Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: USOC/NBC Olympic promo photo shoot

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    it looks like only Team A an Team B were invited..
    All the Team A envelope skaters (except for Denney/Barrett in pairs) and 3 Team B ladies (3rd-5th at Nats) were at the shoot, plus Cohen.

Ladies at the shoot: Cohen, Czisny, Flatt, Nagasu, Wagner, Zhang
    Men: Abbott, Lysacek, Mroz, Weir
    Pair: McLaughlin/Brubaker
    Dance: Belbin/Agosto, Davis/White

ETA: I should add that I don't know why some skaters may not have been invited to the shoot.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-16-2009 at 01:13 PM.

Custom Title
    Thanks for explaining that, Sylvia, as I was a bit disappointed not to see Emily Hughes and Samuelson & Bates, though I originally thought Johnny Weir was Emily when I saw him with the fur on his head.

All the skaters look lovely; I'm glad they got the opportunity to partake in such an enjoyable event.

Custom Title
    Kimmie wasn't at Nationals, so I assume that is why she was not invited. Sasha hasn't competed in forever, but she's the reigning Olympic silver medalist and a rather familiar face, so I imagine that's the only reason she got invited. Clearly, she hasn't done anything since 2006 to justify getting invited to this. I think it's jumping the gun, but NBC is probably drooling over this potential comeback story.

Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    Maybe because she is the reigning Olympic Silver Medalist. What really bothers me is that Kimmie was not invited but she is Team C and it looks like only Team A an Team B were invited..
    they did the same thing four years ago, IIRC... and a lot of those that did the media summitt didn't make the team...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    I only hope that NBC also likes Caroline and that for once her marks at Natls will reflect what she is doing on the ice.
    Well, Caroline got shafted the last two nationals .... by two totally different methods. I hope she gets judged fairly next year. And if that's not possible, then it's the sport's loss.

The pictures of all the skaters look very nice. But some of them, especially Caroline's, look like a little too much Photoshop was used.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by PolymerBob View Post
    The pictures of all the skaters look very nice. But some of them, especially Caroline's, look like a little too much Photoshop was used.
    Really? I thought they pretty much all look like they normally do.

Minusaramadad from Arctaroon John King's Avatar

Promotional photoshoot for 2010

Go to http://www.daylife.com/search/photos...er+promotional for a photoshoot of 2010 hopefuls. Must say, Rachael Flatt has never looked cuter or more adorable.
    Last edited by John King; 05-17-2009 at 11:22 PM.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Wow Weir looks amazing

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by John King View Post
    Go to http://www.daylife.com/search/photos...er+promotional for a photoshoot of 2010 hopefuls. Must say, Rachael Flatt has never looked cuter or more adorable.
    Thanks for the link. I agree about Rachael. Evan's are amazing too! In fact they all look great! Smashbox does good work! Course it doesn't hurt that they have great subjects to shoot!

^ Seriously, they all look like movie stars.

Custom Title
    They do all look amazing! And Alissa is the most photogenic IMO She can do any commercial with that bright smile!

Custom Title
    Who is Davis and White's "handler," Geff? Is he their agent?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing

What agents are still in the sport?

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by gocaroline View Post
    And Alissa is the most photogenic IMO She can do any commercial with that bright smile!
    Yet there's something about her that doesn't make me go Wow. From my POV, anyway. Alyssa's obviously takes good pics, but something else is there that I can't put my finger on. oh well.

Down With It
    Actually, after having the privilege of viewing the high-res versions of the photos, I now see why Caroline looks "older" than usual. It's the make-up on her face- it's darker (I don't know what that stuff's called)

Same with Mirai Nagasu

Tripping on the Podium
    i cant see mirai

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast