Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Yuna, Mao and Sasha

Hybrid View

Medalist

Yuna, Mao and Sasha

Sasha's comeback is really a big news.
    And there should be a higher possibility that Sasha may have to compete with Yuna or Mao during the GP Series.
    And even Yuna and Mao together have the same chance.

What is your favorite picture, guys ?
    I personally hope SA invite Yuna again making a battle of Sasha and Yuna in an American rink.
    It should be a big match!

And who should be a better choice for Mao during the series?
    Yuna , Sasha or Joannie ?

The next season will be really HOT

Banned
    Ohh dear there will be NO battle between those three. More like the other two skating circles around Sasha.

Custom Title
    Sasha may have a chance to medal at US National, not likely at GP or Olympic or Worlds if Yuna, Mao, Miki, Joanne are present.

Quote Originally Posted by gocaroline View Post
    Sasha may have a chance to medal at US National, not likely at GP or Olympic or Worlds if Yuna, Mao, Miki, Joanne are present.
    Sasha can beat Joannie, who's not exactly perfect; Caro did it at the GPF, even with a so-so performance. I seriously doubt she can beat Mao; it would be more like Mao beating herself. There is no way Sasha can beat Yu-Na. The only way she doesn't finish behind her is if Yu-Na has to WD.

Caroline Zhang should have been included. She does everything Sasha does and more. Caroline will win her over in the Tech, definitely. The PC scores are, for me, quite subjective, but Caroline can hold her own.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Caroline Zhang should have been included. She does everything Sasha does and more. Caroline will win her over in the Tech, definitely. The PC scores are, for me, quite subjective, but Caroline can hold her own.
    Caroline is a lot like Sasha, it's true, but I don't recall any programs where she turned on the fireworks the way Sasha did in her Malaguena, Dark Eyes and Rachmaninov programs. You yourself have called Sasha a bravura skater. Caroline is not (yet). Wish she were - she's wonderful and exquisite, but a little monotonous.

.....and don't forget Rachael. Sasha will have stiff competition from both of these U.S. ladies in the tech department. But that is sport, we will have to wait and see how things play out and what Sasha can bring to the game. It will be very interesting indeed.

Custom Title
    Yes, in a way Caroline does remind me of Sasha sometimes, yet Caroline is very consistant. The only thing is Caroline always get low PCS score no matter how high her technical score is. I think judges may give Sasha an edge here.

Buttercup is right with Joanne. We will just have to see how Joanne perform the coming season. But I feel when Joanne is confident she is really brilliant.

Custom Title
    Mao, Yu-Na, and Joannie (and Miki and Carolina and even Laura) will come later. First, Sasha needs to compete against her fellow countrywomen. Rachael, Caroline, and Mirai are still works in progress. I'm not entirely convinced Sasha can do better than all of them.

Eien.
    sasha can't really compete with mao or yuna

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Mao easily beat Sasha back in 2005 and would do so again handily. Yu-na would be scored head and shoulders above Sasha. I don't see Sasha as that much of a threat to them, especially yu-na.

but as for the caroline and sasha comparison, in her defense, sasha was much better when she was 15 than caroline at 15. She had great speed and ice coverage compared to caroline, higher, tighter jumps and an understanding of the music and connection to the audience that you can't teach.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP_e7bKTAd4
    Last edited by Tinymavy15; 05-07-2009 at 10:43 PM.

Medalist

Acting career went down in flames.

Guess her buddies in Hollywood didn't think to much of her acting abilities but she is America's great (only?) hope right now for a podium presence. I think Mao and Yu Na will decimate her in competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill508 View Post
    Guess her buddies in Hollywood didn't think to much of her acting abilities but she is America's great (only?) hope right now for a podium presence. I think Mao and Yu Na will decimate her in competition.
    Her acting career is irrelevant to her skating comeback. She has a right to pursue other interests whatever they may be. Not everyone is successful in acting and there is not a thing wrong with trying. Geez the claws do come out along with the catty remarks when you don't like someone. Sad.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    Mao easily beat Sasha back in 2005 and would do so again handily.
    Yeah... Mao just looked so indomitable sitting in 4th place at Worlds.

Down With It
    ...and then the 75 point SP in the subsequent World Trophy.

Cohen would probably do low to mid 60's at best. Being an SP skater, she's already 10-15 points behind the leader(s). She absolutely would not be able to overcome that lead in the FS, not with the layout and mistakes she typically makes. Usually SHE's the one with the lead and loses it on the FS. Forget about winning...doing better than the other Americans should be her goal

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast