Lysacek, McLaughlin/Brubaker part of the Coca-Cola "Six-Pack" | Golden Skate

Lysacek, McLaughlin/Brubaker part of the Coca-Cola "Six-Pack"

FSOWebmaster

On the Ice
Lysacek, McLaughlin/Brubaker part of the Coca-Cola "Six-Pack"

From http://www.evanlysacek.com

May 16, 2009 — Evan and a diverse group of talented Olympic Champions and Olympic hopefuls are joining forces as part of the Coca-Cola "Six-Pack" of Athletes for the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games. The athletes will also serve as Coca-Cola "Ambassadors of Active Living" to help encourage and inspire people to lead active, balanced lives.

The Coca-Cola "Six-Pack" will be featured on special in-store materials in January and February, 2010 to help Coca-Cola celebrate the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Games.

Joining Evan in the "Six Pack" are two-time U.S. Champions in pair skating Keauna McLaughlin and Rockne Brubaker, the only other skaters to partner with Coca-Cola. Also included are snowboarder Gretchen Bleiler, silver medalist in women's half-pipe; speed skater Apolo Anton Ohno, five-time Olympic medalist in men's short track; and ice hockey player Angela Ruggiero, three-time Olympic medalist in women’s ice hockey.

This is the second consecutive Olympic Games that Coca-Cola has featured a "Six-Pack" of Athletes as part of the brand’s Olympic program. The Coca-Cola "Six-Pack" who competed in Beijing in 2008 brought home 14 Olympic medals and encouraged countless across the U.S. to live positively. The group included, Natalie Coughlin, LeBron James, Shawn Johnson, Steven Lopez, Andy Potts and Sanya Richards.

For more on Evan Lysacek, visit his official Web site at http://www.evanlysacek.com. Keauna McLaughlin and Rockne Brubaker's official Web site is at http://www.figureskatersonline.com/mclaughlin-brubaker/.

It seems NBC is hauling in it's sponsors by getting Coca Cola to advertise for it. It's also nice they are using other disciplines and not just the Ladies.. They have the know how to get ratings. Good.

FSOWebmaster

On the Ice
To clarify, these athletes signed independent sponsorship deals with Coca-Cola, which is a proud sponsor of the U.S. Olympic Team (via the U.S. Olympic Committee). The deals are not connected to NBC.

It's also nice they are using other disciplines and not just the Ladies.

It does seem to be a sea change in the advertising focus of the Winter Games. Besides Keauna McLaughlin -- a tough cookie in her own right -- the ladies represented are a rough-and-tumble hockey defenseman (defenseperson?) and a hellcat on the halfpipe.

No pretty girls in pink dresses this time around.

Nadine

Record Breaker
This is great news!:clap:

I'm sincerely happy to read when skaters get endorsements, as I'm sure they need every penny to defray the expensive cost of this sport, especially in these tough economical times.

So my hat goes off to the following (thus far, I'm not in the know to how many have endorsements, hope there are more):

Lysacek and M&B (Cocoa Cola)
Rachael Flatt (Cosmetic deal, think it's Maybelline?)
Yukari Nakano (she finally got an endorsement from Prince Worlds?; same one that endorsed Midori Ito)

I'm sure I don't have to list names like Yuna Kim & Mao Asada & Miki Ando, as I know they all have huge endorsement deals overseas. And I think I read recently that Joannie Rochette just recently got a huge endorsement, but I can't remember by whom. And I'm sure there are others as well. Keep 'em coming!:love:

FSOWebmaster

On the Ice
Evan Lysacek has endorsement deals with Coca-Cola, AT&T and Total Gym. Keauna McLaughlin and Rockne Brubaker have a deal with Coca-Cola. Rachael Flatt has an endorsement deal with MAC Cosmetics. Johnny Weir has an endorsement with Zuca.

^ But you could also look at it this way. Ice skating got three out of six in the six-pack. Four out of six if you count speed skating.

Alas for the ski jumpers, lugers, and people on snowshoes shooting guns.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Well, that's true. I wonder whether there will be any Vermont national guardsmen on the biathlon team this year? They used to train on the land next to my old home in VT. I lived on a road called "Range Road" because the rifle range for the national guard & General Electric was on it.

gold12345

Medalist

lcd

Match Penalty
Maybe they're saving the ice dancers for the "2 liter bottle" campaign ;)

Puts some pressure I should think on M/B to put it out there! The other 6-packers have ...I'm sure they can.