Just a Question | Golden Skate

Just a Question

katiedear

Rinkside
So all of you think Sasha, Emily, Kimmie, and Michelle will all try to win at Nationals and make a try for the Olympics? Could this be a great idea or one where all the skating looks bad? I imagine everyone looking fat and falling and falling.

No, I don't think any of those skaters will be at Nationals, except possibly Kimmie. I think the U.S. ladies Olympic team will be Rachael and Caroline, with Mirai as the possible spoiler.

Just my opinion. :)

Alicja

On the Ice
No, I don't think any of those skaters will be at Nationals, except possibly Kimmie. I think the U.S. ladies Olympic team will be Rachael and Caroline, with Mirai as the possible spoiler.

Just my opinion. :)

I hope you're right, at least concerning the Olympic team.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Sasha gets a bye to nationals as an Olympic medallist in 2006. So if she wants to be at nationals, she will be there.

Sasha gets a bye to nationals as an Olympic medallist in 2006. So if she wants to be at nationals, she will be there.

Even so, I do not expect to see her there.

But if she does go, she won't be fat, as the original poster fears. :)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I find it laughable that any of the ladies/women mentioned would be considered fat.

There are so many Sasha fans and it will be nice for them to see her compete again. If it's just Nationals, so be it. If it's Olys, Sasha will be delighted.

nylynnr

On the Ice
I don't expect any of the ladies competing at nationals to look fat, but if the past is any guide there will be plenty of fat fans, myself included, in attendance. A few of us may even fall.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Minus an injury, I expect Cohen to be at Nationals.

I think NBC hopes/expects for Sasha to be at SA, Nationals and at Olympics.
Does anyone think that may have an effect on the judging if Nationals are close?

And Sasha fat:rofl: She is looking pretty hot to me these days.

Last edited:
I think NBC hopes/expects for Sasha to be at SA, Nationals and at Olympics.

Publicity is a funny thing. NBC wants Sasha because Sasha gets a lot of publicity. Therefore NBC will give Sasha lots of publicity. Therefore... Like a celebrity who is famous for being famous.

The other thing that could happen is that someone else -- Caroline Z? -- might step it up on the fall circuit. I don't think NBC cares exactly which ice princess will melt our hearts and glue us to our television sets, as long as we can settle on one before February.

And Sasha fat. :rofl:

Here's the roly-poly little butterball in her most recent picture on the Stars on Ice site.

http://www.starsonice.com/client_images/starsonice/9_e73d452734c2eb0d5443fad38179ac59.jpg

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
The other thing that could happen is that someone else -- Caroline Z? -- might step it up on the fall circuit. I don't think NBC cares exactly which ice princess will melt our hearts and glue us to our television sets, as long as we can settle on one before February.

Not too convinced. NBC tends to ride the star horse until it collapses and they're FORCED to scramble to find someone else to build. They do it in practically all the sports they've televised. As far as FS/Olympics goes: They did it for Kwan in 2006. They tried to do that for Kimmie at 2008 Nationals until she just didn't deliver. Then,in 2009 NBC had no choice but to just cover Nats as a "free-for-all" event since there was no clear front runner. For Worlds, since there was no American lady in contention, the event barely got any promotion- only ads I saw were during a gymnastics telecast and once during the golf tournament that was on the day of the broadcast.

Count on NBC to ride Sasha into their figureskating coverage at Nationals and the Olympics. They'll milk her name until she announces that withdrawal from the competition, just like with MK. They've been very good with balanced coverage of the competitions; my only hope is that balance is not disrupted.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I like the tights over the boots on very few skaters... Angela Nikodinov being one of those...

and Sasha is stunning. 'nuf said. I wish I could be "fat" like her.

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
In skating, as in many other sports, cream floats to the top. What is hard for us to imagine right now is that there will probably WILL be a front runner before Nationals. This season, the cream that floated was Rachael and Caroline. If they tear up the Grand Prix this fall, they will be the front runners and will be the Olympic ladies team, even with a less than stellar Nationals.

If they falter, then there may not be front runners.

lcd

Match Penalty
If NBC really had their dreams a spinnin' they would get Dara Torres to mentor Michelle :rock::agree::clap::cool: