Mirai Nagasu | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Mirai Nagasu

janetfan

Match Penalty
Wow, I don't think I've seen one response that misses the point of the post he/she was replying to more.

Except in retrospect the post turned out to be somewhat intuitive:).
But I see your point and appreciate your friendly words. Thankyou for your advice.
Mirai and Frank,,,,should be interesting. I gues it's OK to say that now:biggrin:

ks777

Record Breaker
It's a good news, at least for me. I love Charlene but I wasn't really sure how good of a coach she was. To me Mirai hasn't gotten any better for a few years.. pretty much since Charlene became her main coach...

I don't think commuting to Frank's rink is that bad. It's 33 miles from her parent's restaurant to Frank's ice rink.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
WOW. I think this is a really good move. I hope that I see her soon, as I skate at Frank's rink. I am pretty sure that Bebe has no plans to continue competing if this is the case.

nubka

Final Flight
Quote: Joesitz:
"I have watched that Sorcerer's Apprentice program for several yeas and it was quite obvious that Bebe was not going to land that 3Flip in that same spot each time. All he had to do was change it and put it somewhere else. I wondered if he cared."

I enjoy your posts and was just doing what you were doing - expressing an opinion. Your remark about whether Frank cared - not so sublime - but if I misunderstood what you meant to say perhaps you could explain what you did mean?

The master never explains, only reveals...;)

KayMil01

On the Ice
Has BeBe made an announcement on her sit that she's retiring? maybe she'll be changing coaches too...dunno.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Mentioning Linda always brings back memories of one of the worst cases of Soviet led bloc voting in Olympic history. Linda wuz robbed in 1980 and only a sellout from the judges gave the mediocre E.German skater the Gold medal. I mean what a joke that Linda was placed second.

Emi Watanabe was better than both of them. She was so overlooked.

antmanb

Record Breaker
Don't you just love how some posters take an interesting question and hi-jack it by changing the context and then the question never gets answered. My biggest pet peeve with many skating forums is the proclivity for some to continually do this. It's like come on people FOCUS!

I'm glad you managed to answer the question with your post then :laugh:

Ant

merrybari

Final Flight
To sum up:

Q = "Did Mirai change coaches?"

A = "Yes." She'll begin working with Frank Carroll beginning June 15th.

Now on to the discussion and speculation - which we love so well. :)

mskater93

Record Breaker
Doesnt he coach another Senior lady who did pretty well at Nationals?

Laney Diggs? She did well for her.

Bebe Liang has also been Frank's student but someone else mentioned they hadn't see her around the rink lately

Medusa

Record Breaker
Phil Hersh has published comments from Charlene Wong and Frank Carroll: http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com...ing-coach-charlene-wong-to-join-frank-ca.html
Thanks for the links. On a non-Nagasu note - this
Carroll said an MRI showed Lysacek's injury was not a stress fracture, as the skater thought after winning the 2009 world title, but rather acute inflammation of tendons and ligaments in the left foot. ``He will take a month off,'' Carroll said.
sounds a lot less dramatic then "fracture" (and a lot less manly).

I am glad that Carroll wants to reduce the people who give Nagasu an input. I always doubt that it works if a dozen people coach one person (who else do we know with huge teams, Czisny, Ponsero - not really posterchildren for successful compeitions).

fairly4

Medalist
when i asked, there didn't seem to be answer.
now there is.
before it was just speculation and premonition on someone's part. now it is official.
personnally,
i think it is good for her.

ae9177

On the Ice
Thanks for the links. On a non-Nagasu note - this
sounds a lot less dramatic then "fracture" (and a lot less manly).

The fact is, an acute inflammation of tendons and ligaments could be a lot worse than a stress fracture, it takes much longer time and is more difficult to heal completely. IIRC Lambiel has tendonitis in his grion.

So don't be so sarcastic. You don't appreciate his style doesn't mean he doesn't deserve your respect.

Wish both Mirai and Evan good luck in the Olypic season.

Last edited:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
i am stunned that Mirai's parents would want her to "skate through her injury."
Could it be true they wanted her to repeat as champion at any cost? She should have taken off for sure. Charlene is a great coach and a very smart lady, but then again, so is Frank (well he is not a lady). :rofl: