So You Think You Can Dance 2009 | Page 5 | Golden Skate

So You Think You Can Dance 2009

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I was so shocked about Kayla last night... I was rooting for Kayla and Evan (he's fun!) but am happy with the outcome... Brandon is good but something about his personality bugs me.. lol

heyang

Record Breaker
We really thought Brandon was the best and Jeanine next.

I agree with You.

My sequence of the top 4 was:
Brandon
Jeanine
Evan
Kayla

Although Kayla was cited as so technically strong, she left me cold and I didn't see a spark of personality in her until the top 4 show. Too little, too late.

Evan was a very likeable guy, but the weakest dancer of the top 6 IMO. His sweetness made him wildly popular.

Jeanine was fortunate to be with the very popular Philip Chbeeb during the 1st couple of weeks. She was still finding her footing and could have been in the bottom if Phillip's fans didn't keep them around. She started 'growing' 2 weeks before Phillip was booted. I also thought her solos were fantastic and she (as well as Brandon) included elements of what they learned of other genres into their routines.

Brandon has amazing strength in his movements and you could see how committed he was and that he overcame some self-confidence issues each week. He has mentioned how much Janette helped him get over his natural reserve and learned how to put the joy into his dancing, which made all of the difference.

I was somewhat disappointed in the Chorus Line participation in the judges. During the past seasons, we had Nigel doing a full routine with child tap dance group and Mary did a ballroom dance with someone (can't recall if it was Dmitry or Artem). We also saw Adam Shankman do a Lindy Hop during this year's auditons. I think the judges could have easily handled the full choreography of the routine - I just rewatched and there wasn't a single flip in it. Also, noticed that Lil C wasn't in it. I think the judges should do a complete routine in the future!!!

Also, now that there's 5 seasons done, I wonder what a top 4 team competition amongst all the seasons would be like!!

Season 1: Nick, Melody, Jamile, Ashle
Season 2: Benji, Travis, Heidi, Donyelle
Season 3: Sabra, Danny, Neil, Lacey
Season 4: Joshua, Twitch, Katee, Courtney
Season 5: Jeanine, Brandon, Evan, Kayla

When I consider them together, Season 2 is still my favorite!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I agree about Season 2 still being my favorite! (ironically enough it's still my favorite season for AI too lol)