Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: So You Think You Can Dance 2009

Just an average girl
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    I guess she won't be walking away with the grand prize. I was shocked she was in the bottom 2 and then leaving. I loved watching her dance she made everything movement so big. I was surprised Brandon was in the bottom 2 too.
    Janette
    The saddest part is she got cut but Evan, who stunk up both dances, wasn't even bottom two. :sheesh:

For once, Tyce Diorio's choreography saved someone rather than sank them. The emotional breast cancer number no doubt got Melissa and Ade a ton of calls.

Jason's solo on Wednesday was off. I had a feeling this might be his unlucky week. But I really thought Janette was headed to the final with either Kayla or Jeanine. So sad.

Don't know which is worse, Ellen D or Katie H. :sheesh::banging:

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grgranny View Post
    Don't know which is worse, Ellen D or Katie H. :sheesh::banging:
    BOTH!!!!! Poor Judy Garland - that song belongs to her....

I have lost so much interest in the show that I have forgotten which dancer is which - except for Evan. So is the ballerina still on the show?

I also thought the reaction of the judges to the Tyce routine (I only caught a few minutes of it) was way over the top. Did they all have to break down and cry? Too much!!!
    Last edited by Tonichelle; 07-30-2009 at 01:11 AM. Reason: merging

I agree, I was so disappointed she sang Judy's song. Disgusting.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladskater View Post
    So is the ballerina still on the show?
    Yes, Melissa is still on the show. She & Ade (sp?) were the dancers for the Tyce routine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladskater
    I also thought the reaction of the judges to the Tyce routine (I only caught a few minutes of it) was way over the top. Did they all have to break down and cry? Too much!!!
    I think the dance did what it was supposed to do, move you. The dance was for anyone who dealt with cancer themselves or from a loved one. In 2007, I was diagnosed with breast cancer and my first reaction was to take a shower and scrub my body to get rid of the cancer. I know that I cried, it was a very moving dance.

I don't think it was over the top at all... nor was it fake...

Katie Holmes was fake...

Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    Yes, Melissa is still on the show. She & Ade (sp?) were the dancers for the Tyce routine.

I think the dance did what it was supposed to do, move you. The dance was for anyone who dealt with cancer themselves or from a loved one. In 2007, I was diagnosed with breast cancer and my first reaction was to take a shower and scrub my body to get rid of the cancer. I know that I cried, it was a very moving dance.
    Dance was good. I finally saw it in reruns.

Is Cat Deeley really as tall as she appears on So You Think You Can Dance? She seems to tower over every dancer, including the guys. Either there are a lot of short dancers, or she is very tall and is wearing heels. Maybe she should stick to flats. It's really strange looking. Also as usual I can't understand a word she is saying half of the time.

I think it is Brandon - not sure - who sometimes has a comb stuck in his hair. What's up with that?
    Last edited by Tonichelle; 07-30-2009 at 01:10 AM. Reason: Lad - please, just EDIT the original post when adding more thoughts...

Ade is the dancer that has the comb in his hair. It reminds me of my friends in high school back in the late 70's, who always had a pick in their hair.

he said in a fluff piece earlier this year that it's just something to be different.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladskater View Post
    who sometimes has a comb stuck in his hair. What's up with that?
    He likes to comb his hair a lot and he knew it would bug you!!!!

Going out on a limb here, the boot for tonight

Evan & Melissa

Loved, loved Brandon's solo dance, spectacular.

ooo I hope you're wrong, Dee! They are my favorites!

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    ooo I hope you're wrong, Dee! They are my favorites!
    Well, I was 1/2 wrong!! I was sad to see Melissa go.

I have really mixed feelings about 'Favorite Dancer' - it's not favorite Person who can dance. When I 'pick', I tend to balance my vote based upon the dancer's technique and the dancer's personality and the growth throughout the week's.

THus, it was hard for me to get behind Danny Tidwell during season 3 and Will during season 4 - both technically brilliant but there was something standoffish about their personalities IMHO.

And While I enjoy Twitch's (season 4) and Evan's personalities, I find that I can't vote for them as my favorite because I don't see growth in their dancing - both in their own genres and their abilities to perform any other genres.

My favorite SYTCD dancers have been a blend of dance technique, personality and growth - thus, I love Benji (s2), Heidi (s2), Travis (s2), Allyson (s2) , Joshua (s4), Katee (s4), Courtney G (s4) and Brandon (s5).

Just realized that there's no one from season 3 - I already mentioned Danny, Lacey's general personality and charisma failed in comparison to brother Benji, never formed an attachment to Neil or Sabra. All fine dancers, but not high on the charisma element.

Quote Originally Posted by heyang View Post
    THus, it was hard for me to get behind Danny Tidwell during season 3 and Will during season 4 - both technically brilliant but there was something standoffish about their personalities IMHO.
    "both technically brilliant" - I think that's the reason I loved Danny & Will. I am cheering all the way for Brandon.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast