Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Yuna, Mao and Sasha

Medalist

Yuna, Mao and Sasha

Sasha's comeback is really a big news.
    And there should be a higher possibility that Sasha may have to compete with Yuna or Mao during the GP Series.
    And even Yuna and Mao together have the same chance.

What is your favorite picture, guys ?
    I personally hope SA invite Yuna again making a battle of Sasha and Yuna in an American rink.
    It should be a big match!

And who should be a better choice for Mao during the series?
    Yuna , Sasha or Joannie ?

The next season will be really HOT

Banned
    Ohh dear there will be NO battle between those three. More like the other two skating circles around Sasha.

Custom Title
    Sasha may have a chance to medal at US National, not likely at GP or Olympic or Worlds if Yuna, Mao, Miki, Joanne are present.

Quote Originally Posted by gocaroline View Post
    Sasha may have a chance to medal at US National, not likely at GP or Olympic or Worlds if Yuna, Mao, Miki, Joanne are present.
    Sasha can beat Joannie, who's not exactly perfect; Caro did it at the GPF, even with a so-so performance. I seriously doubt she can beat Mao; it would be more like Mao beating herself. There is no way Sasha can beat Yu-Na. The only way she doesn't finish behind her is if Yu-Na has to WD.

Caroline Zhang should have been included. She does everything Sasha does and more. Caroline will win her over in the Tech, definitely. The PC scores are, for me, quite subjective, but Caroline can hold her own.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Caroline Zhang should have been included. She does everything Sasha does and more. Caroline will win her over in the Tech, definitely. The PC scores are, for me, quite subjective, but Caroline can hold her own.
    Caroline is a lot like Sasha, it's true, but I don't recall any programs where she turned on the fireworks the way Sasha did in her Malaguena, Dark Eyes and Rachmaninov programs. You yourself have called Sasha a bravura skater. Caroline is not (yet). Wish she were - she's wonderful and exquisite, but a little monotonous.

.....and don't forget Rachael. Sasha will have stiff competition from both of these U.S. ladies in the tech department. But that is sport, we will have to wait and see how things play out and what Sasha can bring to the game. It will be very interesting indeed.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    Caroline is a lot like Sasha, it's true, but I don't recall any programs where she turned on the fireworks the way Sasha did in her Malaguena, Dark Eyes and Rachmaninov programs. You yourself have called Sasha a bravura skater. Caroline is not (yet). Wish she were - she's wonderful and exquisite, but a little monotonous.
    I think what we gotta keep in mind is Caroline was 15 this year. Sasha was no where near that level in 2000. Caroline is on her way up and I believe she'll be a front runner in the next quad (barring injury.) Caroline has the horrid mulekick, flutz and wobbly flip take off. Sasha has a flutz and iffy edges, but over all her jumps ARE better (namely 2axle.) But Caroline does have a 3flip/3toe, and was credited at the WTT thing, so if she can get that rotated, has a huge edge technically over Sasha. I think they are about even in spins and spirals-I wonder if Caroline actually has a slight edge in spins, namely layback. Sasha definitely has the edge in PCS. If Caroline can improve her speed, she can close that gap, mulekick and all.

I wonder if sasha will stick the her old SP jumps, or think about a 3f/2t, 3lp, 2a layout to stay away from an "e" call.

I wonder where most think Rachel fits in in these discussions-I would enjoy seeing her win 2010 Nationals! ((That is if no Michelle and if Caroline doesn't win!)

Custom Title
    Yes, in a way Caroline does remind me of Sasha sometimes, yet Caroline is very consistant. The only thing is Caroline always get low PCS score no matter how high her technical score is. I think judges may give Sasha an edge here.

Buttercup is right with Joanne. We will just have to see how Joanne perform the coming season. But I feel when Joanne is confident she is really brilliant.

Custom Title
    I will be happy to see Sasha at National, brings her top game and deliver a solid brilliant 7 triple LP. I wouldn't have any issue with whoever makes the Olympic team as long as the judging is fair and square (Is this wish too-unrealistic?)

I forgot Caroline is only 15 now. And she is already very talented artistically. And her technique, mule-kick or not, is solid and consistant without doubt. She is growing into a graceful senior lady. And I sincerely hope she and Rachel will make the Olympic team

Custom Title
    I am not up to making predictions or analyses at the moment, but I will say that we are very rich in the ladies discipline now. I think we are all very fortunate to have such a fine, high-level competitive field in this segment of the sport. It is almost an embarrassment of riches, because no matter who wins what, some of those who do not win will be of such high calibre, that it will seem a shame not to have more positions than just three on the podium.

Custom Title
    Mao, Yu-Na, and Joannie (and Miki and Carolina and even Laura) will come later. First, Sasha needs to compete against her fellow countrywomen. Rachael, Caroline, and Mirai are still works in progress. I'm not entirely convinced Sasha can do better than all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by MKFSfan View Post
    I wonder where most think Rachel fits in in these discussions-I would enjoy seeing her win 2010 Nationals!
    I would, too, for the simple reason that she wuzrobbed in both 2008 and 2009.

Eien.
    sasha can't really compete with mao or yuna

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by gocaroline View Post
    Caroline always get low PCS score no matter how high her technical score is.
    I agree with you.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast