Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Kimmie

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Trewyn View Post
    I seriously wasn't expecting anyone to risk skating to the same music Sasha skated to the former Olympic season. Why would you even want to be compared to her? Anyway, I really hope she'll keep her SP music; I thought her SP was breathtaking! Any news on that??
    Yes. She confirmed it today. She will be keeping Un Ange Passe.

I've heard the full version of Un Ange Passe and I'm kind of curious why Lori didn't just cut that as her FS. Truth to be told, Alain Lefebrve's composition towards the end wasn't too.... inspiring but it could have been cleverly cut to disguise that.

Well, I'm very glad that she's keeping "Un Ange Passe" as her SP.

LKR722
    Thank you so much McWicked for the link! Go Kimmie!

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McWicked View Post
    Thanks! Nice video. Her ballet teacher seems so nice, I would love to work with him! I think it is a good idea for her to keep up the ballet training.

I don't want to be mean..but who else thinks Kimmie could lose a few pounds after watching this?

Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    Thanks! Nice video. Her ballet teacher seems so nice, I would love to work with him! I think it is a good idea for her to keep up the ballet training.

I don't want to be mean..but who else thinks Kimmie could lose a few pounds after watching this?
    You made my day!!!

Actually it's more muscle in her legs than anything... her body is more womanly too. Sadly, I still dont see those jumps together...

Quote Originally Posted by LKR722 View Post
    Thank you so much McWicked for the link! Go Kimmie!
    Anytime. What do you think about the jumps??? I still dont see much improvement, they're not high enough
    Last edited by Tonichelle; 06-13-2009 at 03:49 PM. Reason: merging

LKR722
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post

I think Kimmie looks in good shape. I know you are not trying to be mean, but Kimmie is a taller girl and has always had a lot of muscle from training in the gym. She is not going to look petite and tiny like say Sasha or Caroline (Who is taller now but does not have as much muscle definition)

Custom Title
    About Kimmie [youtube video link]
    Thanks for the tip! The original video, titled "Meissner trains with dance instructor Gyula Pandi," can be found on the Baltimore Sun's site (it must have been added later to the original article): http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/o...,3707149.story

LKR722
    Anytime. What do you think about the jumps??? I still dont see much improvement, they're not high enough
    Its hard to say based on the few attempts in the video. Yes, her jumps could be a little higher. I'm still holding out hope for her though.

Custom Title
    Thanks for the clip.

Gyula is so supportive and endearing. It's good to see Kimmie is working with a ballet instructor. Her jumps still look a little jerky and some of them might have been UR, but hopefully she'll have that sorted out by the time the new season starts.

Her physique looks the same as it's always been, but I agree that her thighs look a tad more muscular. Whatever it is, she looks fit and happy. Go, Kimmie!

Quote Originally Posted by LKR722 View Post
    Its hard to say based on the few attempts in the video. Yes, her jumps could be a little higher. I'm still holding out hope for her though.
    Same here, I just want her 2do good so badly *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusia View Post
    Thanks for the clip.

Gyula is so supportive and endearing. It's good to see Kimmie is working with a ballet instructor. Her jumps still look a little jerky and some of them might have been UR, but hopefully she'll have that sorted out by the time the new season starts.

Her physique looks the same as it's always been, but I agree that her thighs look a tad more muscular. Whatever it is, she looks fit and happy. Go, Kimmie!
    Just what I was thinking...
    Last edited by Tonichelle; 06-13-2009 at 03:40 PM. Reason: use the multiquote feature, please.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    She looks wonderful, IMO. I'm just worried about the jumps.

The dance instructor was charming but I'll be danged if that was ballet he was doing with her. More like boxing (the hops). Still, she may have looked a little more elegant. But I don't think style is her issue any more. She looked quite artistic to me in the last couple of seasons when she had good programs.

Down With It
    I wouldn't read so much into a little video like that. We're still in the middle of the skating off-season.

LKR722
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    I wouldn't read so much into a little video like that. We're still in the middle of the skating off-season.
    Amen to that.

Custom Title
    As I was reading back through this thread it suddenly occurred to me to wonder. Does anyone know if she's at Champs Camp this week?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast