Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Grand Prix 2009 Entries are up!

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Thanks from me too. They used to be in pdf.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha'sSpins View Post
    I hope and pray that NONE of the skaters hurt themselves. No injuries, everyone in top form. That's my wish.
    Amen to that!! Skate gods - are you listening??

Custom Title
    GP assignments! Yay!
    I'm swamped with work, and in the middle of my lunch break it occurred to me to check if the assignments are published, and ...

Did read the thread yet (damn work), but just have to say:
    1. TEB looks AMAZING in all fields
    2. Happy about Sasha getting two spots
    3. Takahshi's back
    4. I know Brian wanted RUS assignment, but he'll be happy with JPN and all the screaming fans - he thrives on this.
    5. I hope Eurosport will air it. I mean actually air it. Not just put it on schedule and air swimming/snooker/tennis

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by merrybari View Post
    Amen to that!! Skate gods - are you listening??
    Amen to that, too!

Custom Title
    A few observations: There isn't much use accusing the ISU of breaking rules in regards to Sasha. I remember studying the constitution of the old Soviet Union back in high school. It was filled with "weasel clauses", which basically said the great and glorious Communist Party could do whatever it wanted, whenever it wanted. The ISU seems to have the same system.

The USFSA considers Jeremy and Evan their best men, as it seems they did their best to keep those two separate. Likewise they consider Rachael and Caroline their best ladies.

Caroline has a tough schedule. But if you want to be the best, you have to beat the best. Still, she has a reasonable shot at a silver and bronze, which is what got her in the Final in 2007.

I remember reading that Michelle has until May 30 to state if she wants to compete in the Grand Prix. So if Michelle wants to be Miss TBA at Skate America, all she needs to do is let the USFSA know by ...........................

................................ YESTERDAY !!!!!!

Tripping on the Podium
    Enough with them already. If they are able to compete, then compete and stop all this primadonna complex. They know that it takes time and hard work to compete and they should stop fiddling with whoever to give way to them. Excuses and more excuses for the comebacks, they should just exit the skating world gracefully and stop pulling people's legs. Just a waste of time and slots for other competitors.

Proud Sarah Hughes Fan
    OMG, TEB is absolutely CRAMMED with talent, it's almost like SA last year.

I'm thrilled that Sasha has two spots in the GP. Even though she has a slim shot at medaling at TEB, she has a pretty good chance at SA.

Oh, and I can definitely see Rachael making the final with her assignments (let's hope she does).

It's all about Rules can be broken as they are in all facets of life. I got clobbered for suggesting that Sasha would get 2 GPs, and she got the GP of her choice although that can backfire with a bronze if not 4th or even 5th. TEB is power packed.

What I did not like was that Mao could not get 2006 Olys but apparently the JF succumbed to the Rules.

Tripping on the Podium
    No need for explanations to support your impression/opinion,JOESITZ. I do understand that's how you feel and you just wanted to share it.

Are there substitutes if someone WDs a certain time before an event?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    Are there substitutes if someone WDs a certain time before an event?
    Yes. Substitutes are drawn from the Seasons Best list. For Ladies (Italics means skater is probably going to skate in the JGP)

19 153.84 Kanako MURAKAMI JPN
    20 149.28 Yukiko FUJISAWA JPN
    21 147.46 Angela MAXWELL USA
    22 147.41 Ivana REITMAYEROVA SVK

23 146.69 Becky BERESWILL USA 1 spot
    25 145.00 Haruka IMAI JPN
    26 144.49 Alexe GILLES USA 1 spot
    27 143.02 Kristine MUSADEMBA USA
    29 142.24 Oksana GOZEVA RUS 1 spot
    30 142.12 Beatrisa LIANG USA 1 spot
    31 140.67 Elena GLEBOVA EST 1 spot
    34 139.50 Yan LIU CHN 1 spot
    35 139.44 Amanda DOBBS USA skating PAIRS
    36 139.37 Jenna MCCORKELL GBR 1 spot
    38 137.78 Ksenia MAKAROVA RUS
    39 137.05 Katarina GERBOLDT RUS 1 spot
    40 136.98 Annette DYTRT GER 1 spot
    41 136.41 Alexandra NAJARRO CAN
    42 136.16 Mira LEUNG CAN 2 spots
    45 135.25 Candice DIDIER FRA 1 spot
    46 134.90 Stefania BERTON ITA skating PAIRS
    48 133.54 Shoko ISHIKAWA JPN 2 spots
    49 133.26 Binshu XU CHN 1 spot
    50 131.50 Na-Young KIM KOR 2 spots
    51 131.46 Diane SZMIETT CAN 1 spot
    52 130.85 Tugba KARADEMIR TUR 1 spot
    53 130.29 Anna JURKIEWICZ POL 2 spots
    54 128.93 Nana TAKEDA JPN 2 spots
    55 127.25 Melissa BULANHAGUI USA 2 spots
    56 126.65 Isabel DRESCHER GER
    57 125.61 Nina PETUSHKOVA RUS 2 spots
    58 125.39 Anastasia GIMAZETDINOVA UZB 2 spots
    59 124.95 Sonia LAFUENTE ESP 2 spots
    60 124.50 Kana MURAMOTO JPN
    61 124.18 Miriam ZIEGLER AUT

62 123.88 Cheltzie LEE AUS 2 spots
    63 123.85 Mae Berenice MEITE FRA
    64 123.52 Sandy HOFFMANN GER
    65 123.12 Marissa SECUNDY USA

66 122.75 Jenni VÄHÄMAA FIN 2 spots
    67 122.70 Francesca RIO ITA 2 spots
    68 121.97 Rumi SUIZU JPN 2 spots
    69 121.64 Hyeon-Jung KIM KOR 2 spots
    70 120.61 Nella SIMAOVA CZE 2 spots
    71 119.89 Rebecka EMANUELSSON SWE
    72 118.71 Rylie MCCULLOCH-CASARSA CAN

73 118.39 Viktoria HELGESSON SWE 2 spots
    74 118.09 Evgania TARASOVA RUS
    75 117.98 Roberta RODEGHIERO ITA
    Last edited by chuckm; 05-31-2009 at 02:43 PM.

TEB!

I have to go to the ladies too this time, that might be my only chance to see Kim, Asada and Nakano competing. I also like the men's line-up (I get to see Rippon!). And if I do Ladies, I probably have to do dance too. Well, at least the Kerrs are there, apart from that the Dance field seems a bit empty. Pairs is a bit like last year, except for Dubé / Davison are there instead of Duhamel / Buntin.

The weakest men's field is for sure SA; I mean there is only one other big gun apart from Lysacek, and that's Verner, who is never in form for his Grand Prix events. Oh, and China is also really weak. Lysacek can already book his hotel room in Japan.

Japan men's field is incredibly tough. The others look alright.

The burr up Speedy's Butt! visaliakid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    I have read it very carefully.

http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=1403

The clause that is usually quoted as the supposed loop-hole is section 2.2, paragrqph (e):

This obviously does not apply to Sasha, or as far as I know, to Shen and Zhao.

Then there is section 2.2 paragraph (h).

Is that the “loophole” you are referring to? That this paragraph means that this “Group” can set aside the rules and make up new rules on the spot, which are not in the published document, without consulting anyone?
    Both 2.2 Sec (e) and (h) are so generically written (I believe purposely, which is the methodology used by 'El Duce' and his council of cohorts) as to allow the widest possible interpretation for return eligibility. Thus it provides maximum cover for each NGB to allow a return of a former competitive skater and not be disallowed by the ISU. It's all apart of the corruptive nature of ISU leadership, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    TEB!

I have to go to the ladies too this time, that might be my only chance to see Kim, Asada and Nakano competing. I also like the men's line-up (I get to see Rippon!). And if I do Ladies, I probably have to do dance too. Well, at least the Kerrs are there, apart from that the Dance field seems a bit empty. Pairs is a bit like last year, except for Dubé / Davison are there instead of Duhamel / Buntin.

The weakest men's field is for sure SA; I mean there is only one other big gun apart from Lysacek, and that's Verner, who is never in form for his Grand Prix events. Oh, and China is also really weak. Lysacek can already book his hotel room in Japan.
    I think the TEB dance field is wonderful - I like V/M, love Nathalie and Fabian (hopefully you'll get some voidy programs!) and really like the Kerrs. Also, S/B are fun, and the Hubbells are interesting. I'd much rather watch that than CoC or SA - unless Isabelle and Olivier do make it, I feel SA is totally bland.

Someone pointed out that this is one year in which going to the GPF may not be so attractive, as it coudl mess up with preparation for Olys. USFSA may regret sending Evan out against weaker fields.

I am so jealous of everyone going to TEB. The ladies event alone should be worth the price of admission, and that's my least favorite discipline! And you get Brian, Yannick, Tomas, Adam Rippon and Javi in the men's field. The pairs event looks good, too. I so want to go.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckm
    Yes. Substitutes are drawn from the Seasons Best list. For Ladies (Italics means skater is probably going to skate in the JGP)
    AFAIK Stefania Berton switched to pairs.

Quote Originally Posted by PolymerBob View Post
    I remember reading that Michelle has until May 30 to state if she wants to compete in the Grand Prix. So if Michelle wants to be Miss TBA at Skate America, all she needs to do is let the USFSA know by ...........................

................................ YESTERDAY !!!!!!
    So now the question is, did she or ddn't she?

We won't know until November.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast