Caroline Zhang's 2009-10 season | Page 88 | Golden Skate

Caroline Zhang's 2009-10 season

feraina

Record Breaker
So, Caroline's season finished pretty early this year. I wonder if she's mulling a coaching change, now. Maybe she'll wait to see which skaters retire/change coaches after the Olympics/World's, before figuring out what her options are. I *really* hope that she will go to a new coach, someone with strong technical competence, and strong enough personality to make sure that she changes her jump technique even though she will fall a lot, literally and also through the rankings, while she works through her problems. That's the only way for her to get to a better place right now.

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
With her bronze at 4 Continents, at least Caroline will probably get 2 Grand Prix assignments. I would hate to see her have to go through regionals and sectionals to get to next year's Nationals.

Now, she can let her injuries heal and figure out what she wants to do. She should probably take a vacation. :yes:

fairly4

Medalist
probably--but the north american--united states voting/judging bloc isn't going to help her in the future-they got her down--they will keepp her that way. why-politics.
the u s didn't want the world to know they did the same thing for years. it has come out-now it is judging controversy(when russia or france did it -it was called cheating) like i stated earlier-it was okay for u s to do it-not anyone else.(politiiking block judging) they named 3 of canada, 3 of u s and 1 of italy-guess who the judges fromwhich country kept michelle down in 2005 worlds.yes it is old news. --but they aren't going to change and now calling it judging contrevosry-. always had it always will --in other words won't change and not going to try to.
michelles time it was judge fair-play fair--no it isn't concidenece it think not-goes to say they didn't want her to win ogm-now they don't won't zhang up in the medal rounds either -no competition is why zhang got 3rd-score says it all-.

jjane45

On the Ice
Any updates on Caroline's training / recovery after 4CC? She congratulated 2010 Olympians on Facebook and said "Can't wait for 2014!"
With the off-season on the horizon, can we expect some more coaching-change news?

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I expected news of her leaving Mingzhu Li by now. What is taking her so long?

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Maybe a new thread should be started for the upcoming season? ;) Can anyone think of a creative title?

I'm glad to hear Caroline will be working with Tom Dickson again.

Last edited:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Choreography with Tom Dickson.
:) Happy that she is branching away from Lori Nichol. Maybe she will find a coach that she likes in Colorado? If she is doing chreo already for the new season that is good, I guess she has music already picked (come on Caroline give us a hint!). But I am stunned and dissipointed that she has not announced a coaching change yet. If she really wanted to turn things around she should have started working with somebody new by now.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Using my awesome web browsing skills, I uncovered a Caroline sighting.

http://trends.ellerdale.com/topics/view/00a5-2f5e/Caroline+Zhang.html

Anyway, I am not yet totally certain Caroline needs a coaching change. I think a decision was made to avoid trying to re-work jumps until the Olympic season was over. She is probably re-working her jumps, and increasing her speed, right now.

Hopefully. Glad she's working with Tom Dickson though, his programs are always nice (Yuna's Tange De Roxanne :love:). Guess Caroline is still with Li then. Speaking of coaching changes, any word on who will be Patrick and Mao's coaches?

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Besides choreography I read that Tom Dickson also coaches at the Broadmore Skating Club not sure if he coaches Jr's or Sr's. He would be a great coach for Caroline but she would have to relocate to Colorado.

Wrlmy

Medalist
I'm totally clueless as to what Caroline's up to, but has there been any news on her college plan?

Yuunnaa<3

Rinkside
I think Caroline is a junior in high school still. I did hear from a friend in Colorado that they saw Caroline do a few triple flips without the mule kick today. He said that he couldn't even tell it was the same skater at first. I can't wait to see her next season now!

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I think Caroline is a junior in high school still. I did hear from a friend in Colorado that they saw Caroline do a few triple flips without the mule kick today. He said that he couldn't even tell it was the same skater at first. I can't wait to see her next season now!

Me either! But the mule kick is only one problem, she still needs to fix her speed and get her PCS up.

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
Me either! But the mule kick is only one problem, she still needs to fix her speed and get her PCS up.

Yes that's true. But remember how many posters wrote that it would take her 2 or 3 seasons to fix her mule-kick? If the report is correct, she will do it in a matter of months. :biggrin: