Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Stop tanning!

I like my wintery white complexion... have felt no need to change that.

I am freakishly white and I live in Brazil, like, right under the hole on the ozone layer. The only colors that my skin can acquire are phantom white or pepper red.
    When I was a kid, I had all kinds of nicknames because of it (like being the tallest kid in my grade wasn't enough...), Casper as in 'the friendly ghost' fon an example.

I really love the sun, but it also scares me. My mother had skin cancer three times, on the chest, then on the tip of her nose and the her forehead. For the first one she had to go through a round of radiation therapy. It all went well and she has nothing now.
    Last year I had two moles on my face that came out of nowhere (and I'm constatly on SPF 20+). I freaked out and went to the doctor immediately. He said it was probably nothing but it was going to get removed anyway. So I did. Luckily, it was just some acne that I scratched and the skin cells went bezerk.

The sun is good, but you have to be careful not to over do it. Otherwhise, best case scenario, you'll be looking like a crocodile by the time you're 40.

Quote Originally Posted by Simone View Post
    I like my wintery white complexion... have felt no need to change that.
    In alternative medicine one doesn't take the Sun for cosmetic reasons. The Sun is the best way to get vitamin D3. i take it for 1/2 hour in a pair of shorts when the Sun is out. I've gotten a slight tan over several weeks but I do not look like George Hamilton.

OK, my psoriasis in clear inside my ears, so how do I get it there??
    I've had two different prescriptions and neither one worked. Now, I'm using olive oil and it works better. Itching ears is no fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Grgranny View Post
    OK, my psoriasis in clear inside my ears, so how do I get it there??
    I've had two different prescriptions and neither one worked. Now, I'm using olive oil and it works better. Itching ears is no fun.
    attagirl, Granny. Alternative ways are best.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3