Oi Boy | Golden Skate

Oi Boy

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Curran Oi should have a soft spot in his heart for Sofia, Bulgaria. His two biggest international competitions have both been in the Baltic peninsula region.

More

MasterB

Final Flight
This kid is smart as hell.

It is very interesting that he will skip this year. I guess he figures he can't realistically make the Olympic team so he might as well get a year of studies in. He can come back the following year and make a case for himself for the following Olympics.

gocaroline

On the Ice
This kid is smart as hell.

It is very interesting that he will skip this year. I guess he figures he can't realistically make the Olympic team so he might as well get a year of studies in. He can come back the following year and make a case for himself for the following Olympics.
:agree:

This young man sounds very smart and realistic. What a promising young man!

Binthere

On the Ice
Good for him for keeping such a strong focus on his education as well. I sincerely hope he does choose to continue training and gives it a go during the post Olympic season. Kudos IMO also to his coaches. They seem to be very supportive of their students. Articles on Icenetwork have reported how happy and well balanced their skaters lives seem to be, and how they are so well placed to move on to other successes in their lives beyond skating. :clap: I think like success and discipline in many things - a supportive atmosphere, discipline and real happiness in the pursuit are formulas for lasting success in many arenas.

All the best Curran!