Kimmie | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Kimmie

^ It's kind of strange how U.S. Nationals has gone the last few years. In each of 2007, 2008 and 2009, the eventual champion won big on the short program, then fell to third in the LP but held on to the title anyway.

In 2006 Alissa won the LP, with Emily Hughes second, Kimmie won by a nose overall. In 2008 Rachael Flatt won the LP, but Mirai (3rd in the LP) was way ahead after the SP and won.

Last year Ashley Wagner won the LP, but was too far back in the SP to win.

Meanwhile on the men's side, the best Evan Lysacek could manage was third place at Nationals -- and then he won the World Championship!

McWicked

On the Ice
Meissner on Twitter. Something odd I noticed. An user mentioned pets, which was cute! Coz so did she, but Meissner said something about havin just a cat. If im not wrong she has 3, at least 2. I saw on a video once her favourite was a fat one called Ozzie & her new acquirement was a cat named Samson... but she said she had only a cat. Weird. I remember well coz I read it in a skatin magazine and I kept thinkin "Why would you call a kitten Samson?" & it made me remember an aunt of mine called her puddle Hercules :rofl:

Last edited:

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
I was wondering about something along those lines. Let's say a fan made it seem like Kimmie was on a public web page when she was not. If it made Kimmie's fans feel good, would that be a good thing? :think:

sillylionlove

Medalist
It's an Olympic year and in those years I don't rule anyone out!! This is when people tend to step up their game.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Meissner on Twitter. Something odd I noticed. An user mentioned pets, which was cute! Coz so did she, but Meissner said something about havin just a cat. If im not wrong she has 3, at least 2. I saw on a video once her favourite was a fat one called Ozzie & her new acquirement was a cat named Samson... but she said she had only a cat. Weird. I remember well coz I read it in a skatin magazine and I kept thinkin "Why would you call a kitten Samson?" & it made me remember an aunt of mine called her puddle Hercules :rofl:

Hmm. Begs the question (again) as to whether it is really her or not. Someone on FSU claimed that a fellow poster confirmed that she is on there while talking to her some time ago. It seems genuine but you just never know. I'll just assume it's her unless someone can prove that it isn't.

jumpjumpjump

On the Ice
omg, people... it is Kimmie on twitter, i don't understand why do you guys have to be so suspicious. I know someone who is a very close friend of hers, and I do know her too.

About the pets, she has two dogs and one cat, I don't know where is the three cats thing coming from...

McWicked

On the Ice
omg, people... it is Kimmie on twitter, i don't understand why do you guys have to be so suspicious. I know someone who is a very close friend of hers, and I do know her too.

About the pets, she has two dogs and one cat, I don't know where is the three cats thing coming from...

Well, in a video made by japanesse guys she shows her cat Ozzie and her two dogs, anyone who could've watched the video, couldve seen it. But International figure skating magazine had in one of its issues Kimmie on the cover "america's newest golden girl" or something. There Kimmie poses w her new kitten. Samson, a baby cat. http://www.ifsmagazine.com/archive/2008/JANUARY/INDEX.PHP

"The 2007 U.S. champion is a big animal lover. Samson, one of five family pets, enjoyed the attention showered on him by the teenager." That's written below her picture w that cute kitten.

Sorry for any kind of misunderstanding... I could have produced, next time I'll just shut up.

Last edited:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I can't wait to see a new routine of Kimmies!!!

Making the Olympic team means beating three of Zhang, Nagasu, Wagner, Flatt.

Preeeecisely:agree: think it's possible:yes: yet another in the mix - now s.c. - this is going to see a group all capable i.m.o. but doesn't it seem that always is the way? ;)

dannyascii

On the Ice
I can't wait to see a new routine of Kimmies!!!

Preeeecisely:agree: think it's possible:yes: yet another in the mix - now s.c. - this is going to see a group all capable i.m.o. but doesn't it seem that always is the way? ;)
Is Kimmie really in the mix though? She's kinda like Carolina for me. She has potential; she has the technique, but I have yet to see her do a performance that really stands out. I'd just like to see her skate a program with some great choreography where she really connects with the audience. And hopefully she gets her jumps back.

evangeline

Record Breaker
^ Which Romeo and Juliet?

I really hope it's not Rota's version, that's been done to death and beyond...

sillylionlove

Medalist
Seriously? Geez...someone please kill that music. I wonder how many more people will use that music this season?

It's so surgary. The Prokofiev has so much more variation with the right cuts, but the final choice is that of the skater and we have to live with it.

evangeline

Record Breaker
On FSU, they say it's Rota's Romeo and Juliet.

I really don't think it's the best idea, since it'll draw inevitable comparisons to Sasha's version, which I thought was done quite well. And of course, there's the done-to-death factor.

As for Prokofiev's version, I hope Yu-Na skates to it!

Kimmie is not a Juliet type. It doesn't seem promising.

I wish she'd do a happy, all-American girl-next-door routine to music like the Gershwin arrangements Balanchine used in "Who Cares?"

dewey

Rinkside
I've long thought Kimmie should use Gerswin too. But she has never demonstrated much creativity in choosing music - and I think it has held her back

sillylionlove

Medalist
I am now on the edge of my seat waiting for the announcement of who will be skating to Bolero and Carmen this season!!!

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Saw a clip of her recently skating at SOI and she has grown into a very beautiful skater. I really hope she gets her jumps back and makes the team next year.

I saw her skating in a show last fall and thought she looked so happy, relaxed and fit. Then she had a less than stellar GP series and withdraw from nats. Shows can be deceiving, especially since so many skaters only show their true glory when the pressure is off.
Kimmie's LP music is Romeo and Juliet, any thoughts? :)

Well I do not think this is very bad. It could actually be pretty good. yes, R&J is very overdone, but she has that innocent quality that I think is a big + for juliet. Of course I always compared Rota's Romeo and Juliet to Sasha's and that is a pretty hard comparison to make on anybody. Still, this is much more her style than The Feeling Begins and Galacia Flamenca.