Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: So You Think You Can Dance 2009

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    I thought the couple who got did the silent movie routine got a bad draw. They couldn't really do much with it and ended up looking sort of blah compared to the others, even though that girl is one of my favorites.
    It's too bad because the choreography and concept were both cleaver. I think Evan would have done it more justice. The couple who danced it were not up to the task. I don't think they "got it."

Cat Deeley is blogging for entertainment weekly..

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009...-can.html#more

OMG! Shane Sparks is back (choreography at least!)!!!!!!!!!!! *fan girl squee!*

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    OMG! Shane Sparks is back (choreography at least!)!!!!!!!!!!! *fan girl squee!*
    I was glad to see him back too!!!

Has anyone connected with any of the dancers yet??? I haven't yet.

Shane's the only reason I tuned into America's Best Dance Crew on MTV.

I like Caitlyn and her partner, I think it's Ryan. Love Jason too. So excited to see Louie doing routines for the kids. He's the best! 42

I just think that this season has really strong dancers. At this time, I think a guy will win again.

I loved Vitilio and Asuka's waltz last night. I was actually surprised when I had tears at the very end - they just came out during the last seconds of their performance. It was my favorite of the night.

As compared to last week, this one was 'weaker'. I didn't get overly enthusiastic about as many of the routines. The 2 hip hop performances were really bad as compared to other episodes in all the seasons of SYTYCD.

I think the producers really need to even out air time during the auditions, etc. Guys like Phillip and Evan have an advantage because all their earlier air time equated to forming fan bases before the competition officially started. For their dancing, both of them should have been in the bottom 3 this week, but they were saved as favorites of the voters. Even Brandon has a following after the beatings he got from Mia - I'm sure some voted for him just to make sure he sticks around long enough to hopefully get choreo'd by Mia. Females Caitlin, Megan, Janette, Asuka, and the naughty ballerina also stood got air time during the pre-comp rounds, but for some reason, the ladies don't pop out as much personality-wise. Anyway, the ones that didn't get much airtime pre-comp are at a disadvantage.

Evan's brother Ryan is already in the lead for season 6, as far as I'm concerned. Between the airtime during pre-comp rounds and seeing him audition again, he's totally recognizable by the SYTYCD fans as far as I'm concerned. I really like the guy, but it is unfair to the other competitiors.

did I watch the results show this week? I don't think I did (and I just realized that!) who got voted off?

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    did I watch the results show this week? I don't think I did (and I just realized that!) who got voted off?

Bottom 3 were Ashley/Kupono, Caitlin/Jason and Kayla/Max. The 1st 2 were correct picks since neither did hip hop well.

Max (ballroom dancer - he samba'd last during week 1 and this week was in the Brian Freeman contemporary routine where he overthrew the princess.)

& Ashley - she was paired with Kupono, pulled off Shane's hip hop better than K.

So, there's a new team Kupono & Kayla.

thanks!

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Can someone explain the Mia Michaels routine to me. I enjoyed it but wasn't sure what it was all about. I know they said something about her butt but there had to be more.

Just an average girl
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    Can someone explain the Mia Michaels routine to me. I enjoyed it but wasn't sure what it was all about. I know they said something about her butt but there had to be more.
    Nope. It was about her butt.

I think there was mention of a "poodle behind" that might have given her the idea, but with Mia, who really knows for sure. Wasn't too excited by most of the routines last night and I think the judges go way to long on their assessments. I think they should askthe choreographers what they think of the performances rather than the judges assuming that they know already. 42

I thought Mia's was one of the best, even if it was about a dirty old man and a very permiscuous (I can't spell) young girl...

The choreographer's aren't allowed to judge their own work, as well as impose any personal opinions about what may have occurred during the rehearsals.

If the choreographers judged, you wouldn't hear them say 'well, I didn't really get the choregraphy, but you performed it well.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast