Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 84

Thread: So You Think You Can Dance 2009

  1. #46
    and... World Peace! Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    18,654
    yeah you can normally tell if they were happy with the performance or not when you see them in the audience... sometimes they look down right ticked.

  2. #47
    Da' Spellin' Homegirl Grgranny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,144
    I think someone meant promiscuous.

  3. #48
    Custom Title heyang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,179
    I felt kinda sad that Vitolio was sent home this week. This competition seemed to mean so much to him - partly because of his background. I also felt that he would have had a breakthrough moment. I would've preferred that they send Kupono home.

    I think the judges will make every effort to keep Phillip until the top 10 since they'll want him on tour.

    I was shocked that Phillip and Jeanine were in the bottom 3. I really thought that Caitlin and Jason would have gotten the spot.

    For me, Brandon/Janette and Ade/Melissa are the strongest existing couples. It will be interesting to see how things work out when the couples start changing in 2 weeks when they are the top 10.

  4. #49
    ~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    4,677
    I can't believe the poor material Evan is being given. That Mia Michaels routine was horrible. I wish someone would give Evan a broadway routine to show off his strengths.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    Can someone explain the Mia Michaels routine to me. I enjoyed it but wasn't sure what it was all about. I know they said something about her butt but there had to be more.
    It was pretty lame choreography....poor Evan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    Heyang, I was thinking where is Sex?? I love Sex, but you know lots of people might not.
    Okay, are you kidding? Is that the name of a dancer or choreographer? I hope he has a real name....
    Last edited by Tonichelle; 07-12-2009 at 12:15 AM. Reason: use the multiquote feature PLEASE

  5. #50
    and... World Peace! Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    18,654
    I love Mia's work most of the time, even if I don't get it or agree with it... love it... at least it seems thought out, sometimes I don't get that with some of the others (and anything that tells a story wins for me)


    and yes, Lad the person's name is not Sex, it's a "stage name" hes not a dancer or a choreographer... he's a wannabe contestant on the show - he comes to the auditions at least once each season, and he made an appearance on American Idol this past season... he's just an attention hog.


    back to this week's show - I was really peeved with the judges talking about the Kalinka... it was NOT the choreographer's OR the folk dance's fault that it sucked. The dancers half-bleeped it. I grew up in a very Russian influenced community. We don't just have a lot of native dance exhibitions throughout the year, we also have a lot of Russian dance... they could have done it much better... some parts were okay, nothing was spectacular... they didn't even TRY to sell it... much less play the character of the dance.
    Last edited by Tonichelle; 07-12-2009 at 12:19 AM.

  6. #51
    Sitting Here on Blue Jay Way silver.blades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    894
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladskater View Post
    I can't believe the poor material Evan is being given. That Mia Michaels routine was horrible. I wish someone would give Evan a broadway routine to show off his strengths.
    He did get a Broadway routine, and the routine was amazing, but Randy, and him in particular could have done a better job of it. I loved the Mia routine that they got.

  7. #52
    Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    16,651
    Does anyone else think Janette could walk away with the grand prize??? I have begun to watch her a lot. Anyone want to venture out and say who's going home tonight??

  8. #53
    Arm Chair Skate Fan show 42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    San Joaquin Valley, Ca.
    Posts
    3,206
    I'll guess Kupono and Melissa..........42

  9. #54
    Custom Title heyang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,179
    I am shocked that Ade is in the bottom 2 with Kupono. I figured Jason or Phillip would be there instead of Ade. Kupono should be going out.

    As for the ladies, I see Randi leaving this week. She's just not memorable enough and the paso killed her.

    Over on www.ew.com, most SYTYCD fans participating in a 'contest' pick Randi and Kupono to exit this week.

  10. #55
    ~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    4,677
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    I love Mia's work most of the time, even if I don't get it or agree with it... love it... at least it seems thought out, sometimes I don't get that with some of the others (and anything that tells a story wins for me)


    and yes, Lad the person's name is not Sex, it's a "stage name" hes not a dancer or a choreographer... he's a wannabe contestant on the show - he comes to the auditions at least once each season, and he made an appearance on American Idol this past season... he's just an attention hog.


    back to this week's show - I was really peeved with the judges talking about the Kalinka... it was NOT the choreographer's OR the folk dance's fault that it sucked. The dancers half-bleeped it. I grew up in a very Russian influenced community. We don't just have a lot of native dance exhibitions throughout the year, we also have a lot of Russian dance... they could have done it much better... some parts were okay, nothing was spectacular... they didn't even TRY to sell it... much less play the character of the dance.

    Yes I totally agree about the Russian dance number. I liked the choreography. We have genuine Ukrainian dancers in Edmonton Alberta who could outdance this pair anyday:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-4VzM7bOH0

  11. #56
    ~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    4,677

    So What's Up With Ellen on So You Think You Can Dance?

    Is the show becoming So You Think You are a Comedian? Ellen looked like a deer caught in the headlights through most of the show. I don't get why she was there. Strange show...

  12. #57
    Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    16,651
    I am not sure why Ellen was on the show, does anyone know?? I think she was uncomfortable too.

    This was probably one of the most moving dances I've seen.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKxoCxalyWw

  13. #58
    and... World Peace! Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    18,654
    I missed last night's show... lots of drama in my life at the moment... I was a wreck.

  14. #59
    and... World Peace! Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    18,654
    Katie Holmes is worse at lipsyncing than any of the "singers" of her generation...

    or if we want a more hollywood comparison, I miss watching Audrey Hepburn fake singing in My Fair Lady... and I'm not seeing much dance... pathetic... we could have seen more SYTYCD favorites. blah.

  15. #60
    Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    16,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    Does anyone else think Janette could walk away with the grand prize??? I have begun to watch her a lot. Anyone want to venture out and say who's going home tonight??
    I guess she won't be walking away with the grand prize. I was shocked she was in the bottom 2 and then leaving. I loved watching her dance she made everything movement so big. I was surprised Brandon was in the bottom 2 too.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •