Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: So You Think You Can Dance 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Ladskater View Post
    Is Cat Deeley really as tall as she appears on So You Think You Can Dance? She seems to tower over every dancer, including the guys. Either there are a lot of short dancers, or she is very tall and is wearing heels. Maybe she should stick to flats. It's really strange looking. Also as usual I can't understand a word she is saying half of the time.

I think it is Brandon - not sure - who sometimes has a comb stuck in his hair. What's up with that?
    I just looked it up and they say she is 5 ft 9. I thought she was taller than that. Of course, those heels make it seem as if she is much taller.

Custom Title
    Did anyone watch last night's show? It was probably the only show that I really enjoyed this whole season. Jeanine did an amazing job last night. From the beautiful solo to the Paso Doble (), she did great. Brandon was my favorite out of the dancers left, but last night kinda made me think twice about Jeanine.

Anyone else have thoughts?

I like them all but I am a still hoping for Evan.............42

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cleopatra20042004 View Post
    Brandon was my favorite out of the dancers left, but last night kinda made me think twice about Jeanine.

Anyone else have thoughts?
    I like Jeanine but I think Kayla is a better dancer. Kayla's moves are so big.

Here's my lineup.

1. Brandon
    2. Kayla
    3. Jeanine
    4. Evan

If I could have had it my way, I would have

1. Brandon
    2. Jeanette
    3. Kayla
    4. Ade

They just named the 4th placed person --- I'm shocked!!

Not happy about who's left.

Just announced the winner....I am not happy at all!!!!

8/7/09 Still not happy this morning!!!!
    Last edited by Dee4707; 08-07-2009 at 08:42 AM.

I'm with you about loving Kayla and Brandon. At least I got to see the Addiction dance again last night on the finale. For me that was THE dance of the season and it was wonderful to see it again.

Hoping to see some great contestants on season six!
    Last edited by purplecat; 08-07-2009 at 12:37 PM.

I was so shocked about Kayla last night... I was rooting for Kayla and Evan (he's fun!) but am happy with the outcome... Brandon is good but something about his personality bugs me.. lol

We really thought Brandon was the best and Jeanine next.

Quote Originally Posted by Grgranny View Post
    We really thought Brandon was the best and Jeanine next.
    I agree with You.

My sequence of the top 4 was:
    Brandon
    Jeanine
    Evan
    Kayla

Although Kayla was cited as so technically strong, she left me cold and I didn't see a spark of personality in her until the top 4 show. Too little, too late.

Evan was a very likeable guy, but the weakest dancer of the top 6 IMO. His sweetness made him wildly popular.

Jeanine was fortunate to be with the very popular Philip Chbeeb during the 1st couple of weeks. She was still finding her footing and could have been in the bottom if Phillip's fans didn't keep them around. She started 'growing' 2 weeks before Phillip was booted. I also thought her solos were fantastic and she (as well as Brandon) included elements of what they learned of other genres into their routines.

Brandon has amazing strength in his movements and you could see how committed he was and that he overcame some self-confidence issues each week. He has mentioned how much Janette helped him get over his natural reserve and learned how to put the joy into his dancing, which made all of the difference.

I was somewhat disappointed in the Chorus Line participation in the judges. During the past seasons, we had Nigel doing a full routine with child tap dance group and Mary did a ballroom dance with someone (can't recall if it was Dmitry or Artem). We also saw Adam Shankman do a Lindy Hop during this year's auditons. I think the judges could have easily handled the full choreography of the routine - I just rewatched and there wasn't a single flip in it. Also, noticed that Lil C wasn't in it. I think the judges should do a complete routine in the future!!!

Also, now that there's 5 seasons done, I wonder what a top 4 team competition amongst all the seasons would be like!!

Season 1: Nick, Melody, Jamile, Ashle
    Season 2: Benji, Travis, Heidi, Donyelle
    Season 3: Sabra, Danny, Neil, Lacey
    Season 4: Joshua, Twitch, Katee, Courtney
    Season 5: Jeanine, Brandon, Evan, Kayla

When I consider them together, Season 2 is still my favorite!

I agree about Season 2 still being my favorite! (ironically enough it's still my favorite season for AI too lol)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6