to whether it is really her or not. Someone on FSU claimed that a fellow poster confirmed that she is on there while talking to her some time ago. It seems genuine but you just never know. I'll just assume it's her unless someone can prove that it isn't.

Custom Title
    omg, people... it is Kimmie on twitter, i don't understand why do you guys have to be so suspicious. I know someone who is a very close friend of hers, and I do know her too.

About the pets, she has two dogs and one cat, I don't know where is the three cats thing coming from...

I'm rooting for Kimmie 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpjumpjump View Post
    omg, people... it is Kimmie on twitter, i don't understand why do you guys have to be so suspicious. I know someone who is a very close friend of hers, and I do know her too.

About the pets, she has two dogs and one cat, I don't know where is the three cats thing coming from...
    Well, in a video made by japanesse guys she shows her cat Ozzie and her two dogs, anyone who could've watched the video, couldve seen it. But International figure skating magazine had in one of its issues Kimmie on the cover "america's newest golden girl" or something. There Kimmie poses w her new kitten. Samson, a baby cat. http://www.ifsmagazine.com/archive/2...UARY/INDEX.PHP

"The 2007 U.S. champion is a big animal lover. Samson, one of five family pets, enjoyed the attention showered on him by the teenager." That's written below her picture w that cute kitten.

Sorry for any kind of misunderstanding... I could have produced, next time I'll just shut up.
    Last edited by McWicked; 05-07-2009 at 01:17 AM.

I can't wait to see a new routine of Kimmies!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    Making the Olympic team means beating three of Zhang, Nagasu, Wagner, Flatt.
    Preeeecisely think it's possible yet another in the mix - now s.c. - this is going to see a group all capable i.m.o. but doesn't it seem that always is the way?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaniBu View Post
    I can't wait to see a new routine of Kimmies!!!

Preeeecisely think it's possible yet another in the mix - now s.c. - this is going to see a group all capable i.m.o. but doesn't it seem that always is the way?
    Is Kimmie really in the mix though? She's kinda like Carolina for me. She has potential; she has the technique, but I have yet to see her do a performance that really stands out. I'd just like to see her skate a program with some great choreography where she really connects with the audience. And hopefully she gets her jumps back.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast