USOC/NBC Olympic promo photo shoot | Golden Skate

USOC/NBC Olympic promo photo shoot

:rock: Great picture of Ashley Wagner and Prisilla Hill. :yes:

Who is Davis and White's "handler," Geff? Is he their agent?

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Wow. Sasha wasted no time being part of the olympic team! She looks adorable...like a little girl again. Caroline looks quite the young lady...amazing what a little eye makeup will do.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I like Rachel Flatt's photos best, overall speaking. Just radiating positive vibes.

Zhang and Nagasu look slightly older in their pics. maybe it's the make-up

Alyssa is a good-looking girl. Tanith is HOT :love:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Nice photos thanks for the links. All of the skaters look great.
Love Tanith's shoes.

eta: Where is Kimmie?

Last edited:

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
They really should hire Alissa Czisny for a toothpaste commercial. Pretty smile!

janetfan

Match Penalty
Alissa is a very pretty girl. Like the "girl next door" type.
I thought Caroline looked very nice too, love her long dark hair.

evangeline

Record Breaker
Whoa! Caroline looks...older? In my mind's eye, she's still that tiny little girl that took the JGP by the storm and had to literally climb up the podium...

pista04

On the Ice
One must admit...Team USA is pretty hot in general. =D Very nice shots from Cohen, Zhang and Wagner!

feraina

Record Breaker
Caroline is looking more and more like her older sister, who's very beautiful and elegant. And also very tall! Is Caroline going to keep growing taller? What if by the Olympics she's taller than Mao, Yuna, and Miki?? I think pretty soon she's going to be the tallest U.S. ladies skater. Her sister once said that the only skater who didn't make her feel like a giant was Carolina Kostner.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I think a few of the female athletes in other sports are hotter than the figure skaters though :p

merrybari

Final Flight
Great pix! Thanks for the link. Question? How is it that Sasha WAS invited? Hmmm??? That's making some HUGE assumptions, imo.

janetfan

Match Penalty
I am sure NBC wanted Sasha there for the shoot. I bet NBC has already sent the judges for U$ Natls new Rolex / Cartier watches. Sasha will have to skate very badly at Nationals not to be selected for the Olympic team.
I only hope that NBC also likes Caroline and that for once her marks at Natls will reflect what she is doing on the ice.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Great pix! Thanks for the link. Question? How is it that Sasha WAS invited? Hmmm??? That's making some HUGE assumptions, imo.

Maybe because she is the reigning Olympic Silver Medalist. What really bothers me is that Kimmie was not invited but she is Team C and it looks like only Team A an Team B were invited..

Sylvia

Record Breaker
it looks like only Team A an Team B were invited..
All the Team A envelope skaters (except for Denney/Barrett in pairs) and 3 Team B ladies (3rd-5th at Nats) were at the shoot, plus Cohen.

Ladies at the shoot: Cohen, Czisny, Flatt, Nagasu, Wagner, Zhang
Men: Abbott, Lysacek, Mroz, Weir
Pair: McLaughlin/Brubaker
Dance: Belbin/Agosto, Davis/White

ETA: I should add that I don't know why some skaters may not have been invited to the shoot.

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Thanks for explaining that, Sylvia, as I was a bit disappointed not to see Emily Hughes and Samuelson & Bates, though I originally thought Johnny Weir was Emily when I saw him with the fur on his head. :)

All the skaters look lovely; I'm glad they got the opportunity to partake in such an enjoyable event.:agree:

gold12345

Medalist
Kimmie wasn't at Nationals, so I assume that is why she was not invited. Sasha hasn't competed in forever, but she's the reigning Olympic silver medalist and a rather familiar face, so I imagine that's the only reason she got invited. Clearly, she hasn't done anything since 2006 to justify getting invited to this. I think it's jumping the gun, but NBC is probably drooling over this potential comeback story.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Maybe because she is the reigning Olympic Silver Medalist. What really bothers me is that Kimmie was not invited but she is Team C and it looks like only Team A an Team B were invited..

they did the same thing four years ago, IIRC... and a lot of those that did the media summitt didn't make the team...

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
I only hope that NBC also likes Caroline and that for once her marks at Natls will reflect what she is doing on the ice.

Well, Caroline got shafted the last two nationals .... by two totally different methods. I hope she gets judged fairly next year. And if that's not possible, then it's the sport's loss.

The pictures of all the skaters look very nice. But some of them, especially Caroline's, look like a little too much Photoshop was used.