So You Think You Can Dance 2009 | Golden Skate

So You Think You Can Dance 2009

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Which season is this anyway?????

I'm already overly annoyed with Mary and her stupid hot tomale train scream. SO ANNOYING. It makes me want Kara and Paula to judge on this stupid thing. At least they don't screech!

I love this show, though!

Pixie Cut

On the Ice
I thought some of the dancers were amazing. It will be interesting to see how things develop during the Las Vegas round.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Which season is this anyway?????
I'm already overly annoyed with Mary and her stupid hot tomale train scream. SO ANNOYING.I love this show, though!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Toni, you are so funny. I asked my female boss to watch the show and this morning she said...who is that crazy woman that screams...and why does she do that??? :laugh: :laugh:

Some of the routines are just hysterical and some so inspiring, like the 2 who have overcome their disability with dance.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I missed the last fifteen minutes or so... but what I saw I liked... I did see the end where Mary cried and blah blah blah...

I just don't get moved that way I guess :laugh:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I love this show. While I thought many of the performances were good, I didn't understand the overly-gushing comments of Nigel and Mary.........the dancers were not the best they had ever seen to date or else they need their eyes and memories checked. Unless they want a repeat of American Idol's end results, they had better not overly praise their favs..........the public seems to lprefer the underdog rather than talent. 42

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
some good dancing so far i.m.o - some know their abilities yet they try? why?

Agree with you TOni, she is quick to wear on my nerves also.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
because they want their ten seconds of fame... or because someone lied and told them they were good. I'm sure the auditions follow the same format that Idol does... they have a first round before you go before the big name judges... so you're lured into thinkng you actually might have talent.

MissCleo

On the Ice
Last season was my first time watching the season from start to finish, and I loved it. I missed the last episode. it's a shame since i love to get some back story.

Unless they want a repeat of American Idol's end results, they had better not overly praise their favs..........the public seems to lprefer the underdog rather than talent. 42
At least this show acknowledges that it is a popularity contest. Nigel always says that this is the show to find America's favorite dancrer and not necessarily the best dancer.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Idol said very much the same thing throughout this season... or rather Cowell said it... that it's not JUST about the singing. That's why they kept telling Allison to show her personality.

What did everyone think of the male pair? I thought the were good when they did the lead follow stuff, but I agreed with Mary that it got a little confusing as they were going back and forth so it was hard to keep following...

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I believe this is the 5 th season & I tho't the gay male ballroom dancer was better than his partner but neither was great. I used to cringe when Mary would scream but now she just makes me laugh.:chorus: She's looking great now that she has lost some weight. One thing I've always been glad of with SYTYCD auditions is that they don't spend as much time focusing on the people who can't dance the way AI does with no talent auditioners. Apparently, they'll be on again in Sept. with season 6?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
they will? fine by me....

it's not like the SYTYCD winner has to create an album or anything... the winners are rarely seen after the finale unless you go to whatever tour/show they win a spot on... or they are in a dance movie or video... they're not as 'visible'

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Benji sure is.......he pops up everywhere. I am hoping some of the guest choreographers this year will be former SYTYCD members like Benji and Dimitri were in previous years...........42

heyang

Record Breaker
Don't know if anyone else mentioned, but SYTYCD will also be on again in the Fall.

Past winners were Nick L, Benji S, Sabra and Joshua. Benji has definitely been the most 'loved' IMO. He's also made a 'pro' dancer on one of DTWS results shows.

Anyway, runners up Dmitry, Lacey and Chelsi H have certainly gotten more name recognition with their participation in DWTS. I believe Heidi is married now. Danny Tidewell co-founded magazine Movement. (or is it MVMNT?)

I just hope that they don't give any more air time to Sex and his mother again.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I just hope that they don't give any more air time to Sex and his mother again.
Heyang, I was thinking where is Sex?? I love Sex, but you know lots of people might not. :laugh: :laugh:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think Nigel said this is the last time they were going to give him time on the show, too. Right?

heyang

Record Breaker
I think Nigel said this is the last time they were going to give him time on the show, too. Right?

That's what he said.

This year, I thought the producers really maked Sex look foolish with that competition between him and the other guy. Regardless, it's time for Sex and his mother to move one. I also noticed that Nigel calls him David.

I thought it was great that Nigel gave Phillip Chabeeb a ticket to Vegas straight away since he had to miss due to illness last year. After his tryout with his friend, I'm sure he's not regretting that decision since Phillip has obviously worked on other aspects of his dancing - even if it was just to 'get the girl'. LOL.

The 17 yr old was amazing, too. I assume he'll be 18 before the fall season.

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
I thought the producers really maked Sex look foolish with that competition between him and the other guy.
I agree. I didn't find it even mildly entertaining, just stupid.