Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 152

Thread: Prediction Thread for Trophée Eric 2009

  1. #46
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,580
    Please don't make me wear his SP outfit if you do that .
    I had not thought of it before, but now you mention it, thats a great idea

    I ll be in paris, i have not booked anything but it s just around the corner and I may cheer for jouby also with you!I will try at least

  2. #47
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    135
    I'm going YAY! So excited! My predictions are:

    Mens
    1. Brian Joubert
    2. Tomas Verner/ Nobunari Oda
    3. Tomas Verner/ Nobunari Oda/ Alban Preaubert/ Yannick Ponsero

    Remember, French skaters always skate welll in France! ( Except for Joubert last year ) Oda could get the gold if he skates clean so is Verner!

    Ladies
    1. Mao Asada / Yu-Na Kim
    2. Mao Asada / Yu-Na Kim
    3. Caroline Zhang / Yukari Nakano

    Ok, it's way too easy to think that Mao or Yu-Na will take the gold! Hopefully Mao does amazingly well landing her 3-3 and 3As! Yu-Na, since she is the favorite to win this... Anything can happen! Mao isn't a stable skater if she plans something so difficult that she won't be able to pull off! Yu-Na never takes risk or challenge so her program ( Jumps, Spins ) will be same as last season! So she'll most likely skate clean or close to clean!

    Bronze is hard but Caroline since she's 16 and she has amazing spins and good jumps! Nakano is a good skater too! Carolina could even win a gold but I don't know how well she is right now... Sasha won't have enough technical content, I don't think she'll take the gold or silver...

  3. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by pokky_oc View Post
    I'm going YAY! So excited! My predictions are:

    Mens
    1. Brian Joubert
    2. Tomas Verner/ Nobunari Oda
    3. Tomas Verner/ Nobunari Oda/ Alban Preaubert/ Yannick Ponsero

    Remember, French skaters always skate welll in France! ( Except for Joubert last year ) Oda could get the gold if he skates clean so is Verner!

    Ladies
    1. Mao Asada / Yu-Na Kim
    2. Mao Asada / Yu-Na Kim
    3. Caroline Zhang / Yukari Nakano

    Ok, it's way too easy to think that Mao or Yu-Na will take the gold! Hopefully Mao does amazingly well landing her 3-3 and 3As! Yu-Na, since she is the favorite to win this... Anything can happen! Mao isn't a stable skater if she plans something so difficult that she won't be able to pull off! Yu-Na never takes risk or challenge so her program ( Jumps, Spins ) will be same as last season! So she'll most likely skate clean or close to clean!
    I guess you are rooting for Asada, but let's try not to express support by denouncing other skaters' effort. IMHO, it is vastly unfair to claim in a negative way that Yu-Na "does not take risk or challenge." She does not change her jumping passages because she does not have to; why on earth would a skater spend her energy and resources in changing something that perfectly works for her, while she can use the resources to focus on other important elements, like improving the overall program quality and artistic expression? In fact, her PCS throughout last season clearly shows where her focus has been. Besides, I think she has been challenging herself quite enough by taking very different programs every season since she started competing in the senior circuit. Asada is a good skater, and I hope both have great competitions next season for us.
    Last edited by jaws12345; 06-23-2009 at 09:44 AM.

  4. #49
    Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,880
    Quote Originally Posted by jaws12345 View Post
    I guess you are rooting for Asada, but let's try not to express support by denouncing other skaters' effort. IMHO, it is vastly unfair to claim in a negative way that Yu-Na "does not take risk or challenge."
    I don't think the previous poster said anything worthy of reprimand. People are allowed to express opinions here, aren't they?

    All you have to do is explain why you think she's wrong, as you did.

  5. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    I don't think the previous poster said anything worthy of reprimand. People are allowed to express opinions here, aren't they?

    All you have to do is explain why you think she's wrong, as you did.

    If I did, I might have gone off a bit because I am just tired of seeing this line of argument popping up all the time mostly from Asada fans(of course not all, just very few among them). Both Yu-Na and Mao are hard-working, fantastic athletes, and I wanted to point out that there are ways of supporting our favorite skater without denouncing anyone's effort in the process. If you say that's still too much, so be it.
    Last edited by jaws12345; 06-23-2009 at 12:53 PM.

  6. #51
    Custom Title Joesitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    20,185
    These predictions may be fun, but are also too silly to take seriously. Who actually predicted Evan's World win? And reports on practices do not add to making predictions more accurate. We may know the music before hand but is that any gage for predicting? Predictions are simply based on a) favorites or b) more serious, based on past best performances with no guarantee that the skater will repeat those.

  7. #52
    Custom Title Morning Glory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    in the Lavender Garden
    Posts
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by jaws12345 View Post
    and I wanted to point out that there are ways of supporting our favorite skater without denouncing anyone's effort in the process.
    I agree with you. Every skater has hard training, so they have to be respected.

    But I don't think pocky_oc claimed Yuna in negative way. Saying "does not take risk or challenge." doesn't mean "She is not improving". I think Yuna's technical strategy is "do what she can do correctly, beautifully, perfectly without taking the risk". It's her right strategy and very suits to Cop.So, pocky_oc said "she'll most likely skate clean or close to clean!", I guess.

  8. #53
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,349
    OT, but I hope "pocky_oc" is pronounced, "pokie-okie." That would be cool.

  9. #54
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    392
    LADIES
    1. Carolina Kostner (new coach unleashes her true potential! yaaaaay!!!)
    2. Mao Asada
    3. Yu-Na Kim
    4. Sasha Cohen
    5. Caroline Zhang
    6. Yukari Nakano
    7. Kiira Korpi

    GENTS
    1. Brian Joubert
    2. Nubunari Oda
    3. Adam Rippon
    4. Yannick Ponsero
    5. Sergei Voronov
    6. Alban Preaubert

    PAIRS
    1. Savchenko and Szolkowy
    2. Mukhortova and Trankov
    3. Dubé and Davison

    DANCE
    1. Virtue and Moir
    2. Pechalat and Bourzat
    3. Kerr and Kerr
    4. Samuelson and Bates
    5. Rubleva/Shefer

  10. #55
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    89
    my prediction:
    Men: Joubert or Dda

    Ladies: Cohen, if she's not withdraw

    Pairs: Savchenko and Szolkowy

    Dance: Virtue and Moir

    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    People are allowed to express opinions here, aren't they?
    Totally agree

    Quote Originally Posted by jaws12345 View Post
    If I did, I might have gone off a bit because I am just tired of seeing this line of argument popping up all the time mostly from Asada fans.
    Sorry, I saw tons of these from KIM's fans, why not mention them too? well, maybe, I guess, from the buttom of your heart, you think KIM is FAR better than ASADA, so you can't bear anything that sounds not good to KIM. Do you regard yourself as a sage?

  11. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by harmy18 View Post
    my prediction:
    Men: Joubert or Dda

    Ladies: Cohen, if she's not withdraw

    Pairs: Savchenko and Szolkowy

    Dance: Virtue and Moir



    Totally agree


    Sorry, I saw tons of these from KIM's fans, why not mention them too? well, maybe, I guess, from the buttom of your heart, you think KIM is FAR better than ASADA, so you can't bear anything that sounds not good to KIM. Do you regard yourself as a sage?
    Well, I don't mention them because so far I didn't have chance to talk to anyone who claim that they are Yu-Na's fans and at the same time argue that she plays safe all the time. And while I think Kim did better job than Asada at the Worlds 09 - Kim is the current World champion as a result - we don't know what is going to happen and who is going to prove herself to be a better skater in the next season, right?

    Again going back to my original point, I simply expressed my opinion that saying negative things about other skaters is not a nice way of showing one's support toward a skater the person roots for. And again, I might have overreacted because people I talked to who made that line of argument turned out to be Asada fans most of the time (again, there are only only very few of them, but I found them very persistent). Understandable, for Kim and Asada being supposedly rivals and all, but tired of that same old argument. Why say negative things about any skaters, not only about Kim, but about Asada or any other skaters in that matter? Are we not capable of discussing skaters like Simon and Chris do over at Eurosport? Or am I just too naive to hope for that to happen?
    Last edited by jaws12345; 07-03-2009 at 12:13 AM.

  12. #57
    pour atteindre l'inaccessible étoile! 1795's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    wonderland
    Posts
    794
    LADIES
    1. Yu-Na Kim
    2. Mao Asada
    3. Carolina Kostner

    MENS
    1. Brian Joubert
    2. Nubunari Oda
    3. Sergei Voronov

    PAIRS
    1. Savchenko and Szolkowy
    2. Mukhortova and Trankov
    3. Dubé and Davison

    DANCE
    1. Pechalat and Bourzat
    2. Kerr and Kerr
    3. Samuelson and Bates

  13. #58
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,609
    Wow - do you really think Virtue and Moir will miss out the medals completely? Do you know something we don't?

    And I tend to agree with jaws. Obviously, criticisms of skaters are fine, but what's the point of bringing one down just to make your favourite look better. Mt. Everest is still the tallest mountain on Earth, no need to set dynamite to K2.

  14. #59
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,616
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Mt. Everest is still the tallest mountain on Earth, no need to set dynamite to K2.
    But K2 has been training very hard, and may overtake Everest next season.

  15. #60
    pour atteindre l'inaccessible étoile! 1795's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    wonderland
    Posts
    794
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Wow - do you really think Virtue and Moir will miss out the medals completely? Do you know something we don't?

    And I tend to agree with jaws. Obviously, criticisms of skaters are fine, but what's the point of bringing one down just to make your favourite look better. Mt. Everest is still the tallest mountain on Earth, no need to set dynamite to K2.
    it's only my prediction. im no licensed psychic.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •