Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Mirai Nagasu

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Groshkova View Post
    There has been some rumbling that Mirai changed coaches. Does anyone know if this is correct?
    I have not seen this posted anywhere else. Are you able to divulge the source of this rumbling?

I won't be surprised if Mirai has left Charlene. Their on-air interactions always seemed rather cool to me.

Her competitors should be seriously worried if Mirai finds a coach who can help get her UR problems sorted out. Now, if only someone could steer Caroline (Happy 16th Birthday, by the way! ) in the right direction as well.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sillylionlove View Post
    If she did change coaches it will be interesting to see who her new coach is...but I am sure that the USFSA will make an official announcement once it's official.
    It's official. Check icenetwork.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by nylynnr View Post
    It's official. Check icenetwork.
    Thanks. I found it:

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

Interesting, and I think Carroll is an excellent choice for her. I guess this ends the speculation that Michelle would resume competitive training with him.

Mirai and Evan sharing practice time together...somehow, I can see this working.

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusia View Post
    Thanks. I found it:

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

Interesting, and I think Carroll is an excellent choice for her. I guess this ends the speculation that Michelle would resume competitive training with him.

Mirai and Evan sharing practice time together...somehow, I can see this working.

Very good and exciting news! I hope it works out and Mirai has a great season.
    And daring to get off topic for a sec - wishing Caroline a happy 16th.

Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Mentioning Linda always brings back memories of one of the worst cases of Soviet led bloc voting in Olympic history. Linda wuz robbed in 1980 and only a sellout from the judges gave the mediocre E.German skater the Gold medal. I mean what a joke that Linda was placed second.

I see Mirai as having some wonderful qualities and would think Frank might be good for her. As far as teaching, Frank has already taught two of the best ladies of their respective eras in Linda and Michelle so there should be little doubt he knows how to coach.
    Frank was also a student of the great Maribel Owen and I like the idea of Mirai being part of this grand American skating lineage.
    Wow, I don't think I've seen one single response that misses the point of the post he/she was replying to, more.
    Last edited by shine; 05-20-2009 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    Wow, I don't think I've seen one response that misses the point of the post he/she was replying to more.

Except in retrospect the post turned out to be somewhat intuitive.
    But I see your point and appreciate your friendly words. Thankyou for your advice.
    Mirai and Frank,,,,should be interesting. I gues it's OK to say that now

It's a good news, at least for me. I love Charlene but I wasn't really sure how good of a coach she was. To me Mirai hasn't gotten any better for a few years.. pretty much since Charlene became her main coach...

I don't think commuting to Frank's rink is that bad. It's 33 miles from her parent's restaurant to Frank's ice rink.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    WOW. I think this is a really good move. I hope that I see her soon, as I skate at Frank's rink. I am pretty sure that Bebe has no plans to continue competing if this is the case.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    WOW. I think this is a really good move. I hope that I see her soon, as I skate at Frank's rink. I am pretty sure that Bebe has no plans to continue competing if this is the case.
    Is Bebe still training?

Mirai and Frank,,,,should be interesting. I gues it's OK to say that now
    i.m.o. not the right match. We'll see.

Keeper of Bab's Death Stare... nubka's Avatar
    Quote: Joesitz:
    "I have watched that Sorcerer's Apprentice program for several yeas and it was quite obvious that Bebe was not going to land that 3Flip in that same spot each time. All he had to do was change it and put it somewhere else. I wondered if he cared."

I enjoy your posts and was just doing what you were doing - expressing an opinion. Your remark about whether Frank cared - not so sublime - but if I misunderstood what you meant to say perhaps you could explain what you did mean?
    The master never explains, only reveals...

Custom Title
    Has BeBe made an announcement on her sit that she's retiring? maybe she'll be changing coaches too...dunno.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Groshkova View Post
    Is Bebe still training?
    I have not seen her around the rink, but I have been skating earlier in the mornings now, so she was never around the rink at that time.

Down With It
    This is a good move for her IMO.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Mentioning Linda always brings back memories of one of the worst cases of Soviet led bloc voting in Olympic history. Linda wuz robbed in 1980 and only a sellout from the judges gave the mediocre E.German skater the Gold medal. I mean what a joke that Linda was placed second.
    Emi Watanabe was better than both of them. She was so overlooked.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast