Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Prix 2009 Entries are up!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrlmy View Post
    On what basis Bebe merits a gp assignment over Angela? Btw, is the undecided SA spot reserved for MK or possibly Angela or Kristine?
    The Skate America ladies' TBA will most likely either be Kwan (IF she decides she wants to come back) or one of the 3 U.S. ladies with 1 GP (Alexe Gilles, Becky Bereswill, Bebe Liang). Gilles (9th) finished the highest among the 3 of them at '09 Nationals. Angela Maxwell is slated to return to the JGP from what I've heard, along with the Shibutanis (no surprise) and Richard Dornbush. (These were the U.S. skaters guaranteed 1 Sr. GP if they wanted to move up.) ETA: Kristine Musademba should be back on the JGP as well.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-30-2009 at 10:13 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wishmaker View Post
    Thanks for the link, EHDTKQORL123. Can you explain more about "...that Japan didn't call Mao". What's the news?
    Well, AFAIK Japanese federation has been supporting Mao for Olympics so they always invited her to NHK, but this time they didn't even though they could..

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dlarry1 View Post
    my Mac is downloading the files from ISU as .php files, and I can't open them. Any advice, or does someone know of another way they are posted?
    Use IE on Windows. I am also a Mac user and had the same problem

Medalist
    I just realized Yuna always gets the toughest assignment. Sucks to come from a weak fed, isn't it?
    As current World Champion, Yu-Na got to pick her two GP assignments for next season. She didn't get stuck with anything and her federation had nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Can I post here links of picasa or mediafire or something?
    Yes.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Whoa! Gotta give it to Shen/Zhao for coming back without endless media-whoring (BUT I LOVE YOU SASHA!)
    Excuse me, I'm not going to repeat your word, but how do you know they didn't get a blizzard of PR in China?

(It dismays me that they're quite unknown here ... this is from having seen them in SOI twice, with hardly anyone cheering but me.)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruin714 View Post
    Just found out, it's in Japan. Not good for North Americans.
    I heard getting GF ticket is insanely competitive in Japan like getting Olympic tickets in Canada. I mean even Japanese can't easily get a ticket since there will be lottery thing like Vancouver Olympics

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    The Skate America ladies' TBA will most likely either be Kwan (IF she decides she wants to come back) or one of the 2 U.S. ladies with 1 GP (Alexe Gilles, Becky Bereswill, Bebe Liang). Gilles (9th) finished the highest among the 3 of them at '09 Nationals. Angela Maxwell is slated to return to the JGP from what I've heard, along with the Shibutanis (no surprise) and Richard Dornbush. (These were the U.S. skaters guaranteed 1 Sr. GP if they wanted to move up.)
    Thank you for the explanation. I hope Angela will rock junior grand prix.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pippa View Post
    As current World Champion, Yu-Na got to pick her two GP assignments for next season. She didn't get stuck with anything and her federation had nothing to do with it.
    Hmmm to me, it seems like some of her competitors got tough assignments

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    Excuse me, I'm not going to repeat your word, but how do you know they didn't get a blizzard of PR in China?

(It dismays me that they're quite unknown here ... this is from having seen them in SOI twice, with hardly anyone cheering but me.)
    I'm just basing on whatever is out there accessible for me. I've certainly heard a lot about Plushenko, and I didn't have to search russian websites. I'm sure I would've heard something from S/Z if they wanted to generate some buzz.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    I've certainly heard a lot about Plushenko, and I didn't have to search russian websites.
    maybe cause it was me screaming

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=3...4e75f6e8ebb871

the boards in jpg.
    Last edited by seniorita; 05-30-2009 at 10:06 PM.

Medalist
    MANY thanks, Seniorita!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ehdtkqorl123 View Post
    Hmmm to me, it seems like some of her competitors got tough assignments

All Hail Queen Yu-Na!!!!!! SailorGalaxia518's Avatar

News China's Shen, Zhao look for elusive Olympic gold

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

China's Xue Shen and Hongbo Zhao left competitive figure skating on a high note. The won their third world title in Tokyo in 2007, and, on top of that, Zhao got down on one knee at the end of their free skate to propose to his partner. Shen joined him on his knee and said, "Yes."

I like it! Sasha does not have to do anything heroic at Eric Bompard. Just show up without too much rust, skate her programs, and finish somewhere in the middle of that powerhouse field (Kim, Asada, Nakano, Zhang, Gedevanishvili, Korpi,...). Then crank ot up a notch and try to medal at Skate America. That will put her right on track.

Rachael appears to have the best shot of all the American ladies to make the finals. She has legitimate chances for second or third at both of her events.

Caroline has the best draw. She gets to mix it up with the big girls in Paris, then shoot for the moon against a weaker field at Skate Canada.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast