Dorothy offering skating fantasy camp | Golden Skate

Dorothy offering skating fantasy camp

icebarre

Spectator
Dorothy Hamill's website is apparently back up...dorothyhamill.com

She is offering a skating camp for older skaters (age 21 and up).
There is also a clip of her up on Youtube, describing the camp.

I have been checking out Dorothy's site since it went down (in 2002?), and it is finally back up! (Persistence pays off!)

Nadine

Record Breaker
Thanks, icebarre, for the update! :)

Ah, looking at her site brings back so many wonderful memories from yesteryear, she started it all.

I'll never forget back in 2000 I gave the skaters a bunch of gifts to show how much I appreciated their wonderful skating that evening, and months later I received a beautiful personally autographed 12 x 12 photo of Dorothy, thanking me for the gorgeous angel doll I had given her, which had golden gossamer wings. But that's Dorothy, always kind, nice, appreciative, a true angel.

I'm not surprised that all the skaters I have loved most have that joie de vivre of Dorothy Hamill.

One of my favorite quotes contains a mention of Dorothy; written by her greatest fan, the late great Jim McKay:

As I sat watching with my wife ~ Margaret ~ in the arena, I sensed with the others in the crowd early in her program that this was something special. The small figure on the ice reminded me of Tinkerbell; she was half human, half mythical. She was Peggy Fleming at Grenoble in '68, Dorothy Hamill at Innsbruck in '76. - Jim McKay commenting on Sarah Hughes 2002 Olympic FS

icebarre

Spectator
LOL!

I guess I should have said "for older kids, age 21 and up!"
I'm only a few years younger than Dorothy myself!

Pixie Cut

On the Ice
That is a wonderful thing she is doing. I would love to go to that camp, myself! :)

Wonderful? Did you see the price tag?

I think the only fantasy is that enough people will have that kind of money in this economy. Should be interesting to see how it turns out.

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
Wonderful? Did you see the price tag?

I think the only fantasy is that enough people will have that kind of money in this economy. Should be interesting to see how it turns out.

No, I didn't see it. BUT I do like the idea of the camp.

sillylionlove

Medalist
The fantasy part is that you have to win the lottery to afford to be able to go. In this economy I can't imagine that many people would go...but then again......there are some people that would probably sell their house just to be able to go or send their kid there.

Pixie Cut

On the Ice
Well, that's about the same cost as a guided tour.

What kind of guided tours are you taking? The best of five star hotels?

There are guided tours to major destinations in the $3,000 range, including airfare. This fantasy camp isn't in Paris. It's Nantucket.

Ice Princess

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I was happy to see that her site was "turned on" and saw the info on the camp and of course I would want to go, because she was one of my main inspirations to skate, but can't afford it! :disapp: I thought you have to be rich! I thought good luck in getting people in this time of the economy. I'm glad I did Snapple Skate With The Stars in the past, because it was cheaper!;)