So You Think You Can Dance 2009 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

So You Think You Can Dance 2009

Pixie Cut

On the Ice
I guess she won't be walking away with the grand prize. I was shocked she was in the bottom 2 and then leaving. I loved watching her dance she made everything movement so big. I was surprised Brandon was in the bottom 2 too.

Janette :no:
The saddest part is she got cut but Evan, who stunk up both dances, wasn't even bottom two. :sheesh:

For once, Tyce Diorio's choreography saved someone rather than sank them. The emotional breast cancer number no doubt got Melissa and Ade a ton of calls.

Jason's solo on Wednesday was off. I had a feeling this might be his unlucky week. But I really thought Janette was headed to the final with either Kayla or Jeanine. So sad.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Don't know which is worse, Ellen D or Katie H. :scowl::disapp::sheesh::banging::eek:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Don't know which is worse, Ellen D or Katie H. :scowl::disapp::sheesh::banging::eek:

BOTH!!!!! Poor Judy Garland - that song belongs to her....

I have lost so much interest in the show that I have forgotten which dancer is which - except for Evan. So is the ballerina still on the show?

I also thought the reaction of the judges to the Tyce routine (I only caught a few minutes of it) was way over the top. Did they all have to break down and cry? Too much!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So is the ballerina still on the show?
Yes, Melissa is still on the show. She & Ade (sp?) were the dancers for the Tyce routine.

Ladskater said:
I also thought the reaction of the judges to the Tyce routine (I only caught a few minutes of it) was way over the top. Did they all have to break down and cry? Too much!!!
I think the dance did what it was supposed to do, move you. The dance was for anyone who dealt with cancer themselves or from a loved one. In 2007, I was diagnosed with breast cancer and my first reaction was to take a shower and scrub my body to get rid of the cancer. I know that I cried, it was a very moving dance.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I don't think it was over the top at all... nor was it fake...

Katie Holmes was fake...

Ladskater

Record Breaker
Yes, Melissa is still on the show. She & Ade (sp?) were the dancers for the Tyce routine.

I think the dance did what it was supposed to do, move you. The dance was for anyone who dealt with cancer themselves or from a loved one. In 2007, I was diagnosed with breast cancer and my first reaction was to take a shower and scrub my body to get rid of the cancer. I know that I cried, it was a very moving dance.

Dance was good. I finally saw it in reruns.

Ladskater

Record Breaker
Is Cat Deeley really as tall as she appears on So You Think You Can Dance? She seems to tower over every dancer, including the guys. Either there are a lot of short dancers, or she is very tall and is wearing heels. Maybe she should stick to flats. It's really strange looking. Also as usual I can't understand a word she is saying half of the time.

I think it is Brandon - not sure - who sometimes has a comb stuck in his hair. What's up with that?

Last edited by a moderator:

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Ade is the dancer that has the comb in his hair. It reminds me of my friends in high school back in the late 70's, who always had a pick in their hair.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
he said in a fluff piece earlier this year that it's just something to be different.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
who sometimes has a comb stuck in his hair. What's up with that?
He likes to comb his hair a lot and he knew it would bug you!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Going out on a limb here, the boot for tonight :yes:

Evan & Melissa

Loved, loved Brandon's solo dance, spectacular.

heyang

Record Breaker
I have really mixed feelings about 'Favorite Dancer' - it's not favorite Person who can dance. When I 'pick', I tend to balance my vote based upon the dancer's technique and the dancer's personality and the growth throughout the week's.

THus, it was hard for me to get behind Danny Tidwell during season 3 and Will during season 4 - both technically brilliant but there was something standoffish about their personalities IMHO.

And While I enjoy Twitch's (season 4) and Evan's personalities, I find that I can't vote for them as my favorite because I don't see growth in their dancing - both in their own genres and their abilities to perform any other genres.

My favorite SYTCD dancers have been a blend of dance technique, personality and growth - thus, I love Benji (s2), Heidi (s2), Travis (s2), Allyson (s2) , Joshua (s4), Katee (s4), Courtney G (s4) and Brandon (s5).

Just realized that there's no one from season 3 - I already mentioned Danny, Lacey's general personality and charisma failed in comparison to brother Benji, never formed an attachment to Neil or Sabra. All fine dancers, but not high on the charisma element.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
THus, it was hard for me to get behind Danny Tidwell during season 3 and Will during season 4 - both technically brilliant but there was something standoffish about their personalities IMHO.
"both technically brilliant" - I think that's the reason I loved Danny & Will. I am cheering all the way for Brandon.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Is Cat Deeley really as tall as she appears on So You Think You Can Dance? She seems to tower over every dancer, including the guys. Either there are a lot of short dancers, or she is very tall and is wearing heels. Maybe she should stick to flats. It's really strange looking. Also as usual I can't understand a word she is saying half of the time.

I think it is Brandon - not sure - who sometimes has a comb stuck in his hair. What's up with that?

I just looked it up and they say she is 5 ft 9. I thought she was taller than that. Of course, those heels make it seem as if she is much taller.

MissCleo

On the Ice
Did anyone watch last night's show? It was probably the only show that I really enjoyed this whole season. Jeanine did an amazing job last night. From the beautiful solo to the Paso Doble :)rock:), she did great. Brandon was my favorite out of the dancers left, but last night kinda made me think twice about Jeanine.

Anyone else have thoughts?

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I like them all but I am a still hoping for Evan.............42

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Brandon was my favorite out of the dancers left, but last night kinda made me think twice about Jeanine.

Anyone else have thoughts?
I like Jeanine but I think Kayla is a better dancer. Kayla's moves are so big.

Here's my lineup.

1. Brandon
  2. Kayla
  3. Jeanine
  4. Evan

If I could have had it my way, I would have

1. Brandon
  2. Jeanette
  3. Kayla
  4. Ade

They just named the 4th placed person --- I'm shocked!!

Not happy about who's left. :cool: :cool:

Just announced the winner....I am not happy at all!!!!

8/7/09 Still not happy this morning!!!!

Last edited:

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I'm with you about loving Kayla and Brandon. At least I got to see the Addiction dance again last night on the finale. For me that was THE dance of the season and it was wonderful to see it again.

Hoping to see some great contestants on season six!

Last edited: