Prediction Thread for Trophée Eric 2009 | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Prediction Thread for Trophée Eric 2009

silver.blades

Medalist
Country
Canada
No. I checked and they won't be airing it outside the US and it's protectorates (I'm also in Canada, and was looking forward to it). I know Bold has some Grand Prix coverage during Trophee Eric, but I don't know to what extent.

Skate buzz is streaming the whole GP live, or at least that's what I gather from what they said on the site. They're defiantly streaming TEB.

casken

On the Ice
What the hell, I 'll do the whole field. Let's see how close I get.

Ladies

Kim
Asada
Kostner
Nakano
Zhang
Gedevanishvili
Korpi
Gilles
Glebova
C. Didier
G Didier
Jurkiewicz

Men

Oda
Joubert
Verner
Voronov
Ponsero
Rippon
Preaubert
Bradley
Chipuer
Fernandez
Yang
Liebers

Pairs

Savchenko/Szolkowy
Mukhortova/Trankov
Dube/Davison
Inoue/Baldwin
James/Bonheur
Hong/Wu
Castelli/Shnapir
Canac/Coia

Dance

Virtue/Moir
Pechalat/Bourzat
Kerr/Kerr
Samuelson/Bates
Gorshkova/Butikov
Rubleva/Shefer
Navarro/Bommentre
Blanc/Bouquet
Hubbel/Hubbel
Carron/Jones

fairly4

Medalist
i am not doing predictions,
if carolina zhang skates good, i hope they don't take sasha displacement out on her or the (maybe the us might tell them to keep her down because sasha pulled out-seeing the us needs sasha not the younger skaters--that is my own opinion-and thought --i hope)
as far as mao--i thought mao held back a little too much in the japan open in order to be ready for TEB (i hope)

but the medal fight will be between mao, yu-na- carolina zhang , carolina kostner and yukari with kiira having a outside shot.

Enthusiast

On the Ice
yu-na and carolina are the only ladies in teb that can have fully rotated 3-3 combos. Carolina has some inconsisteny issue, but if she is consistent, she will be definitely one of the top ladies! They both have speed, height, distance which will get them good goe.

The others are somehow behind in their jump qualities. Those who have 3-3 have either underrotation and prerotation problems (e.g. Mao, including her 3 axels) or tiny jumps in terms of height and/or distance (e.g. Caroline, mao). Some can only do 3-2 combos.

Thus, my predictions:

1. Yu-na kim
2. Carolina kostner (if consistent)

the others are hard to decide, but:

3. Mao asada (even if her jump quality is not as good, her posture and step sequence is wonderful. Her reputation will do too)

ita!

Ximena

Final Flight
Predictions!! Oh I missed this, so weird to start with TEB!

Ladies
Kim
Asada
Nakano
Kostner
Korpi

Men
Oda
Joubert
Verner
Ponsero
Voronov
Preaubert

Pairs
Savchenko/Szolkowy
Mukhortova/Trankov
Dube/Davison
James/Bonheur
Inoue/Baldwin

Dance
Virtue/Moir
Pechalat/Bourzat
Kerr/Kerr
Gorshkova/Butikov
Samuelson/Bates

Andalusia

Final Flight
The others are somehow behind in their jump qualities. Those who have 3-3 have either underrotation and prerotation problems (e.g. Mao, including her 3 axels) or tiny jumps in terms of height and/or distance (e.g. Caroline, Mao). Some can only do 3-2 combos.

What rubbish. It's to be expected with your enormous bias, but since when does Mao have tiny jumps in terms of height and/or distance?

If Yu-Na's triple lutz-triple toe is as underrotated at TEB as it was in recent training footage, she had better be downgraded. Ditto her 2A-3T. I'm not expecting this to happen, though, as her reputation precedes her as well.

zartian

Rinkside
What rubbish. It's to be expected with your enormous bias, but since when does Mao have tiny jumps in terms of height and/or distance?

If Yu-Na's triple lutz-triple toe is as underrotated at TEB as it was in recent training footage, she had better be downgraded. Ditto her 2A-3T. I'm not expecting this to happen, though, as her reputation precedes her as well.

You are so RUDE!

At least I do not criticize people so directly as you do. I am sorry if I upset you by pointing out some weaknesses of your loved one. Mao's height is OK but her distance, to my eyes, seems to be a jump on the same spot (whatever the English term is~).

I like mao, her adorable, innocent-looking face (which, I believe, hinders her expression though), her flexibility in spiral, her step sequence, her hard-working attitude... But.. jump-wise, I do think, she has consistent prerotation (underrotation) problems. I just hope she will pursue to be more accurate in her (comfortable) jumps rather than try all those difficult (yet imperfect) new jumps.

Every skater has some weaknesses. Yu-na has jumps, she has expression..but I don't like her spiral: her body seems to be a little stiff, again in my opinion. I just write here what I see (thus it could be somewhat subjective although I try not to, but I think every poster speaking one's opinion is somehow subject to subjectivity). Is there any problem with you?

Last edited:

SerpentineSteps

On the Ice
You are so RUDE!

Maybe it's the start of the season getting to people but I'm REALLY not appreciating how people are calling people "RUDE" and various other character flaws for disagreeing with them. If you can't handle dissenting opinions, an online forum isn't really the place.

HCOSurfer

Final Flight
My predictions:

Ladies
1. Kim
2. Kostner
3. Asada
4. Zhang

Men
1. Oda
2. Joubert
3. Rippon
4. Verner

Pairs
1. S/S
2. D/D
3. M/T
4. I/B

Dance
1. V/M
2. P/B
3. S/B
4. K/K

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
So, glancing through the predictions.

1. Kim and Virtue/Moir were widely predicted, with a few gutsy souls assuming P/B would take it.

2. EVERYONE predicted Savchenko/Szolkowy. People were more comfortable predicting them moreso than Kim, even.

3. Oda was predicted by six people: Yangjie, vmfan, Hsuhs, casken, Ximena and Hcosurfer

4. muskesk8r correctly predicted the top four in womens

5. Tooting my own horn, I got two podiums exactly correct (though I changed my prediction from Nakano to Kostner elsewhere), one podium with the correct top three but not order (pairs), and two of the three men (but wrong medals).