Duhamel and Buntin Close to the Top | Golden Skate

Duhamel and Buntin Close to the Top

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Meagan Duhamel, 23, and Craig Buntin, 28, have risen close to the top in pairs in their two years together. The couple won the bronze medal at Canadians in 2008 and improved to silver in 2009, actually winning the short program over 2008 world bronze medalists Jessica Dube and Bryce Davison. [More]

~tapdancer

On the Ice
I love this team! Much more than D&D and L/H. They have a fire the other two don't have. I especially love Meagan, her smile and enthusiasm is wonderful to see. And Craig seems like he genuinely enjoys skating with her. That was a great article on them. I love how they have their goals set so high and I believe they can achieve them. I hope they keep skating together for a while!

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They probably won't continue to skate beyond the 2009-2010 season, as Craig turns 29 this month and he has had his share of injuries, including his recent shoulder problem.

feraina

Record Breaker
I love this team! Her energy and enthusiasm is infectious (to Craig and to the audience alike).

Well, Craig said in the interview that they will continue beyond 2009-2010 if they haven't peaked yet. They should be Canadian #1 by then, since D&D are looking rocky and most likely won't last beyond 2010.

There are the top Teams and there are the challengers. Duhamel/Buntin are definitely a challenging team if any of the Top Teams slip up.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes, D/B are challengers for the Vancouver podium, but so are Pang / Tong, Mukhortova / Trankov, Volosohar / Morozov and Dube / Davison, all of whom finished ahead of D/B at '09 Worlds.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Anyway, since when does finishing 8th at Worlds classify as "close to the top"? Duhamel / Buntin slipped two places from 2008 Worlds, where they were 6th---and that was with Craig's bad shoulder.

evangeline

Record Breaker
^^^

Well, 8th is closer to the top than 9th...and I suppose the title would be a lot less exciting and attractive to readers if it was "Duhamel and Buntin Are Sort of Close, But Not Really, To The Top." :)

visaliakid

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Anyway, since when does finishing 8th at Worlds classify as "close to the top"? Duhamel / Buntin slipped two places from 2008 Worlds, where they were 6th---and that was with Craig's bad shoulder.

They're way closer to the top than any of us here! :rofl:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^

Well, 8th is closer to the top than 9th...and I suppose the title would be a lot less exciting and attractive to readers if it was "Duhamel and Buntin Are Sort of Close, But Not Really, To The Top." :)

And guess who was in 9th---Denney and Barrett, in their first appearance at Worlds. So if D/B are "close to the top", Denney / Barrett aren't far behind....

gold12345

Medalist
They're way closer to the top than any of us here! :rofl:

haha, seriously. 8th in the world in anything is close to the top in my book. Maybe they aren't medal favorites or serious medal threats, but you never know what can happen. It's not like a lot of the pairs in front of them are the most consistent skaters we've ever seen. The pairs field was stronger this year than last year, so 8th is still pretty good.

Last edited: