Russian Larionov's suspension reduced by ISU | Golden Skate

Russian Larionov's suspension reduced by ISU

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Larionov cannot go to the Olympics, for the reason cited above.

I don't see Bazarova/Larionov making the Olympic team anyway. They have to compete as Seniors (Larionov will be 23 in August) and the only GP they are eligible for is a Russia host pick. They will have been away from international competition for almost two years by that time, they have zero experience at the Senior level, and they are no threat to Kavaguti / Smirnov, Mukhortova / Trankov and Iliuschechina / Maisuradze.

Fashionista

On the Ice
Larionov cannot go to the Olympics, for the reason cited above.
Actually he can. This rule works for those who were suspended after 1 of August 2008 (according to IOC rule) but Larionov was suspended earlier.
So he has a right to compete in Vancouver. But I agree that they have no chance to get into national team.

life684

Final Flight
Actually he can. This rule works for those who were suspended after 1 of August 2008 (according to IOC rule) but Larionov was suspended earlier.
So he has a right to compete in Vancouver. But I agree that they have no chance to get into national team.
I honestly thing third spot in russian olympic team is still open, especially after some nervy performance for Iluschenkina/Maisuradze. i absolutely love their style of skating and i believe russian will give them 3 spot if all junior team make mistake.

But I/M make mistake on their SBS jump and any other team performance well, i think they can qualify as 3rd team especially one like Bazarova/ Larionov. He is strong and she has a unique gracefulness to her skating. Key for them are elements, sbs triples and triple twist.