Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Kimmie

Custom Title
    Kimmie's LP music is Romeo and Juliet, any thoughts?

Custom Title
    ^ Which Romeo and Juliet?

I really hope it's not Rota's version, that's been done to death and beyond...

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    Seriously? Geez...someone please kill that music. I wonder how many more people will use that music this season?

It's so surgary. The Prokofiev has so much more variation with the right cuts, but the final choice is that of the skater and we have to live with it.

Custom Title
    On FSU, they say it's Rota's Romeo and Juliet.

I really don't think it's the best idea, since it'll draw inevitable comparisons to Sasha's version, which I thought was done quite well. And of course, there's the done-to-death factor.

As for Prokofiev's version, I hope Yu-Na skates to it!

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Kimmie is not a Juliet type. It doesn't seem promising.

I wish she'd do a happy, all-American girl-next-door routine to music like the Gershwin arrangements Balanchine used in "Who Cares?"

Tripping on the Podium
    I've long thought Kimmie should use Gerswin too. But she has never demonstrated much creativity in choosing music - and I think it has held her back

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    I am now on the edge of my seat waiting for the announcement of who will be skating to Bolero and Carmen this season!!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dewey View Post
    I've long thought Kimmie should use Gerswin too. But she has never demonstrated much creativity in choosing music - and I think it has held her back
    Actually, Lori Nichol chooses the music for her.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    Saw a clip of her recently skating at SOI and she has grown into a very beautiful skater. I really hope she gets her jumps back and makes the team next year.
    I saw her skating in a show last fall and thought she looked so happy, relaxed and fit. Then she had a less than stellar GP series and withdraw from nats. Shows can be deceiving, especially since so many skaters only show their true glory when the pressure is off.
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpjumpjump View Post
    Kimmie's LP music is Romeo and Juliet, any thoughts?
    Well I do not think this is very bad. It could actually be pretty good. yes, R&J is very overdone, but she has that innocent quality that I think is a big + for juliet. Of course I always compared Rota's Romeo and Juliet to Sasha's and that is a pretty hard comparison to make on anybody. Still, this is much more her style than The Feeling Begins and Galacia Flamenca.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkestMoon View Post
    Actually, Lori Nichol chooses the music for her.
    That explains it, of course. I love how half of the Top Ladies are doing the exact same thing on ice to all these original and unique music choices because they have her as their choreographer.

Custom Title
    ITA, I don't understand why it never occurred to Kimmie to work with a different choreographer. She and Caroline need to be de-nicoled ASAP.

But all the good luck to her. It would be "awesome!" to have four world champions fighting for OGM.

Custom Title
    Kimmie needs to improve her artistic side along with her jumps to have ant chance to qualify for Olympics, and i seriously doubt that. anyways good luck for her new season

Custom Title
    I think relatively speaking, her artistic side has been more than fine in recent years. She's no Sasha, obviously, but who is? The focus for Kimmie primarily needs to be on the jumps and spins. She has to get credit for her jumps, and she has to keep the levels up on the spins/spirals. She had downgrade issues at her GP events last season (as did many of the ladies) and it really hurt her scores. As long as she's having fun skating, I'm sure she'll give it her best effort. Yeah, her music is overdone, but I'm still looking forward to seeing what she puts out there.

I have never liked the Roti R&J. I was not overwhelmed with Sasha's R&J. I would imagine I will not like Kimmie's R&J.

There is no skating challenge to Roti. If you can fake ballet arms and look like victim, that's all there is to it.

Someday, a Lady skater will take up R&J at the Prokofiev level. That would be a challenge. It is a full ballet and not a movie background music. It is not sugary but very strong emotional music which can not be faked. Romeo btw, imo, has the better music that Juliet.

The work in cutting the Profofiev for skating purposes will be daunting and I do not think Nicol has the time for that.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast