Sasha. Comeback. Believe it. | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Sasha. Comeback. Believe it.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I've said it before and I'll say it again - she should skate to the Matrix and kick some ***! No cheesey warhorses and enough with the pwetty ice pwincess crap!
I like it. We all know it will never happen, but at least we can picture it... I do agree Sasha should skate an "I'm not an ice princess" program, like Caro's Riders on the Storm SP or Joannie's dominatrix-inspired Die Another Day EX. And she should skate in pants, not a tinier-than-what-Jessica-Dube-might-wear dress. And by pants, Ant, I mean the US version, though UK pants would also be advisable. :laugh:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
oh no, i always liked her dresses, hers and kostners look always dreamy:)
I don't think she needs to give up dresses completely - just that she needs to make a statement with one of her programs - you know, "I know all you baby ballerinas had fun without me, but now I'm back and I'm a woman". Or something like that ;).

But I didn't like Sasha's costumes. I'll point out again that the one she picked on Project Runway was hideous.

Medusa

Record Breaker
I don't think she needs to give up dresses completely - just that she needs to make a statement with one of her programs - you know, "I know all you baby ballerinas had fun without me, but now I'm back and I'm a woman".
I loved about her (and Kwan's dresses) that they didn't look like baby ballerina. Look at this, powerful bold colours, nice details - who of the current crop wears dresses like that one? Or this one? Juliet inspires so many to go pink / white / light blue - but Cohen took a strong burgundy with golden details with an interesting cut. And this one is also one of my favourites, very simple actually, but so interesting because of the intense yellow with some black, who else dares to wear those colours these days?

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I loved about her (and Kwan's dresses) that they didn't look like baby ballerina. Look at this, powerful bold colours, nice details - who of the current crop wears dresses like that one? Or this one? Juliet inspires so many to go pink / white / light blue - but Cohen took a strong burgundy with golden details with an interesting cut. And this one is also one of my favourites, very simple actually, but so interesting because of the intense yellow with some black, who else dares to wear those colours these days?
Don't Yu-Na and Mao wear non-pastel costumes? Miki does, too, and Caro. But only Jenna McCorkell dares to wear pants ;).

I did like Sasha's R&J dress, but it was one of her few outfits I thought were flattering.

Last edited:

antmanb

Record Breaker
I like it. We all know it will never happen, but at least we can picture it... I do agree Sasha should skate an "I'm not an ice princess" program, like Caro's Riders on the Storm SP or Joannie's dominatrix-inspired Die Another Day EX. And she should skate in pants, not a tinier-than-what-Jessica-Dube-might-wear dress. And by pants, Ant, I mean the US version, though UK pants would also be advisable. :laugh:

:laugh: i'm sure that a Kat Witt violationwould be found if she was just in pants (UK version!). That would be a dream come true - Sasha skating in tousers (there you go, no confusion now) skating to the Matrix.

Actually the first costume (her SP from the Olympic season) was brought to my mind when i saw Ando's SP costume at worlds which I also really liked. That colour burgundy for Cohen's FS was also gorgeous.

But only Jenna McCorkell dares to wear pants ;).

She does look great - but i really loved Fumie's SP costume the year she was in trousers and a corset ( i think she may have also had long gloves) she looked amazing.

Ant

I just hope we are not jumping the gun here.

Does this announcement really mean that Sasha is coming back, or that she has postponed making a decisiion until Novemeber?

antmanb

Record Breaker
I just hope we are not jumping the gun here.

Does this announcement really mean that Sasha is coming back, or that she has postponed making a decisiion until Novemeber?

Personally I think three and a half years absence from the sport (for Sasha) is too long and the likelihood of injury when she resumes full training will be too high. She's having time off to shake tondonitis according to that article so i just wonder how much her body will hold up. We have no reports on the jumps she's landing in practice or anything like that. She won't work with her new coach until June, who's to say that the match is right. There are too many unknowns still at this point.

Ant

sillylionlove

Medalist
I for one am excited. I sure hope that she does well. And if she does go to Skate America..I will be so happy as the tickets for SA are in hand!!! I think she can do it and I never rule anyone out!!

Would she be able to do another GP? I think she might only be able to attend SA because she isn't a seeded skater.
If she skates SA, and Mao shows up, let the chips fall where they may. I might even try to get to Lake Placid. Wow, Mao, Miki, Caroline, Rachael all in one competition.

If she does well in SA, she may look threatening for US Nats, and the Olys.

RD - Will she be under pressure (your favorite word for MK)?

Last edited:

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
There's no way on earth we're going to have Caroline and Rachael both at Skate America.

Unless the USFSA has decided the Final doesn't matter.

NYscorp6

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Thank you Sasha! I'm so looking forward to your competitive comeback this year.
I've been a huge fan of ladies figure skating since 1988 and the battle of the Carmen's. You are a beautifull skater, please try and enjoy one final ride. I know I will!

There's no way on earth we're going to have Caroline and Rachael both at Skate America.

Unless the USFSA has decided the Final doesn't matter.
I've been saying that since day 1, but the gung ho fans want the top skaters at Skate America. Why? i dunno. I think it's got to seeing them on TV being more important than the competition. JMO.

mskater93

Record Breaker
If she skates SA, and Mao shows up, let the chips fall where they may. I might even try to get to Lake Placid. Wow, Mao, Miki, Caroline, Rachael all in one competition.

If she does well in SA, she may look threatening for US Nats, and the Olys.

RD - Will she be under pressure (your favorite word for MK)?

Mao and Rachel won't be in the same event - they are both seeded 4-6.

gocaroline

On the Ice
It would be exciting to see Sasha come back. I just hope there could be more than just GP in the fall, so more senior ladies can gain more experience for the coming season.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I´m happy to read about Sasha´s comeback!!! I´m not though as happy about her coaching choice. I have missed Sasha´s elegant skating so much....