Dancing With The Stars | Golden Skate

Dancing With The Stars

It seems to me, that if one has a gold olympic medal, one is at an advantage in this competition. Apollo, Kristy, Shawn

I think the only one who didn't win was Maurice Green (2000 Olympic gold medalist in the 100 meters).

Certainly the training that Kriti and Shawn had, in terms of body control as well as learning choreographed routines quickly, paid off.

I think the main thing, though, is that to win Dancing with the Stars you have to come in with a big fan base. I'm sure there must be Shawn Johnson fan clubs all over the Internet.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm glad Shawn won although I thought Gilles Marini was the better dancer. I voted for Shawn because she tried so hard and she gave it her best even though she looks like she gained a lot of weight.

I would have voted for Gilles just based on him taking his shirt off. :agree: :agree:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I'm glad Shawn won although I thought Gilles Marini was the better dancer. I voted for Shawn because she tried so hard and she gave it her best ...:

:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:

Funny waiting to the end to discus this.?????

It was a good season. Think Marc B went a little crazy with the spotlight. And ever sense the announcement that Cheryl was up for the sexiest woman in the world award she has a not so good look about her i.m.o.

Gilles had it naturally and Shawn had to try much harder to overcome other training as well she is young - only thing that helped and didn't hinder is her "spot on technique." She grew a lot mentally and I can't be anything but proud of her - and I made some money on this one! Win Win for SeaniBu!!!!! she is the only one I put the Benjamins on.

Melissa, ... nothing special for me. Very good looking as well but just didn't do the trick for many apparently.

Jhar55

Medalist
I am also happy for Shaw and her win, BUT Gilles was the better dancer and should have won. Figured Melissa would come in 3rd and thought Shawn would be 2nd with Gilles 1st. Oh well...that's how the mirror ball turns...Can't wait till next season....

Shawn was cute

Gilles was hot in body and dance

That third place lady whom I thought had the best rhythm should have won.

John King

Final Flight
It's not necessarily true that being a gymnast benefits the contestant; as Shawn herself pointed out, the moves in the one genre are different from the other. And she's working with a partner, something that is rare in gymnastics. So I give her extra kudos for winning.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
It's not necessarily true that being a gymnast benefits the contestant; as Shawn herself pointed out, the moves in the one genre are different from the other. And she's working with a partner, something that is rare in gymnastics. So I give her extra kudos for winning.

precisely :yes:

heyang

Record Breaker
I think that Shawn grew a lot. She also worked hard and was the golden girl next door. And of course, she has a fan base.

As for Gilles, he was Hot and always performed. However, he had little name recognition until DWTS. When they announced his name as a contestant and said he was in the SATC movie, I could not picture him.

Anyway, I'm satisfied with them as the top 2, regardless of order.

As for Melissa, Carrie Ann finally pinpointed the reason for my not feeling anything for Melissa. She was too cheer-leadery. The big smile was always plastered on and she posed a lot (IMO.) Anyway, at least she'll be known for DWTS instead of just The BAchelor.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I am also happy for Shaw and her win, BUT Gilles was the better dancer and should have won. Figured Melissa would come in 3rd and thought Shawn would be 2nd with Gilles 1st. Oh well...that's how the mirror ball turns...Can't wait till next season....

I pretty much agree. I loved Melissa but the last two weeks or so she seemed to regress. I think that Giles played up the sexy guy factor a little too much. Pulling off his shirt whenever possible seemed desperate. He was too good of a dancer for that. very happy for Shawn. She seemed a little lost after the olympics and I hardly recognized her after gaining all that weight. I this gives her the confidence she needs to find her own path in life.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
I thought Shawn was ok but to me she never got over having a real wooden quality to her dancing, even in the freestyle. I never saw much spark or personality and it was obvious how hard she was trying. Not exactly labored in her dancing, but almost. I would have preferred Gilles for the win. I tried to vote for Gilles in the final and it was the only time I've never gotten through with repeated attempts. Kept getting "all circuits are busy" or a busy signal. I've never not been able to get through as long as I kept trying, but this time I couldn't. So I have to feel Gilles had a lot of support, and didn't they mention in the results show how close the vote was? I can believe it!

Cheryl definitely made a misstep with that free dance. I agreed with Carrie Ann that Gilles simply didn't do enough dancing -- in that number he was supporting Cheryl, and since he was the contestant, he should have been showcased more even though he's the male partner. However, I thought Mark's dance for Shawn was very derivative of his freestyle with Kristi. Both started out with a costume that got whipped off, and many of the moves were the same or similar. The judges didn't mention it, so I guess they didn't care, but I hope next time he's in the final he goes for something completely different. At least Cheryl has come up with very different freestyles for her finalists.

Agree with you all about Melissa, I was really having trouble picking between her and Gilles all season UNTIL the last few weeks, and then she no longer got my attention as much. Maybe it was the cheerleader quality Carrie Ann pointed out, I dunno. I just really liked her all along until the end. But I would have liked to have seen Tony win.

I still enjoy Mark B., though, and was happy for him to be the first male pro to win it twice.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I would have been happy with any one of the three...........thought they were all deserving. Shawn was my fav, though. I think her mental toughness from her gymnastic training held her in good stead learning the dance routines. Anyway, when does the next season start? 42

heyang

Record Breaker
I thought Shawn was ok but to me she never got over having a real wooden quality to her dancing, even in the freestyle. I never saw much spark or personality and it was obvious how hard she was trying. Not exactly labored in her dancing, but almost. I would have preferred Gilles for the win. I tried to vote for Gilles in the final and it was the only time I've never gotten through with repeated attempts. Kept getting "all circuits are busy" or a busy signal. I've never not been able to get through as long as I kept trying, but this time I couldn't. So I have to feel Gilles had a lot of support, and didn't they mention in the results show how close the vote was? I can believe it!

Cheryl definitely made a misstep with that free dance. I agreed with Carrie Ann that Gilles simply didn't do enough dancing -- in that number he was supporting Cheryl, and since he was the contestant, he should have been showcased more even though he's the male partner. However, I thought Mark's dance for Shawn was very derivative of his freestyle with Kristi. Both started out with a costume that got whipped off, and many of the moves were the same or similar. The judges didn't mention it, so I guess they didn't care, but I hope next time he's in the final he goes for something completely different. At least Cheryl has come up with very different freestyles for her finalists.

Agree with you all about Melissa, I was really having trouble picking between her and Gilles all season UNTIL the last few weeks, and then she no longer got my attention as much. Maybe it was the cheerleader quality Carrie Ann pointed out, I dunno. I just really liked her all along until the end. But I would have liked to have seen Tony win.

I still enjoy Mark B., though, and was happy for him to be the first male pro to win it twice.

I also thought that Shawn's freestyle was too similar to Kristi's, but it was different enough for the judges.

Cheryl definitely mis-choreo'd the freestyle. Gilles was her prop and she needed to feature him. Maybe his shoulder bothered him too much?

Never 'got' into Melissa's dancing. While I appreciated the technique, I didn't particularly enjoy it.