Clay Aiken's New CD | Golden Skate

Clay Aiken's New CD

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Okay folks, Clay's first new CD is coming out I believe next Tuesday.......can't wait........has anyone pre-ordered it?? 42

NanSinger2

On the Ice
Clay's CD

I'm looking forward to it. His version of Bridge Over Troubled Water has been very comforting to me as of late.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I CAN HARDLY WAIT!!!!!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo getting up early to get my copy! :)

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
CB.......I checked Amazon, and Clay's CD is number two on the list. I'm thinking that if I pre-order now, I might not get it by Tuesday.......I'll take my chances at Target. Does anyone know what songs will be included besides "Bridge Over Trouble Waters"? 42

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
The song list is out there somewhere but unfortunately, I can't think of any websites to help you find it. Does anyone have a good website for getting the song list?! I have only seen people talking about it at other boards. :sheesh:

I can't wait for ClayDay though.....aka, Tuesday.....LOL :laugh:

CB1AB2

Medalist
Try foxesonidol.com I go on the site a lot. It has american idol and other fox shows on it. It has really good articles.
It's worth taking a look at=I think anyway.

cb

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Clay Aiken's official website might have it, I don't have time to check it right now but it's at...

http://www.clayaiken.com

I know there's at least one "Christian Song" set to be on it, Clay plans to have at least one on everyone of his solo albums :)

Blade1

On the Ice
KwanFan1212 said:
The song list is out there somewhere

Here's the list of the songs on his up and coming album:

1. Invisible
2. I Will Carry You
3. The Way
4. When You Say You Love Me
5. No More Sad Songs
6. Run To Me
7. Shine
8. I Survived You
9. This Is The Night
10. Perfect Day
11. Measure Of A Man
12. Touch

I can NOT wait for this album to come out. I never did "pre" order it because I'll just pick it up at the local music store, I'm sure there will be pleanty for all. And its cheaper for me as well.

Clay had his interview on Primetime On Thurs. and it was excellent. I just love Clay, and he's so honest with all his answers he gives. Its sad that he did go through a bad time growning up with his father etc.. and the loss of his sister, however he is a very strong person from what I can see, and I am just loving this guy more and more each and everytime I see him. What tallent.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I've been playing Clay's new song "Invisible" from his website....I really like it. It's got a great beat and of course, he sounds amazing. Can't wait to hear the other songs on "Clay Day" Tuesday.............42

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Blade1 said:
Here's the list of the songs on his up and coming album:

1. Invisible
2. I Will Carry You
3. The Way
4. When You Say You Love Me
5. No More Sad Songs
6. Run To Me
7. Shine
8. I Survived You
9. This Is The Night
10. Perfect Day
11. Measure Of A Man
12. Touch

I can NOT wait for this album to come out. I never did "pre" order it because I'll just pick it up at the local music store, I'm sure there will be pleanty for all. And its cheaper for me as well.

Clay had his interview on Primetime On Thurs. and it was excellent. I just love Clay, and he's so honest with all his answers he gives. Its sad that he did go through a bad time growning up with his father etc.. and the loss of his sister, however he is a very strong person from what I can see, and I am just loving this guy more and more each and everytime I see him. What tallent.

ok here's a question DID YOU TAPE IT??????????? I only saw the teaser on ET and I want so bad to hear about this sister that was virtually unknown until now by Clay fans! :(

Blade1

On the Ice
Tonichelle said:
ok here's a question DID YOU TAPE IT??????????? I only saw the teaser on ET and I want so bad to hear about this sister that was virtually unknown until now by Clay fans! :(

Unfortunetly I didn't tape the show. Sorry about that. I actually was able to watch it at 1:00am because we have a dish. And I work nights, and wasn't able to watch it at 10:00est. So was able to watch the feed from the west coast, when it aired at 1:00am.

The story about his sister was extreamly touching. Clay was very honest in everything he said during his entire interview.

Clay's sister committed suicide and did shoot herself, for what reason, they don't know today. Clay did change his name to "Aiken" his mother's madine name, and apparently people in his family were extreamly upset when he decided to do that. He did recieve a call from his sister just before she died, and he thought she was calling to lace into him about changing the name as well. But never said a word, and that was the last conversation he ever had with her, and was told the next day that she was gone.

It was very touching and moving. I'm sure there are transcripts on some Clay Aiken website that you could read. I hope that overview I gave will help.

BTW, for your information Clay is on Jay Leno tonight.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I just got back from Target with "Measure of a Man"......they only had two copies left! I'm listening my way through it. I really like the songs, but am surprised that there are no "tried and true" songs. I was anxious to hear him sing some of the "standards"..oh well, maybe his next CD........this one is really good, though.......Did anyone see him on Jay Leno? I taped it and watched it this morning!! 42

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I am not sure what you mean by "tried and true" but to be honest I spent 13(regular 17 but he was on sale... and almost gone at 11:30am yesterday morning... congrats CLAY!) bucks for a cd that I only--so far--swoon over 4 songs for LOL

"The Way" , "Shine" , "This Is The Night" , and "Measure of a Man" (Which now I'm thinking is not his Christian Song... but that "Shine" is... but being as how he hasn't said which one they both work so I dunno LOL)

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Hey Toni.......the more I play it, the more I like it........by tried and true and mean some of the familiar songs.........the ones he sang on American Idol........"Solitaire", "Vincent", etc......42

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
I caught Clay this morning on Good Morning America. He was wonderful. I haven't had a chance to pick up the CD, and now I'm afraid there won't be any left by the time I get to the store!

I almost missed his performance this a.m.! I was at the gym watching TV while plodding along on the treadmill. when they said he'd be on later on GMA. For some reason, by the time I got home, I told my husband that I had to watch The Today Show because Clay would be on! At 8:30 I realized my mistake and switched channels, turned up the volume and went to work on my computer. Ten or so minutes later, I heard "The Voice" and came a runnin'! Phew! That was close!
:love:

Blade1

On the Ice
I picked up Clay's CD today and I've got to say I'm loving it. And I am sure that I will be listening to it non stop on my way to Hamilton this weekend when I attend Gotta Skate.

I saw Clay on Jay Monday and I've got to say that I love his interaction and the way he moves when he sings Invisiable.

On ET Tues. they did have a little story about "A Day With Clay" and they showed a click on him shooting the video for "Invisiable" and again, loved what I saw, and how he worked the audience and his fans, interacting with everyone.

He's awesome, and I can't wait till he starts touring, for I will be definitly getting my hands on those tickets.