Chan Starts Working on the Quad | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Chan Starts Working on the Quad

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Patrick reminds me of Elvis - very foucsed and very confident. I am sure Patrick will work hard to perfect the quad. Go Patrick!!!

xoxo

Spectator
well...i don't think he will be able to try quad on competition during next season...

hongligl

Final Flight
I believe Patrick can get it just in time for the olympics.

I remember hearing one commentaror said Patrick got everything he needed for each phase of his skating career and got it just in time. I believe the examples was his 3Lz and 3As.

Now it's 4T's turn:)

There's much about Patrick's skating that, to me, is above average and great. The Quad for competitive purposes will be nice, but he will still be a First Class skater without it, and heaven help the Quad Kings if they splat on it. How many of them have only the Quad?

^^ Who have only the quad? I can think of Timothy Geobel and Kevin Reynolds. Who else?
Patrick has the most super posture and flow over the ice. Only Johnny Weir has that. Maybe Adam if he gets rid of the morozov choppiness.
My point, of course, who among the consistent quadders can show precision flow and posture over the ice? Who could one name who isn't an ardent fan?

seniorita

Record Breaker
Who could one name who isn't an ardent fan?

Can I dare name -especially in terms of flow- Verner and TakahashI?
And i m not this ardennes fan of both of them:)

jennylovskt

Medalist
Patrick has the most super posture and flow over the ice. Only Johnny Weir has that. Maybe Adam if he gets rid of the morozov choppiness.
My point, of course, who among the consistent quadders can show precision flow and posture over the ice? Who could one name who isn't an ardent fan?

Wow, I have never thought about it in this way. Just for your words, I have rewatched Patrick's 09 Worlds LP and 09 Canadian Championship LP. I have to say, in a sense, I am proud of him because you say so. He is great at the edges, speed, and flow. But that doesn't deminish the greatness of the skaters who have quads. Without the technical difficulties, the skaters are just as such - another Johnny Weir kind of skater. The skaters who could perfectly combine difficult jumps and the beautiful skatings are the skaters who could be called perfect in my book. I can name half a dozen of them. I hope Patrick could jump out of this "have quad, no flow or have flow, no quad" circle. Then he will be truly great!

Last edited:

psycho

On the Ice
Without the technical difficulties, the skaters are just as such - another Johnny Weir kind of skater. The skaters who could perfectly combine difficult jumps and the beautiful skatings are the skaters who could be called perfect in my book. I can name half a dozen of them. I hope Patrick could jump out of this "have quad, no flow or have flow, no quad" circle. Then he will be truly great!

A couple of years ago being compared to Johnny was a compliment. Now it's a diss.:cry: How quickly the tides turn.

Don't mind me, I just never expected that a time would come when Weir would be associated with generic, technically deficient skating...:frown:

I wonder if a similar fate awaits Chan. Sure he's a boy-wonder now, but what happens when he stumbles (and they all do). I wonder what we'll be saying about him in about 4 years time...hmmmm.

antmanb

Record Breaker

I think i'm struggling to come up with a name because who can be said to be a "consistent quadder"? I think the only man we can say is consistent with the quad is probably Joubert who does haev good posture and flow but not on a level with Weir or Chan.

The unkown possible consistent quadders could be Takahashi and Pluschenko but we won't know til the season is underway how their quads are looking though Pluschnko's seemingly doing well with it now, Takahashi though I think may struggle to get it back as he's only just recently been allowed back on the ice to jump.

The only other guy I can think of is Verner who IMO has the best posture and flow over the ice but he certainly is not consistent, although he seems to have a high success rate with the quad itself (its the rest of the jumps towards the end of the programme that go MIA).

Ant

seniorita

Record Breaker
well well well, i would not believe I would live to see this, :laugh: but I totally disagree about plushenko.
He has all the goods of the world and great posture but not the edges of chan. Do we speak about flow and posture in general?Cause I understood something different.
I would not consider Plush's flow or use of edges comparable to chan, his flow is based on strength and speed so in the question of Joe he was not a candidate. While we are on the subject neither Joubert can be compared on that, his skate is based on speed also. Chan is smooth and really spectacular on that, still I prefer the way Takahashi, Verner (quads) and most of all Weir (no quad) move on ice. Thats just my view of course;)

Last edited: