Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Prediction Thread for Trophée Eric 2009

On the Ice
    Yu-na and Carolina are the only ladies in TEB that can have fully rotated 3-3 combos. Carolina has some inconsisteny issue, but if she is consistent, she will be definitely one of the top ladies! They both have speed, height, distance which will get them good GOE.

The others are somehow behind in their jump qualities. Those who have 3-3 have either underrotation and prerotation problems (e.g. Mao, including her 3 axels) or tiny jumps in terms of height and/or distance (e.g. Caroline, Mao). Some can only do 3-2 combos.

Thus, my predictions:

1. Yu-na Kim
    2. Carolina Kostner (if consistent)

The others are hard to decide, but:

3. Mao Asada (Even if her jump quality is not as good, her posture and step sequence is wonderful. Her reputation will do too)
    Last edited by zartian; 10-11-2009 at 06:16 AM.

Custom Title
    I don't do prediction threads, or should say predictions usually, superstitious & all that, also when I do I'm never right, lol.

That said, I honestly don't want Mao Asada to win anything during the Grand Prix, just hang in there to medal is all. Show she's a contender. Have everybody write her off, like they did Sarah Hughes, lessen the pressure, let it be on someone else. I don't want her to feel like Midori Ito did back in 1998.

I would rather Mao Asada trail then lead, this goes for EVERY competition that she enters this 2009/2010 season. I want her to come from behind at the finish line, or if she's feeling like Steve Prefontaine, then by all means go ahead & do so. When the moment comes, she's going to have to throw everything she has in her arsenal (like Sarah Hughes did) because Yuna is like Irina Slutskaya, they jump BIG, and 99% of the time they fully rotate their jumps. Thus, to offset that factor Mao has to do more to make up the difference (ala Sarah Hughes). You can do it, you can do it, you can do it...

For the Men here at TEB, may the best man win. No thoughts one way or the other. Ditto pairs.

Dance, I would like to see Samuelson & Bates to sneak in for the bronze, or at least fourth. Have a good outing, a nice showing, enjoy Paris!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bibi View Post
    icenetwork live streaming:
    http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    Do you guys think I'll be able to watch it, i live in Canada and I wasn't able last year.
    No. I checked and they won't be airing it outside the US and it's protectorates (I'm also in Canada, and was looking forward to it). I know Bold has some Grand Prix coverage during Trophee Eric, but I don't know to what extent.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    No. I checked and they won't be airing it outside the US and it's protectorates (I'm also in Canada, and was looking forward to it). I know Bold has some Grand Prix coverage during Trophee Eric, but I don't know to what extent.
    I think Skatebuzz is streaming it live.

On the Ice
    I have posted some preview posts of TEB on my blog:

Pairs/Dance: http://videoreplayartistry.blogspot....and-dance.html

Men: http://videoreplayartistry.blogspot....eview-men.html

nice to have your blog back!

Sitting Here on Blue Jay Way silver.blades's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Skate buzz is streaming the whole GP live, or at least that's what I gather from what they said on the site. They're defiantly streaming TEB.

Custom Title
    What the hell, I 'll do the whole field. Let's see how close I get.

Ladies

Kim
    Asada
    Kostner
    Nakano
    Zhang
    Gedevanishvili
    Korpi
    Gilles
    Glebova
    C. Didier
    G Didier
    Jurkiewicz

Men

Oda
    Joubert
    Verner
    Voronov
    Ponsero
    Rippon
    Preaubert
    Bradley
    Chipuer
    Fernandez
    Yang
    Liebers

Pairs

Savchenko/Szolkowy
    Mukhortova/Trankov
    Dube/Davison
    Inoue/Baldwin
    James/Bonheur
    Hong/Wu
    Castelli/Shnapir
    Canac/Coia

Dance

Virtue/Moir
    Pechalat/Bourzat
    Kerr/Kerr
    Samuelson/Bates
    Gorshkova/Butikov
    Rubleva/Shefer
    Navarro/Bommentre
    Blanc/Bouquet
    Hubbel/Hubbel
    Carron/Jones

Custom Title
    i am not doing predictions,
    if carolina zhang skates good, i hope they don't take sasha displacement out on her or the (maybe the us might tell them to keep her down because sasha pulled out-seeing the us needs sasha not the younger skaters--that is my own opinion-and thought --i hope)
    as far as mao--i thought mao held back a little too much in the japan open in order to be ready for TEB (i hope)

but the medal fight will be between mao, yu-na- carolina zhang , carolina kostner and yukari with kiira having a outside shot.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by zartian View Post
    yu-na and carolina are the only ladies in teb that can have fully rotated 3-3 combos. Carolina has some inconsisteny issue, but if she is consistent, she will be definitely one of the top ladies! They both have speed, height, distance which will get them good goe.

The others are somehow behind in their jump qualities. Those who have 3-3 have either underrotation and prerotation problems (e.g. Mao, including her 3 axels) or tiny jumps in terms of height and/or distance (e.g. Caroline, mao). Some can only do 3-2 combos.

Thus, my predictions:

1. Yu-na kim
    2. Carolina kostner (if consistent)

the others are hard to decide, but:

3. Mao asada (even if her jump quality is not as good, her posture and step sequence is wonderful. Her reputation will do too)
    ita!

On the Ice
    My TEB ladies prediction blog post: http://videoreplayartistry.blogspot....ew-ladies.html

Custom Title
    Predictions!! Oh I missed this, so weird to start with TEB!

Ladies
    Kim
    Asada
    Nakano
    Kostner
    Korpi

Men
    Oda
    Joubert
    Verner
    Ponsero
    Voronov
    Preaubert

Pairs
    Savchenko/Szolkowy
    Mukhortova/Trankov
    Dube/Davison
    James/Bonheur
    Inoue/Baldwin

Dance
    Virtue/Moir
    Pechalat/Bourzat
    Kerr/Kerr
    Gorshkova/Butikov
    Samuelson/Bates

Custom Title
    The others are somehow behind in their jump qualities. Those who have 3-3 have either underrotation and prerotation problems (e.g. Mao, including her 3 axels) or tiny jumps in terms of height and/or distance (e.g. Caroline, Mao). Some can only do 3-2 combos.
    What rubbish. It's to be expected with your enormous bias, but since when does Mao have tiny jumps in terms of height and/or distance?

If Yu-Na's triple lutz-triple toe is as underrotated at TEB as it was in recent training footage, she had better be downgraded. Ditto her 2A-3T. I'm not expecting this to happen, though, as her reputation precedes her as well.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Andalusia View Post
    What rubbish. It's to be expected with your enormous bias, but since when does Mao have tiny jumps in terms of height and/or distance?

If Yu-Na's triple lutz-triple toe is as underrotated at TEB as it was in recent training footage, she had better be downgraded. Ditto her 2A-3T. I'm not expecting this to happen, though, as her reputation precedes her as well.
    You are so RUDE!

At least I do not criticize people so directly as you do. I am sorry if I upset you by pointing out some weaknesses of your loved one. Mao's height is OK but her distance, to my eyes, seems to be a jump on the same spot (whatever the English term is~).

I like mao, her adorable, innocent-looking face (which, I believe, hinders her expression though), her flexibility in spiral, her step sequence, her hard-working attitude... But.. jump-wise, I do think, she has consistent prerotation (underrotation) problems. I just hope she will pursue to be more accurate in her (comfortable) jumps rather than try all those difficult (yet imperfect) new jumps.

Every skater has some weaknesses. Yu-na has jumps, she has expression..but I don't like her spiral: her body seems to be a little stiff, again in my opinion. I just write here what I see (thus it could be somewhat subjective although I try not to, but I think every poster speaking one's opinion is somehow subject to subjectivity). Is there any problem with you?
    Last edited by zartian; 10-15-2009 at 06:39 PM.

Custom Title
    You are so RUDE!
    Maybe it's the start of the season getting to people but I'm REALLY not appreciating how people are calling people "RUDE" and various other character flaws for disagreeing with them. If you can't handle dissenting opinions, an online forum isn't really the place.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast