Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Michelle: Will She Return?

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by backspin View Post
    I'm hoping she might return to skating by touring again--SOI would be a wonderful place for her. I'm sad she never got to have a pro career, maybe that's what she wants now? I hope so!
    Michelle has said over and over again, she doesn't want to skate pro and she loves competing. If she does come back, I dont care a bit what the reason is. I'd just love to see her skate again. If she does decide to tour that would be great too. If she decides to go for her master's at this point, well, that's great too.

If anyone can't tell, I'm a MK fan, big time. But I also like Sasha and Irina and some of the young skaters coming up.

grannie frances

Michelle Kwan 2010

Rinkside
    or maybe she will run for Congress instead.

I love this girl!

Or.....

Michelle for President.

Good to see you over here, Granny Francis. Post often, post long! (Go Michelle!)

Keeper of Bab's Death Stare... nubka's Avatar
    Will Michelle come back? Who knows? Why is the sky blue? What is the mystery of the Yeti? Do you know the muffin man...??

A watch-pot never boils, and the waiting is soooooo hard. Just throw us a few crumbs Kween, anything...

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by visaliakid View Post
    . I totally disagree with the philosophy that Michelle, or Pluschenko or Shen and Zhao are taking someone elses spot by returning to competition. Spots belong to no one. They must be earned thru competition.

Return Michelle, and leave the others panting in your wake!

Well said. Thank you.

grannie frances

Michelle Kwan 2010

Rinkside
    Thanks, Mathman. I don't know why I haven't been here for so long. Had to re-register here in February, then I don't think I've been here since.
    I'm glad to see the board so active.

grannie frances

Michelle Kwan 2010

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nylynnr View Post
    To tour and do shows, step one is to generate renewed interest, so someone will mount a tour.
    Usually interest in figure skating is pretty high in an Olympic year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Good to see you over here, Granny Francis. Post often, post long! (Go Michelle!)
    Ditto!!

There is a rumor floating that Michelle will make an announcement sometime this summer, or possibly in the Fall.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    There is a rumor floating that Michelle will make an announcement sometime this summer, or possibly in the Fall.
    So it is agreed that if she wanted to compete at Nationals she would not have to go through regional, sectionals etc? If she announces in the fall that would mean no GP, no international experience but then again she is the Kween. Kweens don't need experience.

Custom Title
    Michelle wrote on twitter she would hold a press conference in June, so this must be a new rumor.

Anyway, if Kwan decides to return to competition, I know of no existing USFS rule that would allow her to gain a bye past regionals, unless she were assigned a senior B held around the same time (i.e., Nebelhorn). If she competed at Skate America, she would of course gain a bye past sectionals.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    So it is agreed that if she wanted to compete at Nationals she would not have to go through regional, sectionals etc? If she announces in the fall that would mean no GP, no international experience but then again she is the Kween. Kweens don't need experience.
    I agree that Michelle does not need the experience. Even her biggest detractor is not that foolish Even the biggest stickler for the rules would admit how ridiculous it would sound to say "Michelle needs the experience"

But Michelle - being the close to perfect lady and Kween that she is - recognizes that there are some who couldn't abide with even the slightest bending of the rules. Even for a Kween. So, of course she will do what is necessary to keep her legend alive. To keep her reputation untarnished. To keep the jackals at her feet away until she is ready to proclaim her destiny to the mortals who await her regal return.
    And when the hour has arrived bells will ring throughout the land! Children will dance with joy and the ancient ones will weep gentle tears of joy.
    And it is written that on such a day, from her Kweendom a cry will arise. "Long Live The Kween, Long Live Our Kween. "
    And let it be said that Figure Skating will arise from ashes accrued in her absense and once again overflowing rivers of sweet cash will fill the empty coffers left in her absence.

Ok, ok, enough. What is my point?
    "Rules, I don't need no stinkin' rules"
    Last edited by janetfan; 06-02-2009 at 08:46 PM.

Rinkside
    I agree that Michelle does not need the experience. Even her biggest detractor is not that foolish Even the biggest stickler for the rules would admit how ridiculous it would sound to say "Michelle needs the experience"

But Michelle - being the close to perfect lady and Kween that she is - recognizes that there are some who couldn't abide with even the slightest bending of the rules. Even for a Kween. So, of course she will do what is necessary to keep her legend alive. To keep her reputation untarnished. To keep the jackals at her feet away until she is ready to proclaim her destiny to the mortals who await her regal return.
    And when the hour has arrived bells will ring throughout the land! Children will dance with joy and the ancient ones will weep mighty tears of joy.
    And it is written that on such a day, from her Kweendom a cry will arise. "Long Live The Kween, Long Live The Kween. "
    And let it be said that Figure Skating will arise from ashes accrued in her absense and once again overflowing rivers of sweet cash will fill the empty coffers left in her absence.

Ok, ok, enough. What is my point?
    "Rules, I don't need no stinkin' rules"

Keeper of Bab's Death Stare... nubka's Avatar
    but michelle - being the close to perfect lady and kween that she is - recognizes that there are some who couldn't abide with even the slightest bending of the rules. Even for a kween. So, of course she will do what is necessary to keep her legend alive. To keep her reputation untarnished. to keep the jackals at her feet away until she is ready to proclaim her destiny to the mortals who await her regal return.
    and when the hour has arrived bells will ring throughout the land! Children will dance with joy and the ancient ones will weep mighty tears of joy.
    and it is written that on such a day, from her kweendom a cry will arise. "long live the kween, long live the kween. "

and let it be said that figure skating will arise from ashes accrued in her absense and once again overflowing rivers of sweet cash will fill the empty coffers left in her absence.

ok, ok, enough. What is my point?
    "rules, i don't need no stinkin' rules"
    !!! Lol !!!

Well, if Michelle answers she will skate competition next month, there are two TBAs in China, and one in SA. I doubt she will want to do GPs, she never did like them. I believe the new? rule allows for former Oly medalists.

If she doesn't skate GPs, for whatever reason, must she skate Sectionals to qualify for US Nats.

Personally, I doubt she will skate competitions this season. She doesn't even have a coach.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast